viking nation

Madera, CA

#42 Mar 9, 2013
unlike the other post, I wonder why?
eric

Marshfield, WI

#43 Mar 10, 2013
viking nation wrote:
The Packers have a tough schedule. Them isnt going to be the team as last year without woodson & jennings & with last years picks that didnt pan out. It could be a long season here is the packers schedule. The away teams have a winning record... http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/2...
It takes a few years to determine if a draft worked out or not.This year is more important then last year for the 12 group.Nick Perry,Terrell Manning,Mike Daniels were drafted in the 12 group and the thing to see is if they make that leap between year 1 and year 2.Desmond Bishop and DJ Smith both coming back from injuries.IF Bishop is back 100% he is a good compliment in the middle to Hawk/Lattimore,Nick Perry ( broken Wrist) comes back healthy opposite Clay Mathews at OLB is a great compliment as well.Manning gets more Playing time behind Mathews,,they may be weak if players dont heal,but, if Perry is 100,Bishop is 100% and a few of the guys mentioned above take that expected 2nd year growth GB defense SHOULD be quite a bit better and i didnt mention Desmond Moses,a quicker good size LB as well.
viking nation

Madera, CA

#44 Mar 10, 2013
I agree it does take a few years to evaluate most players. With Perry to start with Perry played a 4-3 defense. transitioning from a 4-3 defensive end to a 3-4 outside linebacker . Perry is a athletic guy But NFC scout also likened Perry to Vernon Gholston, one of the biggest recent draft busts. the Packers gambled taking perry, Yes he was hurt with wrist and knee injuries before the packers put him on injured reserve but still they knew when picking him what scouts said about him.( scout said he's not a consistently explosive athlete. It kind of confuses you because you look at the numbers and he jumps real high and runs real fast, you'd think he'd be explosive. But he never turned it on that way.) I know many of the Packers players had some kind of injury last season & that was a big part of why the defensive line couldn't get to the QB. That & Don Capers If you look at Capers history what has happen to the packers defense is exactly what happened to all the other teams he coached.
eric

Marshfield, WI

#45 Mar 11, 2013
Packers need a new strength and conditioning either coach or Regine to improve all aspects of health..Capers also didnt make adjustments worth of squat in the NFC playoff game vs SF,NOW would that have made a difference? prob.not but at least the effort was there and we lost to the better team that day.I still say Perry will be a good compliment to Mathews or at least help keep Mathews into receiving single coverage.I wanted Capers fired because there was no adjustments,but, then again,you cant fire someone unless ther is a better alternative out there and was there?
Coach McCarthy has sent the whole defensive coaching staff to some sort of training school of some sort to learn more about SF type of offense so maybe that will help Capers call some plays but you need players to execute the game plan,so GB will need to sign a few defensive players to make that happen
viking nation

Madera, CA

#46 Mar 12, 2013
The Pistol Offense relies on a short passing. in order to keep the offense off-balance. Attacking the perimeter with screens and quick passes forces the defense to honor those receivers and keep defenders out of the box, which in turns opens up the Pistol Offense running game. The pistol is a pretty simple offense. there is five things to it is all. 1. you spread the field by formation. 2. Stack the Running Back behind the Quarterback. 3.Use the Quarterback as a runner (Option) 4. Make the defense defend both sides of the formation every play. 5.Use the quick passing game / screen game to keep defenders out of the box. The QB & RB is key. The Quarterback will align between three and four yards behind the Center. This is closer than the traditional “shotgun” alignment of five to seven yards.The snap is much easier between the Quarterback and Center compared to a traditional shotgun formation. The Running Back will align two to three yards directly behind the Quarterback. You now have your two best players in position to quickly attack the defense. Think of the vikings doing this Ponder has good speed & with Peterson this could be a major problem for defenses they play next year. I would like to see the Vikes install this for a few plays a game.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Vikings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vikings Sign Terence Newman 3 hr GBPmies 59
Greenway Takes Pay Cut 4 hr eric 3
Draft 2014 (May '14) 19 hr Magnum Man II 93
What to do with A.P. 19 hr Magnum Man II 72
QB in the later rounds Fri viking nation 3
A little something for Cobb Fri Fake IP Land 5
News Minnesota Vikings: Why Brandon Scherff Is Ideal... Thu BradyBonerz 6
More from around the web