*** Time to get real about QB ***

“Lying scumbags need not apply”

Since: Jan 08

Yorktown, VA

#43 Dec 15, 2012
Magnum Man wrote:
Speaking of wins. What is the major difference between the Vikings first six games and the last six games.
Why were we winning in the beginning of the season and why has the offense become so unproductive?
Did somebody get injured?
Did we play lesser teams?
your thoughts.....
Without Percy Harvin to get yards after catch the WR corps, Musgrave's lame playbook and Ponder's lack of deep pass all got exposed. Let's not forget the D forgot how to tackle in a couple of those games (TB, Deadskins).

Since: Dec 06

Spring Hill, FL

#44 Dec 16, 2012
But we did put the Lions back in the basement.Now for the Bears.

“Zimmer Turner Overdrive”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

#45 Dec 19, 2012
Please. Safety, yes. Who didn't have the Vikes taking Harrison smith. You are a joke to think a pass blocking LT was important to the Vikes this year. Christian Rosen-Ponder had 5 yards per attempt against rams. Spielman is a tool. His best draft pick ever is a kicker, rest were obvious or busts. You are delusional thinking the LT was a smart pick top 5.

Now, for a QB prospect, what of the wolfpack's Glennon? HE may be interesting
zeker2

Minneapolis, MN

#46 Dec 19, 2012
Ponder (Congrats!) needs a better LG, a couple of decent WRs, and above all a decent QB coach! Give the kid just a few of the advantages that other young QBs have and then see how he does before passing judgement. Ponder is a smart kid, but he was thrown in the deep end without a noodle, or anybody to teach him how to swim. I know the NFL is a cutthroat business, but if we jettison Ponder prior to finding out how good he can be, we all lose.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#47 Dec 20, 2012
I just read where the Jets are shopping Sanchez..........he's due roughly 8 million next year..........just saying...... I don't think he would be a good fit in Minny..
Magnum Man

Pinckneyville, IL

#48 Dec 20, 2012
erie-vike fan wrote:
I just read where the Jets are shopping Sanchez..........he's due roughly 8 million next year..........just saying...... I don't think he would be a good fit in Minny..
He might possibly workout to be a good QB, but I think the price tag is to high. It would be a very large gamble even if the price tag was lowered.

“FORUMS LONGEST POSTING MEMBER ”

Location hidden

#49 Dec 20, 2012
Vick, Peterson, Harvin add another receiver we can contend.
Mike

Houston, TX

#50 Dec 20, 2012
Magnum Man wrote:
Stubb I agree that it is getting harder and harder to defend Ponder. I will also admit that since I don't have NFL ticket or direct TV I have very limited input for my opinion.
First lets look at what we have and want to keep. RB is great, K is solid, TE is good, DE is good and LB (Greenway only) is solid.
Now lets look at what we need. I think we can agree that we need one or two more WR's and with Harvin possibly being exiting from the team, that would only put more emphasis on that position.
RG is a position of upgrade, DT could use some help, our secondary is aging and we could always us depth.
so lets do the math: 2 WRs, 1 RG, 1 DT, 1 CB, 2 depth.
there are the seven draft pics. Maybe we could pick up someone in FA and enable us to alter our draft needs. That is a possiblity.
But the bottom line is this, due we want to go out on the limb and get another QB who may or maynot be an improvement? Or do we try to "get by" with what we have and hope that by adding WRs we'll see improvement?
I'm not sure that there is one correct answere. But I'm still holding out that Ponder will improve.
Your thoughts.....
(except WDFP of course).....
Aging secondary? You're a fool. You are just trying to sound smart and have no idea. Our secondary is really young less Winfield.

Yorktown, VA

#51 Dec 20, 2012
Gotta replace Winfield sometime soon. Cook and Robinson have the makings of a good CB tandem. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Winfield be the Nickel next year with Cook/Robinson the starters.

With Winfield near the end of his career and the CB depth thin, I do think they need to take a CB in 3rd-5th round.

Location hidden

#52 Dec 20, 2012
erie-vike fan wrote:
Sanchez and Ponder are the same guy tho he is better than Christian.

Minneapolis

#53 Dec 21, 2012
Hey, according to the QBR, Ponder, Gabbert, and Fitzgerald are better than Luck. See what happens when you overvalue completion percentage. Scheme wise, we need more playaction downfield. Give ponder deberg tape to watch. If we only needed five yards passing, just as good to hand to Adrian.

