First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#1 Nov 23, 2012
Is there a Vikings fan who wouldn't have traded anything the Rams wanted for the services of the great RG3?

Jimmy Johnson said RG3 IS MVP OF NFL and if he were starting a team Griffin would be his first pick.

http://msn.foxsports.com/lacesout/jimmy-johns...
Magnum Man

Christopher, IL

#2 Nov 23, 2012
Lets see:

1) I would not trade Peterson.
2) I would not trade Allen.
3) I would not trade Harvin.
4) I would not trade a bunch of multiple picks for him.

In short "NO" I would not trade away "anything" that the Redskins wanted. Primarily for two reasons.

a) At the time RG3 was an unproven player.
b) Football is a team sport and it requires more than just a QB.

Nope I'm happy with the Vikings trade and will let it play out for better or worse.

“Zimmer Turner Overdrive”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

#3 Nov 23, 2012
Well, I said I'd have traded for RG3 at the time more than what Washington offered. So I don't need to revise my position from Justin blackmon ;)

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

#4 Nov 23, 2012
Magnum Man wrote:
Lets see:
1) I would not trade Peterson.
2) I would not trade Allen.
3) I would not trade Harvin.
4) I would not trade a bunch of multiple picks for him.
In short "NO" I would not trade away "anything" that the Redskins wanted. Primarily for two reasons.
a) At the time RG3 was an unproven player.
b) Football is a team sport and it requires more than just a QB.
Nope I'm happy with the Vikings trade and will let it play out for better or worse.
We were in a better position than Washington to make the trade. we had more to offer.

a) RG3 was not an unproven player. Many including I expressed the opinion He was better than Luck, every week RG3 proves that point.
b) Football is a team sport but the best teams have elite QB's.
c) Like YOU I wonder what Ponder we will see in Chicago?
Magnum Man

Christopher, IL

#5 Nov 23, 2012
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>We were in a better position than Washington to make the trade. we had more to offer.
a) RG3 was not an unproven player. Many including I expressed the opinion He was better than Luck, every week RG3 proves that point.
1) Yes, RG3 was (and is still) an unproven player, its the long haul that he will be judged by. Taking him over Luck...goes to show you don't know how to admit your wrong.
2) Give the Vikiings 10 elite players at all positions and a so-so QB and we'll go to the Super Bowl. Give the Vikings 10 so-so players and the best QB and you'll get the #1 draft spot again.

Give it up - RG3 has had a few good games. Just like Cam Newton he will fade with time.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

#6 Nov 23, 2012
Magnum Man wrote:
<quoted text>
1) Yes, RG3 was (and is still) an unproven player, its the long haul that he will be judged by. Taking him over Luck...goes to show you don't know how to admit your wrong.
2) Give the Vikiings 10 elite players at all positions and a so-so QB and we'll go to the Super Bowl. Give the Vikings 10 so-so players and the best QB and you'll get the #1 draft spot again.
Give it up - RG3 has had a few good games. Just like Cam Newton he will fade with time.
Media tells you what to think and you jump. Think about it. If we can't find 1 elite QB how in the heck are we going to find 10 elite players at all positions?

If I'm able to discover unknown college QB talent that turn out to be professional superstars so can payed coaches, It's easier to find QB's than 10 top notch defensive players. I do it every year.

Cam Newton will win at least 1 SB and 9 all-pro nominations. RG3 win's at least 2 SB's with the same all-pro nominations as Newton.
Colin Kaepernick can win a SB this year.
Harry

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Nov 23, 2012
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>Media tells you what to think and you jump. Think about it. If we can't find 1 elite QB how in the heck are we going to find 10 elite players at all positions?
If I'm able to discover unknown college QB talent that turn out to be professional superstars so can payed coaches, It's easier to find QB's than 10 top notch defensive players. I do it every year.
Cam Newton will win at least 1 SB and 9 all-pro nominations. RG3 win's at least 2 SB's with the same all-pro nominations as Newton.
"Peyton Manning will never win the SuperBowl".

-Jimmy Avant

Magnum Man

Christopher, IL

#8 Nov 23, 2012
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>Media tells you what to think and you jump. Think about it. If we can't find 1 elite QB how in the heck are we going to find 10 elite players at all positions?
1) how did you get that I'm going with the media on this one? I'm looking at both yours and RG3s history.
2) I was attempting to prove that a QB can't win it by himself, but you couldn't figure that one out.
3) You college talent is which QB is hot and the Vikings have no chance of getting him. You have yet to discover a jewel in the raw.
4) At Newtons record this year you think he is going to win the Super Bowl. He'll be lucky if he isn't cleaning Toilet Bowls after this season. Bawahahahahahaha. Oh by the way??? How many Super Bowls did your last QB pick (Tavaris Jackson) win? Is he even playing??

Again Jimmy you have failed! F

“Lying scumbags need not apply”

Since: Jan 08

Yorktown, VA

#9 Nov 24, 2012
Magnum Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so much as fade as be destructed. His running style will eventually get him hurt bad enough that it impacts his career. There is a reason why pocket passers out last running QBs.

