Cassel to start at QB for Vikings

Full story: CBS 47

Matt Cassel will be the starting quarterback for the Minnesota Vikings on Sunday against Pittsburgh as Christian Ponder recovers from a rib injury.
Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Apr 7, 2014

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#1 Sep 27, 2013
7 years in a row Ponder has missed games due to injury.That along says he is not a franchise QB not to mention his inaccuracy.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

#2 Sep 27, 2013
With Freeman out, is Ponder next?

The Hail Mary might be football's most predictable play and also one of its least likely to succeed, but sometimes, it's all a team has left.

Down by four points with four seconds remaining in Week 3, the Minnesota Vikings had no other real option. Christian Ponder, the quarterback Minnesota asked to execute that last-ditch throw, was himself a product of the Vikings' desperation. The team was without a starting quarterback when it made Ponder a surprise selection with the 12th pick in the 2011 NFL draft. The Vikings had to take a quarterback, and Ponder was their guy.

The Sunday Hail Mary play against the Cleveland Browns did not end well for Minnesota. A small detail within that play can help us better understand one of the traits NFL people see holding back Ponder in the bigger picture. With Josh Freeman losing his starting job in Tampa Bay, now is a good time to consider whether that bigger picture in Minnesota includes Ponder at all.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

#3 Sep 27, 2013
Laughing Bear Fan

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Sep 27, 2013
So.... Lets sign Freeman?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#5 Sep 27, 2013
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
LOL that's a real train wreck...

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

#6 Sep 27, 2013
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
http://www.dailynorseman.com/2013/9/26/477527...
Darkness Falls

Houston, TX

#7 Apr 2, 2014
The most important position on the field is quarterback and the Vikings filled the spot with an ex-chief. LMAO!!!!!.....and everybody wonders why the Vikings can't find their ass with both hands.
Spielman

United States

#8 Apr 3, 2014
I had to have Freeman, he reminded me of Michael Jackson.

http://thacover2.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/...

Ponders rib injury was actual from eating a 2 meat combo at Rudolphís. He got a rib stuck in his throat will sucking a bone.
Spielman

United States

#9 Apr 3, 2014
'while'

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#10 Apr 3, 2014
Only the Fake Vikings Fan would want Freeman as a QB. So lets see where his QB roster is at:

Starting QB: Tavaris Jackson
2nd string QB: Duante Culpepper
3rd string QB: Josh Freeman

Here is the QB gurus list of QB greats. and he wonders why we don't like his choices.
Spielman

United States

#11 Apr 3, 2014
Its all my fault. That list reminds me of my Miami QB's I had. Somethings never change with me at GM and never will.

Starting QB: AJ Feeley
2nd string QB: Jay Fiedler
3rd string QB: Sage Rosenfolds

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

#12 Apr 3, 2014
All this says is we have been struggling to find a franchise QB since Culpepper hurt his knee.
Spielman

United States

#13 Apr 3, 2014
I agree, it has nothing to do with my career history of selecting piss poor QB's. I was able to bring in pecker photog Favre only because he wanted to come here to stick it to Ted Thompson. But that was only good for one year.

Location hidden

#14 Apr 3, 2014
Avant wrote:
All this says is we have been struggling to find a franchise QB since Culpepper hurt his knee.
Again the Fake Vikings Fan has shown his memory loss to the forum. You had your franchise QB in Tavaris Jackson. Oh yeah! I remember that one!

Fake Vikings Fan why do you even try to deceive us with your lies. Everybody knows that you don't know football. Especially the QB position.

Now the short-bus is honking its horn for you, time to go to that "special" school you go to. Oh and don't forget your bike helmet.
Spielman

United States

#15 Apr 7, 2014
If he needs a "bike helmet" then I have one he can borrow. But it will have to wait until after this years draft is over, its my lucky charm.

Location hidden

#16 Apr 7, 2014
Obamacare should provide one for him.
Spielman

United States

#17 Apr 7, 2014
No need to waste hours on a broken website trying to register for tard helmet. I can get my spare one back from Ponder.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Vikings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Minnesota Vikings vs. Tennessee Titans: Live Sc... 33 min viking nation 10
Preseason Trends 5 hr Magnum Man II 13
5 Worst Teams In NFL Heading Into 2014 Season Thu Flatulence Fred 21
Minnesota Vikings Final Preseason Game Is For T... Thu Spielman 2
Teddy Bridgewater vs. Matt Cassel, who starts Wed Magnum Man II 28
Tom Powers: Vikings' offense apparently was bet... Aug 27 Training Camp News 6
Minnesota Vikings 2014 Season Preview Aug 27 Spielman 12
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000