Greg Jennings Could Still Return to G...

Greg Jennings Could Still Return to Green Bay Packers

There are 91 comments on the Rant Sports story from Mar 12, 2013, titled Greg Jennings Could Still Return to Green Bay Packers. In it, Rant Sports reports that:

As we near the end of the first day of NFL free agency, the top wide receiver left on the board is Greg Jennings .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rant Sports.

eric

Vesper, WI

#21 Mar 14, 2013
I was listen to the radio and they reported Jackson wanted to play in ATL as well,so GB did the right thing..
Who can blame him,,ATL is a step better then GB right now..
plus..Jackson plays NO,Car and STL ( 3 average or worse run stopping defenses) in GB,you play CHI,Minn and DET ( 3 of the best run stopping defenses or at least 3 of the better)
but now that Urlacher maybe in Minn.I wonder how Chicago will be defensively.Urlacher clearly isnt what he once was,but, as a defensive captain who knows and now Briggs gets the defensive attention and game plans against him instead of Urlacher So we can see whos right about Briggs ME or Packluv haha

Since: Feb 13

Neenah, WI

#22 Mar 14, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
1. I read Jackson was using the Packers to drum up his price to ATL, and the Packers were aware of it.
2. Jennings staying with the Packers talk was probably the same thing to put his price higher for the Vikings.
3. Both of them have the same agent...
Could be. Now that the big names are pretty much spoken for (Jackson, Canty, etc) I can see the Packers making a bit more of a push to keep Jennings. I just saw that the Vikings signed Matt Cassel: interesting move, not sure what they are paying him but it's got to be more than backup money for him to agree that fast. Now the Vikings just have to get someone for whoever ends up at QB for Minnesota to throw to. My money still says it's Jennings, and if that happens then I think Finley is a Packer for one more year. If the Packers resign Jennings, then I think Finley is gone. They aren't going to want to pay both of them.

And... how in the hell does Erik Walden get a $16M contract?
eric

Vesper, WI

#23 Mar 14, 2013
Christmas came early for Erik Walden for sure! He like GB but you have to jump on that and sign it before the ink dried and they proof read it for typos
I can see Jennings signing with Minn,even though he said GB is very important to me and its either Rodgers or Ponder/Castle
Minn. gets Castle,maybe Urlacher,Jennings
Det loses Avril signs Reggie Bush
Chicago gets a LT and a TE
GB nothing yet,although they should have signed Canty.Like I said,Jackson wanted ATL and we drove the price up on them,so cool,Jennings will sign with Minn,cool,we have WR and TT finds WR on a yearly basis and hopefully we drove the price up on them as well.

“Lying scumbags need not apply”

Since: Jan 08

Yorktown, VA

#24 Mar 14, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
The FACT is you have NO FACT that he did say something bad against the Packers. But stated he did based on your opinions. You jumped to a conclusion based on your own ideas. You have nothing that shows Jennings said anything bad. You can have your opinion but don't try and make it FACT. In the future be careful how you state things because you stated Jennings was saying things about the Packers, when you don't know if he did or did not. That is making things up.
Make things up? Like making up a new name to hide the fact he is ezag357? Yep the same ezg who claimed to have been awarded the Medal of Honor. He's a stolen valor lying scumbag. Not worth your time to talk to.

Sign up for a topix profile and drop me a message. I'll let you know where the non-liars and non-trolls went.
Saucecake85

Rochester, MN

#25 Mar 14, 2013
Why is it taking so long. He is still here but no deal, obviously we are offering more than GB or he would have got on a plane and went home. They must have him Handcuffed to a radiator at Winter Park and are not letting him go till he signs. Don't let him Leave Vikings!
eric

Vesper, WI

#26 Mar 14, 2013
Im waiting on news myself.
viking nation

Madera, CA

#27 Mar 14, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
The FACT is you have NO FACT that he did say something bad against the Packers. But stated he did based on your opinions. You jumped to a conclusion based on your own ideas. You have nothing that shows Jennings said anything bad. You can have your opinion but don't try and make it FACT. In the future be careful how you state things because you stated Jennings was saying things about the Packers, when you don't know if he did or did not. That is making things up.
I didnt make up anything on jennings or winfield I posted a word for word what the writer's said.. How many times have you or your buddy stubby voiced your opinion on what you was reading about? Stibby does it all the time He isnt into player stats & when he talks about a player its only his opinion isn't it? everything I said about jennings was something I was reading about I then posted a word for word of what the writer said his self.
GBPmies

Finland

#28 Mar 15, 2013
viking nation wrote:
<quoted text>I didnt make up anything on jennings or winfield I posted a word for word what the writer's said.. How many times have you or your buddy stubby voiced your opinion on what you was reading about? Stibby does it all the time He isnt into player stats & when he talks about a player its only his opinion isn't it? everything I said about jennings was something I was reading about I then posted a word for word of what the writer said his self.
If you want to think 'your opinions' on things Jennings 'might or might not have said' are NOT something you made up then fine.

You will have a hard time convincing anyone you didn't make things up with out providing any quotes or links to exactly what Jennings has said or admitted to saying. So far I have seen neither (those are things you cannot make up).

All you have on Jennings is “your” made up opinions, opinions based on “your” made up assumptions. If you can not understand this simple thing then fine, keep on keep on!
viking nation

Madera, CA

#29 Mar 16, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to think 'your opinions' on things Jennings 'might or might not have said' are NOT something you made up then fine.
You will have a hard time convincing anyone you didn't make things up with out providing any quotes or links to exactly what Jennings has said or admitted to saying. So far I have seen neither (those are things you cannot make up).
All you have on Jennings is “your” made up opinions, opinions based on “your” made up assumptions. If you can not understand this simple thing then fine, keep on keep on!
lol you & Stubby know so little - always trying to knock someone When everyone knows why jennings signed with the Vikings he took 1/2 of million less then the packers offer. The two of you open your big mouths & try to make others think you know what your talking about. Jennings took less then the 10 million a year the packers offered him, 500,000 less. Why do think he did this lol Just maybe what jennings sister was saying about Aaron & the team wasnt her opinion. & just maybe Jennings was telling his family all of what his sister was repeating on line like the writer said that printed the story. isn't this just what Favre did, stick it the packers lol look at how many of the packers players that come to the vikings, Why is it that so many of the packers players want to join the division rival lol The packers have a great organiztion don't they. lol
viking nation

Madera, CA

#30 Mar 16, 2013
You see guys anyone can trash talk, its not funny being on the other side is it? as easy as you started trash talking you can stop it also - think about it. everyone makes their own choices.

“Lying scumbags need not apply”

Since: Jan 08

Yorktown, VA

#31 Mar 16, 2013
Liar alert posts #29 and #30

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#32 Mar 16, 2013
eric wrote:
Im waiting on news myself.
Hi Eric!
Well, Jennings crossed that border. The only way this works out in our favor is if he can now stay healthy and contribute. Jennings felt like the odd man out, and will certainly feel more appreciation here in Minny based on the talent level around him.
How many years he can play at a top level is the question.
TT has been sitting on his hands, not unlike his history in FA. I would be more concerned about the exodus of marque players though, more than usual this year.
TT will likely still make some FA moves, but if not, the draft isn't far away. It still seems to fall squarely on Rodgers shoulders to carry this team.
Packluv1

Lake In The Hills, IL

#33 Mar 16, 2013
40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Eric!
Well, Jennings crossed that border. The only way this works out in our favor is if he can now stay healthy and contribute. Jennings felt like the odd man out, and will certainly feel more appreciation here in Minny based on the talent level around him.
How many years he can play at a top level is the question.
TT has been sitting on his hands, not unlike his history in FA. I would be more concerned about the exodus of marque players though, more than usual this year.
TT will likely still make some FA moves, but if not, the draft isn't far away. It still seems to fall squarely on Rodgers shoulders to carry this team.
I'm surprised gb let Crabtree go, good blocker I heard

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#34 Mar 16, 2013
Packluv1 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm surprised gb let Crabtree go, good blocker I heard
?????Crabtree plays for SF