Yorktown, VA

#10 Nov 24, 2012
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>We were in a better position than Washington to make the trade. we had more to offer.
RGIII improves a team slightly under a 3rd year head coach. Luck improves a team a lot under a 1st year head coach. Which one did better? Luck was the better pick.
Magnum Man

Christopher, IL

#11 Nov 24, 2012
Stubby wrote:
<quoted text>
RGIII improves a team slightly under a 3rd year head coach. Luck improves a team a lot under a 1st year head coach. Which one did better? Luck was the better pick.
It would have been nice to have been able to draft Luck. Indianapolis couldn't have had a better scenario for QB situations if they tried.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

#12 Nov 24, 2012
Magnum Man wrote:
<quoted text>
1) how did you get that I'm going with the media on this one? I'm looking at both yours and RG3s history.
2) I was attempting to prove that a QB can't win it by himself, but you couldn't figure that one out.
3) You college talent is which QB is hot and the Vikings have no chance of getting him. You have yet to discover a jewel in the raw.
4) At Newtons record this year you think he is going to win the Super Bowl. He'll be lucky if he isn't cleaning Toilet Bowls after this season. Bawahahahahahaha. Oh by the way??? How many Super Bowls did your last QB pick (Tavaris Jackson) win? Is he even playing??
Again Jimmy you have failed! F
]1)Denver Broncos 7-7 last year add Peyton 12 win team. QB WINNING BY HIMSELF.

Magnum Man BY now you should know not to say something I can do a pick 6 on high stepping into the end zone like Deon Sanders then turning and mooning you like Randy Moss.Bawahahahahahaha

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

#13 Nov 24, 2012
Magnum Man wrote:
<quoted text>
It would have been nice to have been able to draft Luck. Indianapolis couldn't have had a better scenario for QB situations if they tried.
Luck was gone. We had a chance for RG3. Are you telling me you don't have second thoughts like Jerry Jones, Rams or any other team who had a chance to draft the 4th rated passer in the NFL and best rookie?

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

#14 Nov 24, 2012
Stubby wrote:
<quoted text>
Not so much as fade as be destructed. His running style will eventually get him hurt bad enough that it impacts his career. There is a reason why pocket passers out last running QBs.
League is changing Stubby. In 10 year 80% of the NFL will have athletic QB's. Most college QB's 2012 are athletic.

Yorktown, VA

#15 Nov 24, 2012
Another dumb Avant post. Grade F Jimmy.
Magnum Man

Christopher, IL

#16 Nov 24, 2012
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>]1)Denver Broncos 7-7 last year add Peyton 12 win team. QB WINNING BY HIMSELF.
Magnum Man BY now you should know not to say something I can do a pick 6 on high stepping into the end zone like Deon Sanders then turning and mooning you like Randy Moss.Bawahahahahahaha
Spoken like a true football idiot. If you remember, Denver made the playoffs last year without Manning. In fact they had Tebow, a QB you said was no good.

You've failed again Jimmy.....F

Yorktown, VA

#17 Nov 24, 2012
Here's what you don't get. 100% of today's QBs are athletic. Did you mean to say in 10 years 80% of QBs will be run oriented QBs with speed? Sounds like the QBs of the 30s and 40s.

10 years from now the next generation of quick release pocket passers like Brady, Manning and Brees will be winning Superbowls and your run oriented 'atheletic QBs' will be watching the SB from home.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

#18 Nov 24, 2012
Stubby wrote:
Here's what you don't get. 100% of today's QBs are athletic. Did you mean to say in 10 years 80% of QBs will be run oriented QBs with speed? Sounds like the QBs of the 30s and 40s.
10 years from now the next generation of quick release pocket passers like Brady, Manning and Brees will be winning Superbowls and your run oriented 'atheletic QBs' will be watching the SB from home.
Athletic QB means one who throws as well as he runs. Manning, Brady are not but your favorite franchise QB christian Ponder is.

Have you seen anything different in Micheal Vick and Christian Ponder athletic QB's? Running is their best attribute passing comes and goes.

Mark Sanchez another Ponder separated at birth. Athletic, passing comes and goes.

Davenport, FL

#19 Nov 24, 2012
Stubby wrote:
Luck has the best chance,he doesn't run.Not sure why your responding to dumb ass and not even a Viking subject.None of his post are.I learned to put him in the troll section and dropped him from the team.

Davenport, FL

#20 Nov 24, 2012
Oh and I have 0 doubt Smith will start for SF if healthy.Doesn't get more laughable that they would switch.Every football fan with average intelligence realizes that,and I could explain why but won't because it's a no brainer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Vikings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ready Or Not, It's Teddy Time In Minnesota 2 hr X Wingfarts 52
End of the NFL Blackout Rule 8 hr Laughing Bear Fan 3
Packers' Next Opponent: Minnesota Vikings 10 hr Bobby Knight 3
Non-Teddy Notes on Falcons Game 13 hr Magnum Man II 23
SIGNED (Shut up avant until you learn something... (Jan '07) Tue Stubby 15
Falcons at Vikings game thread Mon Gonzo 68
Tailgating Minnesota Vikings Fans Sound Off Abo... Sep 29 Max Flatulence 4

Minnesota Vikings People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE