Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#2 Oct 6, 2013
I am excited. We have our franchise QB.

“FORUMS LONGEST POSTING MEMBER ”

Location hidden

#3 Oct 6, 2013
Wonder how long it will take to learn the system?

Location hidden

#4 Oct 6, 2013
2014 we need to draft more playmakers for Freeman. I'm on that as we speak.
viking nation

Madera, CA

#5 Oct 6, 2013
Wow The Vikings and Freeman have agreed on a one-year deal worth around $3 million, according to NFL.com . If Freeman plays like he did in 2010 We got a pretty good QB. Freeman in 2010 threw for 3,451 yards that year and only threw six INTs.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#6 Oct 6, 2013
Avant wrote:
Vikings sign Freeman we have are QB.
I dont what youre so excited about.We signed a quarterback that has 45 touchdowns to 42 interceptions over the last three years.Just another Ponder.Ponder 75.8 quarterback rating over his career.Freeman 78.8.I dont understand this signing.I would have rather played Bethel Thompson.
viking nation

Madera, CA

#7 Oct 6, 2013
Freeman had 4,065 yards passing last season. In his four years with Tampa he improved his yards passing each year. His first year he had 1,857 yards passing & in his second year 3,451 His third year 3,592 fourth year 4,065 yards passing I can see why the Vikings signed him, His passer rating wasn't the high but his over all yards passing was pretty darn good. If the Vikes can cut down on Freeman's INTs they got a good QB. I think Freeman is worth the three milion dollar risk.

Location hidden

#8 Oct 7, 2013
viking nation wrote:
Freeman had 4,065 yards passing last season. In his four years with Tampa he improved his yards passing each year. His first year he had 1,857 yards passing & in his second year 3,451 His third year 3,592 fourth year 4,065 yards passing I can see why the Vikings signed him, His passer rating wasn't the high but his over all yards passing was pretty darn good. If the Vikes can cut down on Freeman's INTs they got a good QB. I think Freeman is worth the three milion dollar risk.
We need to do something in the secondary.Sherels is actually rating quite high which surprises me but Robinson is the one getting burned.We have the 32nd ranked passing defense.Chris Cook is hurt all the time and AJ Jefferson isnt very good otherwise we could play Sherels in the slot.We scored enough to win I dont think we really needed a quarterback.

Location hidden

#9 Oct 7, 2013
viking nation wrote:
Why couldnt Freeman win in Tampa?They have a good running back and pretty good recievers.Just somebody elses problem.At least its only for a year.
elyite

International Falls, MN

#10 Oct 7, 2013
Bleeds Purple wrote:
<quoted text>I dont what youre so excited about.We signed a quarterback that has 45 touchdowns to 42 interceptions over the last three years.Just another Ponder.Ponder 75.8 quarterback rating over his career.Freeman 78.8.I dont understand this signing.I would have rather played Bethel Thompson.
Freeman didn't have the WR's we have, he certainly didn't have the best RB in football lining up behind him and he didn't have a Pro Bowl TE to bail him out when everyone was covered.....We have found our Franchise QB and we didn't have to give up a 1st round pick!! GO VIKES!!
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#11 Oct 7, 2013
Avant wrote:
I am excited. We have our franchise QB.
There you go again
The QB of a franchise is not the same thing as a franchise QB

Location hidden

#12 Oct 7, 2013
Bleeds Purple wrote:
<quoted text>I dont what youre so excited about.We signed a quarterback that has 45 touchdowns to 42 interceptions over the last three years.Just another Ponder.Ponder 75.8 quarterback rating over his career.Freeman 78.8.I dont understand this signing.I would have rather played Bethel Thompson.
Thompson will never amount to anything. He is worse than Ponder. Freeman can be elite bet our receivers love the move.

Location hidden

#13 Oct 7, 2013
Bleeds Purple wrote:
<quoted text>We need to do something in the secondary.Sherels is actually rating quite high which surprises me but Robinson is the one getting burned.We have the 32nd ranked passing defense.Chris Cook is hurt all the time and AJ Jefferson isnt very good otherwise we could play Sherels in the slot.We scored enough to win I dont think we really needed a quarterback.
We can fix the d or get a offensive playmaker with the pick we were going to use on a QB.

You don't think we need a QB? So all the experts and our coaches are wrong?

