*** Time to get real about QB ***
Magnum Man

Pinckneyville, IL

#22 Dec 12, 2012
As if right on que; Its Wednesday, the Vikings won and Pixie boy shows up.

Where O Where is Tavaris at,
Where O Where could he be?
janeski

Mahomet, IL

#23 Dec 12, 2012
how about rivers
Procynic

Milton, FL

#24 Dec 12, 2012
Magnum Man wrote:
You mean the QB that clueless supported for four years? Last I heard he was sitting on the Bills third string behind Tyler Thigpen, and had yet to be activated for a game.
janeski

Mahomet, IL

#25 Dec 12, 2012
phillip rivers san diego chargers
Harry

Palmdale, CA

#26 Dec 12, 2012
Magnum Man wrote:
Enjoy the peace and quiet. Even the nasty trolls in this thread seem less offensive to me.

“FORUMS LONGEST POSTING MEMBER ”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#28 Dec 13, 2012
Procynic wrote:
<quoted text>You mean the QB that clueless supported for four years? Last I heard he was sitting on the Bills third string behind Tyler Thigpen, and had yet to be activated for a game.
Tavaris Ponder down to the number 7 and jump passes are the same guy. I kicked both to the curb after they proofed they couldn't do the job.

Now maybe we can find a QB we can both support.

“clemens for president '20”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#29 Dec 14, 2012
Hard to get an accurate pulse on Ponder with the worst WR corp in the league....that being said I wouldn't throw him out with the bathwater but the Vikes should keep their options open.

Erie

#30 Dec 14, 2012
p.s. I'm a huge Harvin fan but I consider him more of a slot guy, plus he's doubled every time downfield anyway, all his yds. come from Y.A.C..

Spring Hill, FL

#31 Dec 14, 2012
erie-vike fan wrote:
Hard to get an accurate pulse on Ponder with the worst WR corp in the league....that being said I wouldn't throw him out with the bathwater but the Vikes should keep their options open.
I would say forget Ponder,maybe some day but not likely.

“Zimmer Turner Overdrive”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

#32 Dec 14, 2012
Stubby wrote:
PF - You are too focused on first round. You take best available player that fits team needs. Those team needs also a ranked in priority. Last year Kalil was best player and LT was #1 area of need. DT was probably about #30 area of need. If they would have draffted Fletcher Cox the offense would really suck and they'd have 3-4 fewer wins.
no, because I wanted Cox in a trade down, using the loot to draft a rd2 tackle - cordy glenn, who I loved, turned out to be available - and with my defense first approach, i never had a mock without taking Vontaze Burfict. Burfict and Cox were monsters last night, cordy glenn is a massive left tackle who destroys on run blocking. If the Vikes can't throw with 9 in the box, why bother drafting a pass blocking LT? Glenn would cave in the entire right side, as he is doing for buffalo, and the Vikes defense would be top 3, more than likely.

AD has more YPA than Ponder! you don't build around Ponder, in that situation, but I also mocked better WR's than what the vikes took. Spielman is only good in rd 1, but it is never really what builds a good team.

Minneapolis

#33 Dec 14, 2012
oh, Childress, Fletcher Cox has 6 sacks now; KWill has 2. Cox gets doubled, KWill, not so much.

Erie

#34 Dec 14, 2012
Childress wrote:
<quoted text>I would say forget Ponder,maybe some day but not likely.
You maybe right but it is way too early to tell..........give him a couple weapons and then evaluate, he's still pretty much a rookie, I think people are pulling to many knee jerk reactions when it comes to his evaluations.

Erie

#35 Dec 14, 2012
may be........whoops.......

Spring Hill, FL

#36 Dec 15, 2012
erie-vike fan wrote:
<quoted text>You maybe right but it is way too early to tell..........give him a couple weapons and then evaluate, he's still pretty much a rookie, I think people are pulling to many knee jerk reactions when it comes to his evaluations.
I would like some competition at the position.

“Lying scumbags need not apply”

Since: Jan 08

Yorktown, VA

#37 Dec 15, 2012
Purple Faithful wrote:
oh, Childress, Fletcher Cox has 6 sacks now; KWill has 2. Cox gets doubled, KWill, not so much.
So what. Vikings D is based on DTs plugging up middle and letting DEs get the sacks. It has worked as not only are 3 Vikings DEs doing better than 2 best DE on Philly, the entire team has more sacks than Philly.

Get over it. DT was not an area of need and Cox would have added nothing to change the teams record. Step back and look at big picture and don't get fixated on one player who you happened to want as a Viking.
Magnum Man

Pinckneyville, IL

#38 Dec 15, 2012
Competition and a decent back-up!

Webb is not the answer and I don't even know who the back up is besides Webb.

If Ponder goes down, were in a world of hurt.

Minneapolis

#39 Dec 15, 2012
Stubby wrote:
<quoted text>
So what. Vikings D is based on DTs plugging up middle and letting DEs get the sacks. It has worked as not only are 3 Vikings DEs doing better than 2 best DE on Philly, the entire team has more sacks than Philly.
Get over it. DT was not an area of need and Cox would have added nothing to change the teams record. Step back and look at big picture and don't get fixated on one player who you happened to want as a Viking.
no, the UT plugs, the 3 tech gets sacks and collapses the pocket. Like the Bengals Tampa 2. So much anger, stubby. Kwill had 8.5 sacks in 2008. We need that to knock qb's off their rhythm,disrupt the pocket.

So, you are now not thinking DT in rd 1, stubby? Going qb, wr or guard, then?

Minneapolis

#40 Dec 15, 2012
Rememmber, we won the division without a quarterback in 2008 when kwill was good.
Magnum Man

Pinckneyville, IL

#41 Dec 15, 2012
Speaking of wins. What is the major difference between the Vikings first six games and the last six games.

Why were we winning in the beginning of the season and why has the offense become so unproductive?

Did somebody get injured?
Did we play lesser teams?

your thoughts.....

“Lying scumbags need not apply”

Since: Jan 08

Yorktown, VA

#42 Dec 15, 2012
Purple Faithful wrote:
<quoted text>no, the UT plugs, the 3 tech gets sacks and collapses the pocket. Like the Bengals Tampa 2. So much anger, stubby. Kwill had 8.5 sacks in 2008. We need that to knock qb's off their rhythm,disrupt the pocket.
So, you are now not thinking DT in rd 1, stubby? Going qb, wr or guard, then?
You are right for position need just off a year or two. That's what I and others have been trying to tell you. Yes KWill will need to be replaced. However last year was not when it needed to happen. Other positions were greater need namely OT and Safety. Guess what the football professionals in the Vikings organization did? Yep, they drafted an OT and a Safety. Keep thinking you are smarter than them, it's kind of amusing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Vikings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cyrus Kouandjio could be useful pickup for the ... 1 hr WerePharts 3
News Sam Bradford a players champion and the Viking'... Tue SpinningPhartzx 8
News Minnesota Vikings' four biggest question marks ... Tue BearsPhartzx 26
News Vikings GM: Mike Zimmer To Take Time Off For Ey... May 22 Vikings Phartz 2
Why do the Vikings suck so much balls? May 20 BetterPharttz 23
Happ Birthday Bud Grant May 20 BigPharttz 4
News Saints' Adrian Peterson gets $1 million if he r... May 18 Gets pharts 6
More from around the web