Misinformed on Bridgewater's deep ball accuracy

Posted in the Minnesota Vikings Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
viking nation

Madera, CA

#1 May 15, 2014
I took this from one of the other Forum ..>>For what it's worth, I recently read an analysis that suggested Bridgewater's drop in accuracy on long throws may be attributable to the progression of his reads. Apparently (according to the article) most offensive systems ask the QB to look for the long ball first, but in Louisville's system, the deep receiver was usually the third read, and QBs are naturally less accurate on their third read than on their first or second. The article also claimed that on those occasions when the deep receiver was Bridgewater's first read, he was just as accurate as he was throwing to any other part of the field. I'm not saying I believe any of this, but...
viking nation

Madera, CA

#2 May 15, 2014
I am a firm believer in letting the player get their experience on the field. This way the player gets acclimated to game speed that you dont get in practice. Time as a player is short, Why waste a year or more sitting on the sidelines Think of the span wasted sitting Aaron for three years Would he had won more then one Super Bowl if they hadnt? After sitting three years Aaron had a 6-10 season Was it worth keeping Favre when they could have been playing Aaron.The same goes for the Vikes & Cassel & Ponder Would it be worth it in the long run to sit Bridgewater for a year or two the time of Cassel's contract.or do you think its wasted time to sit him for a year.

“Zimmer Turner Overdrive”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

#3 May 23, 2014
Green Bay's McCarthy fixed Aaron's mechanics in those three years. Do some research.

“FORUMS LONGEST POSTING MEMBER ”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#4 May 24, 2014
Bridgewater competed over 70 percent of his passes. He will be just fine as an NFL pro

Location hidden

#5 May 24, 2014
Al the trouble Johnny Manziel is having completing passes in Cleveland we should be glad we didn't draft him.
viking nation

Madera, CA

#6 May 24, 2014
Purple Faithful wrote:
Green Bay's McCarthy fixed Aaron's mechanics in those three years. Do some research.
LIke Who doesn't know McCarthy fixed Aaron's mechanics Why did it take three year's ? Rodgers was drafted as the 24th pick of the first round. Almost every QB drafted in the first round starts, Maybe you didn't know that stat. If Rodgers got to start even the next year maybe that superbowl win would have come a year sooner & maybe they could have had Back to Back Super Bowls. I read everything ! don't be knocking my resea rch.

“Reigning Draft and QB Guru.”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#7 May 24, 2014
Avant wrote:
Bridgewater competed over 70 percent of his passes. He will be just fine as an NFL pro
To Who did he complete these passes to?
When did he complete these passes?

I want to see where you got your info from.......or did you just make this stuff up too?
viking nation

Madera, CA

#8 May 24, 2014
Avant wrote:
Yes He looks good Teams will be sorry for passing him up. such a quick release, He spots the open receiver fast

Location hidden

#9 May 24, 2014
Avant wrote:
Al the trouble Johnny Manziel is having completing passes in Cleveland we should be glad we didn't draft him.
Another Fake Vikings Fan lie, but nothing new there.

The bigger question is, "Why are we talking about Manziel"? This is the Minnesota Vikings Topix forum. Not the Cleveland Browns topix forum. Start talking about the Vikings or go else where. Better yet, just go else where.

Manziel isn't a Viking.....In case you haven't figured that out yet.
viking nation

Madera, CA

#10 May 24, 2014
Im talking about the OTAs they had on the may 14 - 17 I think new ones are 27-29 & june2 They said their going to see what he looks like with the first team So what ever Bridgewater has done so far He was impressive.
viking nation

Madera, CA

#11 May 24, 2014
Hay we have cross over Packers fans & Bear fans coming here talking about their team. We have all said one thing or other about this team or that. The thing is This is a FootBall Forum Does it matter who or what team.. I prefer the Vikes but we are running out of subjucts to talk about here lol This is why I say hay does it matter :)

Location hidden

#12 May 24, 2014
Magnum Man II wrote:
<quoted text>
To Who did he complete these passes to?
When did he complete these passes?
I want to see where you got your info from.......or did you just make this stuff up too?
To be exact Bridgewater competed 71 percent of his passes..

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/t...

Location hidden

#13 May 24, 2014

Location hidden

#14 May 24, 2014
viking nation wrote:
Im talking about the OTAs they had on the may 14 - 17 I think new ones are 27-29 & june2 They said their going to see what he looks like with the first team So what ever Bridgewater has done so far He was impressive.
MM doesn't believe in Bridgewater even tho he says he is a Vikings fan.

Bridgewater is who we thought he would be. A FRANSHISE qb
viking nation

Madera, CA

#15 May 24, 2014
I myself was a little surprised the Brown's drafted Manziel. I think Hoyer is a good QB & yes maybe better then Manziel. The Browns was winning with Hoyer then he hurt his knee & had to sit out the year. Maybe their thinking is they need a solid backup if that was to happen again.
viking nation

Madera, CA

#16 May 24, 2014
Avant wrote:
<quoted text> MM doesn't believe in Bridgewater even tho he says he is a Vikings fan.
Yes a few here thinks he is no better then Ponder Here is one thing that Ponder couldn't do to save his starting job & that's reading a blitz This is what Bridgewater does better then any QB in this draft & one of many reasons I had him on my mock draft.
viking nation

Madera, CA

#17 May 24, 2014
One weakness is Bridgewater’s desire to make plays on the move occasionally results in needless sacks, Kind of like what happen's to Aaron Rodgers. a lot of the 51 sacks on Rodgers was because of him trying to make a play out of nothing.

Location hidden

#18 May 24, 2014
Avant wrote:
<quoted text> MM doesn't believe in Bridgewater even tho he says he is a Vikings fan.
Bridgewater I have no problem with. It's your lies that I'm concerned about.

I want to check out your sources that you've come up short on in the past.

Location hidden

#19 May 25, 2014
Magnum Man II wrote:
<quoted text>Bridgewater I have no problem with. It's your lies that I'm concerned about.
I want to check out your sources that you've come up short on in the past.
Name 1 lie!!

Location hidden

#20 May 25, 2014
how about 3:
Duante Culpepper
Tavaris Jackson
Josh Freeman

all of which you said would take the Vikings to the Super Bowl. Not one is even wearing a Vikings Jersey now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Vikings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cam Newton Mon SFB pharts 38
lost the battle, may have won the war Mon SFB pharts 2
News How Does The Wentz Injury Affect The Vikings Ge... Dec 11 Fart Raider Pie 3
News The quarterback position could get expensive fo... Dec 11 RaiderFartvision 2
News NFL on TV today: What time, channel is Minnesot... Dec 11 RaiderFartvision 2
Adrian Peterson Dec 9 SFB Phart 70
News Brett Favre: Eli Manning 'can be great somewher... Dec 9 SFB Phart 6
More from around the web