Vikings' midseason grades: So Favre, so good

Full story: TwinCities.com

The Vikings are off to their best start since the 2000 season, when they reached the NFC championship game.
Comments
1 - 20 of 42 Comments Last updated Nov 10, 2009
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
SW fan

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2009

I beleive he screwed up a couple of times the OL C+, LB B, DB C, ST B.
Huge Jazz

Chicoutimi, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Judged:

I think it's amazing that Peterson is just shy of his total yards from last year at this time taking into consideration the O lines blocking. The inexperience of Sullivan (first year starter) and Loadholt (rookie) is showing and with Hutch battling a bad back it's even more amazing they've done this well.

I'm not worried about the O line at all. It's the D backs. The Vikes need Winfield's ability and leadership back in there to steady this group. The bye came right at the right time.

“err-human favregive-divine”

Since: Sep 09

erie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Huge Jazz wrote:
I think it's amazing that Peterson is just shy of his total yards from last year at this time taking into consideration the O lines blocking. The inexperience of Sullivan (first year starter) and Loadholt (rookie) is showing and with Hutch battling a bad back it's even more amazing they've done this well.
I'm not worried about the O line at all. It's the D backs. The Vikes need Winfield's ability and leadership back in there to steady this group. The bye came right at the right time.
Yeah the bye did come in perfectly, right after 3 tuff games and then we have 3 home ez ones. I think Williams is gonna step it up in the second half Jazz, I do, he has a big contract and is due to produce, we need more picks but overall pleased, especially going 2-1 the last 3 with a heartbreaker in Pitt., but we got the loss out of the way so noone is hanging that undefeated tag over us the rest of the way. Feel bad for Taylor, numbers are down, not used as much cuz of Harvin but oh well it is a businees and Percy has been a unbelievable surprise talent, I thought if we gat just some production from the rookie it would be a plus but going from bottom to top on special teams-wow.

erie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

business-got, it's early, still asleep, workin OT this am, lol.
Safety Play

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Judged:

Your grades are spot on, with the exception of the Secondary. No way they grade out a C. I give the cornerbacks a C. The Vikings have received average play from them, but I give the safeties an F. I constantly see them coming into view of the camera after a play is over. We have no play makers at safety. They are always late to the ball. We actually miss Darren Sharper big time. Overall grade D.

erie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

That's because they are playin so deep to prevent the big play which we still seem to give up late in games lol.
JimBo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

I'm hoping for a bay upset today in the bay vs bay game at noon.

erie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

JimBo wrote:
I'm hoping for a bay upset today in the bay vs bay game at noon.
YEAH, THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!!!!! TAMPA is due for a win.
WiseGuy

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Judged:

Oh my, is the honeymoon over?
I can't imagine why the PeePress waited so long to ask this question. Obama wasn't in office a whole week before all we heard was, Is the honeymoon over? Is the honeymoon over? Is the honeymoon over?

erie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Judged:

Atlanta over Chicago is also a real possibility, can you say clinch division by week 13?

erie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Arizona I mean.
heavy haul trucker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Judged:

What a joke! You dumb Queens are celebrating a LOSS!! When the Queens lose, which ALWAYS happens at the end, you are full of excuses!! Enjoy your midseason superbowl rings!! haha
Chuck Norris

Maple Grove, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Too bad we can't step on the necks of our opponents quite yet. Still waiting for a complete game. It starts with coaching...
JimBo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

heavy haul trucker wrote:
What a joke! You dumb Queens are celebrating a LOSS!! When the Queens lose, which ALWAYS happens at the end, you are full of excuses!! Enjoy your midseason superbowl rings!! haha
Keep on truckin....Cheesehead. 4-3... tell Rogers to stop holding the football...31 sacks!!!

Since: Jan 09

Osceola, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, the coaches' grade is a little inflated. Sometimes the play calling drives me nuts...maybe A-/B+

“Smack the Pack”

Oslo,Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Coaching an "A"? No way. "B". Jeez, these bye weeks are boring. Somewhere right now, is a Ferret on the edge of it's seat...

“Wher's dem turkey necks?”

Since: Dec 08

Palm Desert, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Tampa Bay 38, Green Bush 28. Looks like it's going to be a long, long, long cold boring winter in that Wisconsin town.
How about that? An 0-7 team that some claimed couldn't even beat a USFL team clocks the Puckers!!!

Wonder what their grade point average is?

“Wher's dem turkey necks?”

Since: Dec 08

Palm Desert, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

erie-pa fan wrote:
Arizona I mean.
Your wishes came true today. Better go buy a Powerball ticket.

“Smack the Pack”

Oslo,Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

Judged:

Hey Gay Bay, how do you like LOSING TO TAMPAX BAY?
JimBo

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2009

My day couldn't be any better.

Since the Vikes didn't play and the Packers lost again to go to 4-4... it's banner day...yaaay!

Rogers has been sacked 37 times now with 6 today..WOW... AND 3 INT's To go with it today.

PUT A FORK IN THEM!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Minnesota Vikings Forum right now

Search the Minnesota Vikings Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
There Might Be A Big Problem With Minnesota Vik... 22 hr Laughing Bear Fan 1
Minnesota Vikings News and Links, 7/24 22 hr Laughing Bear Fan 1
NFL Roundtable: Teddy Bridgewater vs. Johnny Ma... Thu Spielman 9
Fact or Fiction on Latest NFL Offseason Rumors ... Thu Spielman 4
Vikings suspend Priefer for 3 games following K... Wed Baby Momas 8
44 Days to Football: The Value of Being a Packe... Wed Say Cheese 2
Favre not worried about boos at Lambeau Wed Dementia King Favre 4
•••
•••