Standing Pats: Long-Term Deal for Welker Unlikely

Jul 30, 2012 Full story: IHaveNet.com

Wide receiver Wes Welker may not get a long-term contract extension he is expecting from the New England Patriots as deadline for franchise-tagged players nears.

Full Story
ricky

United States

#1 Jul 31, 2012
what the hell are they thinkin not signin "WELKER"to a long term deal. He's the best in the game @ what he does. "COME ON MAN"
jmccabecpht

Gainesville, FL

#2 Aug 3, 2012
ricky wrote:
what the hell are they thinkin not signin "WELKER"to a long term deal. He's the best in the game @ what he does. "COME ON MAN"
I'm a big pats fan and of course wondered this as well. I'm pretty sure I have the answer though. We picked up top notch guys in gaffney, Lloyd, and got back dionte stallworth an to top it off have Aaron Hernandez and gronk..our offense is set. Welker is getting older but can still play solid so I think it's just ne wanting to spread more instead of focusing on one guy unless it's Brady of course... And don't forget his drop in the sb

I know I won't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New England Patriots Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Super Bowl hero (but not MVP) Malcolm Butler ge... 11 hr Think about it 31
Who Should the New ENgland Patriots Resign? 12 hr Think about it 13
Rob Gronkowski Is Single, New England Patriot R... 12 hr Dr Spock 2
Are the Dolphins the new favorite to win AFC East? 12 hr Cap friendly 510
Tom Brady is Overrated (Jan '06) Thu PorkChopJones 10,069
Picked-up Patriots pieces at combine Thu BonerrificBradyRants 11
Bangs heard near site where ex-NFL star's alleg... Thu Judge Taint 4
More from around the web