Minneapolis

#54 Dec 21, 2012
Stubby wrote:
Gotta replace Winfield sometime soon. Cook and Robinson have the makings of a good CB tandem. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Winfield be the Nickel next year with Cook/Robinson the starters.
With Winfield near the end of his career and the CB depth thin, I do think they need to take a CB in 3rd-5th round.
Cook has no interceptions and no seasons where he played a full season. Plus, gin wave neighbor, choke girlfriend - more trouble than he is worth looking at KC.

Location hidden

#55 Dec 21, 2012
Purple Faithful wrote:
<quoted text>Cook has no interceptions and no seasons where he played a full season. Plus, gin wave neighbor, choke girlfriend - more trouble than he is worth looking at KC.
Cook's agility is poor. He can't stay with quick receivers.

Location hidden

#56 Dec 21, 2012
Purple Faithful wrote:
<quoted text>Cook has no interceptions and no seasons where he played a full season. Plus, gin wave neighbor, choke girlfriend - more trouble than he is worth looking at KC.
After this year Peterson has 2 hall of fame seasons left what do you think about bringing in Micheal Vick to try to win now?

There will be a drop off in Peterson's play after 2014 season.

Yorktown, VA

#57 Dec 21, 2012
Purple Faithful wrote:
Notice I said good not great. I'm well aware of Cook's faults. Also realize he's on of the few big CBs to help match up against Megatron and Marshall. Replacement CB needs to have a minimum height requirement.
GBPmies

Finland

#58 Dec 21, 2012
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>After this year Peterson has 2 hall of fame seasons left what do you think about bringing in Micheal Vick to try to win now?
There will be a drop off in Peterson's play after 2014 season.
Win now with Vick as QB?

Oh you go guru of QBs! LMFAO!

Only a complete RTARD would want Vick now. WIN NOW!?! With Vick? I think the Vikes have had their fill of Philly leftovers thank you very little dumbass!

WTF is Avant talking about here? A Complete tool! Vick? Child please!

Find another African American QB but not Vick. You always want an African American QB don’t you? How about Smith from SF? He can control a game make throws when he needs too. Not turn the ball over every other possession like Vick does!!!

Avant you need to get slapped! QB guru my ass!!!! You are STUPID!!
GBPmies

Finland

#59 Dec 21, 2012
Stubby wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice I said good not great. I'm well aware of Cook's faults. Also realize he's on of the few big CBs to help match up against Megatron and Marshall. Replacement CB needs to have a minimum height requirement.
If Cook got his act together he could be the real deal at CB. I have seen him before making tons of plays.... then getting hurt... then in trouble.. then making plays... then hurt again. If he grows up and plays to his ability he is strong on the outside. I think the kid can play but so far he as acted like a kid. He needs to grow up and play ball. If he does he will be a solid CB. He is tough and can also play strong vs the run.
Procynic

Freeport, IL

#60 Dec 21, 2012
Stubby wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right stubby. Not sure Cook will pan out after so much trouble, though I do remember he covered megatron well (allowed one touchdown) during a game. Im thinking a big, fast, agile CB in the upcoming draft. I think Josh Robinson has good potential, but has a size disadvantage against some of the big physical receivers in todays NFL. On a side note... if I ever see the dog-killer in a viking uniform, I will be hoping to see him receive a career-ending injury on the first snap of the first pre-season game. Yeah, I know that sounds harsh...anyway, have a Merry Christmas!

Location hidden

#61 Dec 21, 2012
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
Win now with Vick as QB?
Oh you go guru of QBs! LMFAO!
Only a complete RTARD would want Vick now. WIN NOW!?! With Vick? I think the Vikes have had their fill of Philly leftovers thank you very little dumbass!
WTF is Avant talking about here? A Complete tool! Vick? Child please!
Find another African American QB but not Vick. You always want an African American QB don’t you? How about Smith from SF? He can control a game make throws when he needs too. Not turn the ball over every other possession like Vick does!!!
Avant you need to get slapped! QB guru my ass!!!! You are STUPID!!
Available veteran QB's are Vick and Alex Smith. I'll take Vick, Smith's contract is huge plus Smith needs more weapons than we have.
Procynic

Freeport, IL

#62 Dec 21, 2012
Whoops! Sorry bout the double post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Vikings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RIP Denny Green 17 hr Magnum Man II 1
News New Minnesota Vikings stadium to host X Games i... Thu Magnum Man II 2
News Psychic's prediction: 'Brett Favre will win the... (Aug '10) Jul 8 Fixated on Bradys... 36
I'm glad he is not a Viking anymore....... Jul 6 Magnum Man II 8
Vikings Fans... Jul 4 Magnum Man II 1
Happy Fathers Day Jun '16 Magnum Man II 1
News Vikings' OT Phil Loadholt a player for Giants t... Jun '16 Stubby 4
More from around the web