Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#63 Dec 21, 2012
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
Win now with Vick as QB?
Oh you go guru of QBs! LMFAO!
Only a complete RTARD would want Vick now. WIN NOW!?! With Vick? I think the Vikes have had their fill of Philly leftovers thank you very little dumbass!
WTF is Avant talking about here? A Complete tool! Vick? Child please!
Find another African American QB but not Vick. You always want an African American QB donít you? How about Smith from SF? He can control a game make throws when he needs too. Not turn the ball over every other possession like Vick does!!!
Avant you need to get slapped! QB guru my ass!!!! You are STUPID!!
I wanted RG3. We had more to give than Wahington Are you telling me if we could redraft you wouldn't give anything for the rookie of the year?
GBPmies

Finland

#64 Dec 21, 2012
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>I wanted RG3. We had more to give than Wahington Are you telling me if we could redraft you wouldn't give anything for the rookie of the year?
1 - Vick as Viking is STUPID like you!
2 - Luck and RG3 were out of the Vikings reach.That is not how you build a team
3 - You love the African American QBs rain or shine
4 - You are no Guru of QBs, no 'TJax Lane' or 'Culpepper BLVD' to speak of!!!
5 - Only YOU believe in your BS, and you like it that way!
6 - Luck is a better QB than RG3

Davenport, FL

#65 Dec 22, 2012
Cook is definitely a CB worth keeping and starting,has big play potential and good cover skills.He paid his dues and Minn.made him a starter,so the point is mute.
Frazier has the team playing and for now,should remain the HC.As a team we're on the rise,yes we have area's of need,just keep drafting.Find some Qb competition and let the brass figure out what they want from the Qb position.
No to Vick.Turn over machine and very injury prone,just like RG and Newtless will be.Running Qb's have no rights when they run and defenders tee off,pocket guys have rights.

Location hidden

#66 Dec 22, 2012
It's not running QB's it's QB's who can run and they are taking over the NFL. 10 years from now we won't see statues in the pocket anymore. Steve Young said it himself. The NFL is permanently moving toward a mobile QB league.

Vikings drafted a mobile QB but he's like Tebow, he can't throw. RG3, Newton, Luck, Wilson, Jake Locker are all part of the new NFL of mobile QB's who are here to stay.

Location hidden

#67 Dec 22, 2012
We have the d to contend next year it's all about the Quarterback we bring in and I say Micheal Vick.

Location hidden

#68 Dec 22, 2012
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
5 - Only YOU believe in your BS, and you like it that way!
6 - Luck is a better QB than RG3
There was a time I wanted Luck to be a viking but he is nowhere close to being as good as RG3 look at the stats. QB rating RG3 is number 2 behind Rodgers and before hall of famers Brady and Manning. Luck is way behind Christian Ponder and just before Mark Sanchez. Rg3 is better than Luck CASE CLOSED!

Luck is second to Mark Sanchez in the NFL in turnovers with 25 which disqualifies him for rookie of the year, it will go to RG3 or Russell Wilson.

Location hidden

#69 Dec 22, 2012
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
5 - Only YOU believe in your BS, and you like it that way!6 - Luck is a better QB than RG3
Add Colin Kaepernick to the mobile QB explosion.

“Zimmer Turner Overdrive”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

#70 Dec 22, 2012
Think the cowboys might part with Romo?

“Goodbye my friend!”

Pringle Hill.

#71 Dec 23, 2012
Avant wrote:
We have the d to contend next year it's all about the Quarterback we bring in and I say Micheal Vick.
Just..........stop!

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#72 Dec 24, 2012
Stubby wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice I said good not great. I'm well aware of Cook's faults. Also realize he's on of the few big CBs to help match up against Megatron and Marshall. Replacement CB needs to have a minimum height requirement.
Exactly, that's why it's hard for me to say let him go......he's showed potential at times and I thought he was playing very good this season before he broke his arm. Agree with you about Robinson as well, he looks good. This secondary is looking better than it has in years.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Erie

#73 Dec 24, 2012
Purple Faithful wrote:
Think the cowboys might part with Romo?
Highly doubt it....Romo's good, just a half step away from elite IMO.

“Zimmer Turner Overdrive”

Minneapolis

#74 Dec 25, 2012
erie-vike fan wrote:
<quoted text>Highly doubt it....Romo's good, just a half step away from elite IMO.
Romo is elite. Just wanted a topic to discuss. Other elite quarterbacks have defenses. Romo is number two all-time in passer rating. Way up in YPA, too. Best 4th quarter all time, etc. You just never know with crazy Jerry, if the 'boys can't stop the skins.

For an off-season topic, I might ask who would trade Adrian for Romo

“We've been Norv'ed”

Erie

#75 Dec 29, 2012
Purple Faithful wrote:
<quoted text>Romo is elite. Just wanted a topic to discuss. Other elite quarterbacks have defenses. Romo is number two all-time in passer rating. Way up in YPA, too. Best 4th quarter all time, etc. You just never know with crazy Jerry, if the 'boys can't stop the skins.
For an off-season topic, I might ask who would trade Adrian for Romo
Good points..........I would think Garret would go before Romo tho. The reason I say Romo is a half step away is just due to the fact that he is 0-2 in elimination games and 1-3 in post season games.....I like Romo......a couple more post season wins and then I believe he will be considered elite in most circles.