Davenport, FL

#14 Oct 7, 2013
Bleeds Purple wrote:
<quoted text>Why couldnt Freeman win in Tampa?They have a good running back and pretty good recievers.Just somebody elses problem.At least its only for a year.
BP,check your email in your profile section.
I Know I Know

Brookfield, WI

#15 Oct 7, 2013
Hang in there Viking fans. You're just a few more washed-up Green Bay Packers away from being really good. Not sure if the washed-up ex-Tampa Bay QB will help though. Does anybody REALLY know what happened in Tampa? A couple of years ago, Freeman was the proto-typical new age QB. He was RGIII and Cam Newton rolled into one. But if his stats and ratings are close to Ponder, just what is it you're gaining? I like Freeman but "something" happened. Oh well, should only take a couple more seasons to find out where this is going. Nothing like a QB controversy to give you a 6-10 season. And then there's that contract stuff with Peterson and a guy named Allen.

Should all come together about the time the stadium is finished ..... maybe.

Location hidden

#16 Oct 7, 2013
I Know I Know wrote:
Hang in there Viking fans. You're just a few more washed-up Green Bay Packers away from being really good. Not sure if the washed-up ex-Tampa Bay QB will help though. Does anybody REALLY know what happened in Tampa? A couple of years ago, Freeman was the proto-typical new age QB. He was RGIII and Cam Newton rolled into one. But if his stats and ratings are close to Ponder, just what is it you're gaining? I like Freeman but "something" happened. Oh well, should only take a couple more seasons to find out where this is going. Nothing like a QB controversy to give you a 6-10 season. And then there's that contract stuff with Peterson and a guy named Allen.
Petersons signed till 2017.If Allen has a great year Im sure well sign him otherwise Everson Griffith will take over.How much of a letdown did we have when Ray Edwards left.Allen going on 31 next year.Is he worth the money now.

Location hidden

#17 Oct 7, 2013
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>Thompson will never amount to anything. He is worse than Ponder. Freeman can be elite bet our receivers love the move.
I hope youre right Avant.I just want to win and win now.Ponders a great guy but he wasnt getting it done.
viking nation

Madera, CA

#18 Oct 7, 2013
Bleeds Purple wrote:
<quoted text>We need to do something in the secondary.Sherels is actually rating quite high which surprises me but Robinson is the one getting burned.We have the 32nd ranked passing defense.Chris Cook is hurt all the time and AJ Jefferson isnt very good otherwise we could play Sherels in the slot.We scored enough to win I dont think we really needed a quarterback.
I agree The Vikes secondary is kiiling the team chances. The Vikes let Tomlin go & the defense has never been the same under Frazier. Robinson & Rhodes, Cook & Smith are all good players, They all played good in college. We have all seen how the Vikes D just isn't getting pressure on the QB. I think they need more blitz packages In that Steelers game they used Greenway once on a blitz & got a sack out of it. If they can use Greenway or Robinson,Rhodes,Smith in more blitz packages the Vike could stop the other team from throwing deep anytime they wish & forcing our guys to cover on so many deep passes in one game. Right now this is whats happening, Teams are throwing deep anytime they choose & we need to stop it by using more blitz packages.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#19 Oct 8, 2013
Bleeds Purple wrote:
Yeah he comes with Q marks Bleeds but the upside could be worth the minimal risk the Vikes didn't have to give up to sign him..........his mechanics are off, first and foremost he has to find them again, he did throw 25 TD's and only 3 picks just a few yrs' ago..........I think 3..........is he still coachable???? Where is his head??? We'll find out.....clearly he and Schiano didn't mesh well..........He did do well under Olsen when he coached him at Tampa though..........maybe Frazier can establish a good rapport with him..........we'll see........don't balk till we see what he can do in purple..........
elyite

International Falls, MN

#20 Oct 8, 2013
I Know I Know wrote:
The Freeman signing is obviously bad news for people living in "The Land Of Cheddar." Yes, Ponder has struggled, however lets not forget the nice little winning streak he went on in the second half of last season, which I believe included a win in Green Bay! You ask what happened to Freeman? Well he now has the best WR's hes ever played with, he now has the best RB to ever play the game,he now has a Pro Bowl TE to bail him out when everyone is covered, he knows he can count on Kalil to watch his back and he now has a fan base that understands the game of football! I think we are going to see the real Josh Freeman...and this is bad news for "Cheese Lovers everywhere"!!! GO VIKES!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Vikings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Source: Disgruntled running back Adrian Peterso... 5 min Yo Adrian 7
Dont feed your Pets AKC Treats 5 hr viking nation 6
Happy Memorial Day 14 hr eric 2
News What is Adrian Peterson's receiving potential w... Sun tom wingo 2
Cordarrelle Patterson Sun Spielman 78
Tom Brady Sun Spielman 190
News Adrian Peterson: Playing in Dallas 'would be nice' Sat Spielman 3
More from around the web