Fran Tarkenton on Vikings: 'It is up to you, Christian Ponder'

Full story: TwinCities

Minnesota Vikings quarterback Christian Ponder looks toward the sidelines during a timeout in the third quarter at Ford Field in Detroit, Sunday, September 8, 2013.
Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Sep 12, 2013

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Childress doesn't think it's true but Fran Tarkenton says it's all up to the QB position to carry the team where they want to go. viking nation you said Tarkenton was in Ponder's side?

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Football teams go as far as QB's carry them. Some of you don't want to hear it I know what the vikings need to bring us our first SB.
viking nation

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2013

Avant wrote:
Football teams go as far as QB's carry them. Some of you don't want to hear it I know what the vikings need to bring us our first SB.
Tarkenton is on Ponder's side I posted what he had to say about Ponder. Like with any team in the NFL everything goes through thr quarterback . We all seen teams fall apart because of the QBs play.. Look At the Seahawks before they got Wilson. Look at the 49ers with Smith a good team but not the playoff team that they are with Kaepernick. What would the Packers be without Aaron Rodgers? I agree with you Avant A big part of the teams successhas got to do with how good the QB plays. But it doesnt matter how good the teams QB is if the front line falls apart like the Vikings now. It all starts up front on that offensive line. Be it the run game or passing game The team is nothing with out them.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

viking nation wrote:
<quoted text>Tarkenton is on Ponder's side I posted what he had to say about Ponder. Like with any team in the NFL everything goes through thr quarterback . We all seen teams fall apart because of the QBs play.. Look At the Seahawks before they got Wilson. Look at the 49ers with Smith a good team but not the playoff team that they are with Kaepernick. What would the Packers be without Aaron Rodgers? I agree with you Avant A big part of the teams successhas got to do with how good the QB plays. But it doesnt matter how good the teams QB is if the front line falls apart like the Vikings now. It all starts up front on that offensive line. Be it the run game or passing game The team is nothing with out them.
Nothing wrong with a OL that help Peterson get 2000 yards. You seem to down play that in favor of giving Ponder an excuse. Why are you stuck of a QB every expert and Stevie Wonder know does not have it?
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

So when he was getting sacked last week did any announcer say:
The O-Line is throwing Christian to the Lions

Since: Feb 13

Appleton, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
Hats off, LBF. That was the funniest thing I've read here in a long time. You're not such a bad guy for a Bears fan.

“Expect No Mercy”

Since: Jun 09

Milton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
Now why can't all you're posts be that funny?

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

ProCynic wrote:
<quoted text>Now why can't all you're posts be that funny?
Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn in the forest once in awhile Cynic..........he's bound to get lucky once in awhile..........he's still a giggling princess in my book..........
marcmarc

Lebanon, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

even with ponder we scored 24 points.no defense allowed detroit to score their points.that simple!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Minnesota Vikings Forum right now

Search the Minnesota Vikings Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
There Might Be A Big Problem With Minnesota Vik... Jul 24 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Minnesota Vikings News and Links, 7/24 Jul 24 Laughing Bear Fan 1
NFL Roundtable: Teddy Bridgewater vs. Johnny Ma... Jul 24 Spielman 9
Fact or Fiction on Latest NFL Offseason Rumors ... Jul 24 Spielman 4
Vikings suspend Priefer for 3 games following K... Jul 23 Baby Momas 8
44 Days to Football: The Value of Being a Packe... Jul 23 Say Cheese 2
Favre not worried about boos at Lambeau Jul 23 Dementia King Favre 4
•••
•••