“Lying scumbags need not apply”

Since: Jan 08

Yorktown, VA

#76 Jan 2, 2013
Stubby wrote:
Many of us have ignored reality or avoided talking the truth about Ponder. Mostly it was to trash any discussion by World's Dubmest Football Poster. We can't avoid the harsh realities about Ponder anymore.
1) He is too skittish in the pocket and too quick to run or get rid of the ball.
2) His accuracy under 15 yards is great but over 15 yds he's Tarvaris Jackson.
3) He doesn't have the zip to throw the tight slants and hard out routes.
4) He can't sell it on play action pass (not like Musgrave calls many anyhow).
Happy feet and pocket presence can be fixed but arm strength and ball speed is what it is. Vikings can grind it out on the ground only so far but a better passing QB is needed to make this team a contender.
Thoughts? All comments from WDFP shall be ignored.
So I went back and rewatched Ponder in the Packers beat down. He steps better and plant and throw off right leg is much stronger than in Nov. Apparently the leg injury bothered him more than I thought. Packers game answered my questions above.

1) Was not skittish and too quick to run.
2) 4 for 4 for passes longer than 15 yds
3) He squeezed in a couple tight passes including unreal tight one to Jenkins.
4) Still not selling play action. Needs acting classes or watch film on Favre. He could fake out D better than most.
Magnum Man

Christopher, IL

#77 Jan 2, 2013
Stubby wrote:
<quoted text>
So I went back and rewatched Ponder in the Packers beat down. He steps better and plant and throw off right leg is much stronger than in Nov. Apparently the leg injury bothered him more than I thought. Packers game answered my questions above.
4) Still not selling play action. Needs acting classes or watch film on Favre. He could fake out D better than most.
Uh, now that he's married his acting will improve! LOL

Location hidden

#78 Jan 3, 2013
Stubby wrote:
<quoted text>
Before his FLIP FLOP.
1) He is too skittish in the pocket and too quick to run or get rid of the ball.
2) His accuracy under 15 yards is great but over 15 yds he's Tarvaris Jackson.
3) He doesn't have the zip to throw the tight slants and hard out routes.
4) He can't sell it on play action pass (not like Musgrave calls many anyhow).

Location hidden

#79 Jan 3, 2013
Stubby wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you DARE try and say Ponder is descent after your original scathing report on our franchise QB.
Procynic

Pensacola, FL

#80 Jan 3, 2013
Stubby wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget about it Stubby, it doesnt matter what is said. Even if Ponder plays well and the Packers win due to other scenarios, the know-nothing, clueless one will be on here saying " See? I told you Ponder couldnt do it ". He has no " big picture vision " of the game of football. As I said in another post, get a couple WR's ( perhaps 1 FA, and 1 draft ) and see what Ponder can do with that. The 2013 QB draft prospects are thin at best, and the Vikes at pick #21 minimum will not have a shot at one anyway ( draft WR, a little bit OL, and heavy on defense ). Never mind the trolls, they are only here to stir the pot, and are fake Viking fans.
Magnum Man

Christopher, IL

#81 Jan 3, 2013
Procynic wrote:
<quoted text>Forget about it Stubby, it doesnt matter what is said. Even if Ponder plays well and the Packers win due to other scenarios, the know-nothing, clueless one will be on here saying " See? I told you Ponder couldnt do it ". He has no " big picture vision " of the game of football. As I said in another post, get a couple WR's ( perhaps 1 FA, and 1 draft ) and see what Ponder can do with that. The 2013 QB draft prospects are thin at best, and the Vikes at pick #21 minimum will not have a shot at one anyway ( draft WR, a little bit OL, and heavy on defense ). Never mind the trolls, they are only here to stir the pot, and are fake Viking fans.
WDFP has an agenda to prove. After his 10 ga-zillion raves about T. Jackson he is attempting to make others look bad. Kinda some perverted thinking!

Remember he also wanted to trade Peterson after his injury. But you don't hear much about that anymore.
Procynic

Pensacola, FL

#82 Jan 3, 2013
Magnum Man wrote:
<quoted text>WDFP has an agenda to prove. After his 10 ga-zillion raves about T. Jackson he is attempting to make others look bad. Kinda some perverted thinking!
Remember he also wanted to trade Peterson after his injury. But you don't hear much about that anymore.
Yeah, I remember the trade Peterson campaign. I also remember a few trade Jared Allen posts the year before Allen came within a half sack of the season record, and is STILL a disruptive force in the opponents backfield. Like I said, no clue when it comes to the big picture. The Vikes seem to have finally started to build through the draft, the most important step in the right direction in my opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Vikings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get On The Vikings Bandwagon (Jun '14) 12 min Magnum Man II 59
THE PICK IS IN Vikings 1st pick is 38 min Magnum Man II 3
Ben Tate is history Thu Magnum Man II 1
Culpepper/Moss era Thu Magnum Man II 6
Merry Christmas Wed viking nation 1
Merry Christmas Wed Avant 1
who to cut and who to keep Wed eric 7
More from around the web