“Zimmer Turner Overdrive”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

#35 Mar 16, 2013
"Tom Crabtree signed a two-year deal with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. ESPNWisconsin.com 's Jason Wilde first reported the signing. The organization took a calculated risk and did not tender the restricted free agent. Crabtree developed a cult-like following amongst fans and has one of the more entertaining twitter feeds in the league. He posted career-highs in receptions (eight), yards (203) and touchdowns (three) in 2012. Crabtree gives the Bucs a gritty, physical blocker and an underrated pass catcher."
packerbacker-wic hita-ks

Wichita, KS

#36 Mar 16, 2013
40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Eric!
Well, Jennings crossed that border. The only way this works out in our favor is if he can now stay healthy and contribute. Jennings felt like the odd man out, and will certainly feel more appreciation here in Minny based on the talent level around him.
How many years he can play at a top level is the question.
TT has been sitting on his hands, not unlike his history in FA. I would be more concerned about the exodus of marque players though, more than usual this year.
TT will likely still make some FA moves, but if not, the draft isn't far away. It still seems to fall squarely on Rodgers shoulders to carry this team.
Jennings is a very good WR and will be missed by the Packers, The thing I would be concerned about if I were a Vikings fan is how productive he will be now that he is their top receiver. Green Bay had several receivers that took pressure off Jennings. As of now the Vikings don't have that. Let's see how he does when he is the only viable WR on the Vikings.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#37 Mar 16, 2013
Oh, that Crabtree
Looking at his career numbers, no wonder I haven't heard of him.
Packluv1

Lake In The Hills, IL

#38 Mar 16, 2013
packerbacker-wichita-ks wrote:
<quoted text>Jennings is a very good WR and will be missed by the Packers, The thing I would be concerned about if I were a Vikings fan is how productive he will be now that he is their top receiver. Green Bay had several receivers that took pressure off Jennings. As of now the Vikings don't have that. Let's see how he does when he is the only viable WR on the Vikings.
Jennings signed for LESS money then the packers were offering him. Someone wanted out, I new he wanted out when he started talking about the packer fans grabbing his dick when he did the lamebeau leap.
eric

Vesper, WI

#39 Mar 16, 2013
Actually GB offered him 10M last year and he turned it down because he thought he was in for huge bucks,Minnesota outbid GB and put out the welcome wagon for him,they needed him a whole lot more then GB did.
Tom Crabtree only had a hand full of catches during his time here,but, was a very good blocker! Andrew Quarless is expected back,making Crabtree expendable if need be ( which it is as TB sign him).
eric

Vesper, WI

#40 Mar 16, 2013
40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Eric!
Well, Jennings crossed that border. The only way this works out in our favor is if he can now stay healthy and contribute. Jennings felt like the odd man out, and will certainly feel more appreciation here in Minny based on the talent level around him.
How many years he can play at a top level is the question.
TT has been sitting on his hands, not unlike his history in FA. I would be more concerned about the exodus of marque players though, more than usual this year.
TT will likely still make some FA moves, but if not, the draft isn't far away. It still seems to fall squarely on Rodgers shoulders to carry this team.
Hi 40! Hows the family? Yea,Jennings is a fine WR but yea can he stay healthy is the question. GB is 9-1 w/o him over the past 2 seasons.
Jennings had a ton of support in GB,Minnesota hes the main man! In GB he has a certain HOFer in Rodgers ( going into his prime) in Minnesota a young man named Christian Ponder or a vet Matt Cassel ( i could never remember how to spell his name,hopefully i got it)He is a legit deep threat but again,hes been banged up the past 2 seasons,so health remains and i hate turf! so i wonder if that will play any part.I have a feeling Ted brings back Cedric Benson to pair with DuJaun Harris and prob draft a big back at some point. GB really had no choice to let Jennings go ( although they put an effort to resign him).IF Jennings stayed Finley was gone,,Jennings left so Finley stays and thats the worst part of this whole damn thing

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Vikings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I like what I am sniffing, so fart..... Sat Champion pharts 13
Lataviu Murray Sat Done pharts 6
Vikings Mock draft Mar 19 A Phartx 10
I like what I am seeing, so far..... Mar 16 ReadPhartss 38
News WR Adam Thielen seeks 'respect' with new Viking... Mar 9 RespectPhartx 2
Samaje perine Mar 5 Sooner pharts 4
Nick mangold Mar 4 OhPhartsz 6
More from around the web