B.J. Raji rejected an $8 million deal...

B.J. Raji rejected an $8 million deal from Green Bay Packers

There are 38 comments on the NFLSpinZone story from Nov 17, 2013, titled B.J. Raji rejected an $8 million deal from Green Bay Packers. In it, NFLSpinZone reports that:

Green Bay Packers defensive tackle B.J. Raji against the Minnesota Vikings at the Metrodome.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NFLSpinZone.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
eric

Verona, WI

#1 Nov 17, 2013
Rejected 8M per year? That is a very gutsy move on Raji's part.He was tremendous in 2010 but has not played up to that level since.Raji fits real well in the 3-4 but how many teams run the 3-4? IMHO, Ted was being generous.Im not sure if Mike Daniels would replace him as hes 300 lbs or so and not that huge body in the middle but 8M is very generous ( to be nice)Who knows if Jerel Worthy can pack on a few lbs and play in the middle,so, maybe its a he fits type thing but ( and we know Raji isnt going to put up numbers,thats not what a NT in the 3-4 does) he hasnt played to the level of 10. Maybe he hits the market after the season and finds out he over valued himself,but, it only takes 1 team and Raji must fiqure that the 1 will take him.
GBPmies

Finland

#2 Nov 17, 2013
BJ has had a good year but really is not playing many snaps per game. If he thinks he can get more than great for him. The Pack will need to rebuild the inside of the line next year anyway. Jolly and Pickett are older and FAs too. If I were GB i wouldn't have even offered him 8 mil yet.
eric

Verona, WI

#3 Nov 17, 2013
Thats what i meant by Ted was being generous..Raji has not played nearly as well since the 10 season and with all teams up against the cap for the most part ( cap wont go up again after this season either), there wont be much money really to go around and how many teams run the 3-4? Pittsburgh would be a good spot for Raji,they could use him big time..
GBPmies

Finland

#4 Nov 17, 2013
I could see 4-3 teams go after him too. He plays a lot of NT and DE in the 3-4. Either way 8 mil seems more than enough for him.
DEWY

Marshfield, WI

#5 Nov 18, 2013
IMO let him walk. And take Picket wth him. For the $ they think they are worth compaired to how they are playing. You can plug in a lot cheaper guy and get the same. Need to up grade these guys are not it.
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#6 Nov 18, 2013
Let him walk? Get serious. The D would completely implode without him
eric

Verona, WI

#7 Nov 18, 2013
I read there are 16 FA after this year,so, the cash has to come from somewhere.
There are a few givings here.Finley ( i seriously doubt) will be back and thats 9M or so.
John Kuhn and theres 2-3..
Both of them cover AR and CM nearly 11M increase and a bit more AND the Packers are 8-10M under already,so that said,after Finley and Kuhn,there are still 14 FA
including Sam Shields,BJ Raji,James Jones,Mike Neal,James Starks,,Even D-S,Andrew Quarrless,Ryan Pickett ( i believe is a FA as well) im sure Matt Flynn is included in that list, so thats 11 or so ,so Obviously,im missing a few here but the point is,you cant sign everyone and as far as Raji,,he was probowl material in 2010 and hasnt played Nearly to that level since BUT,he fits in real well in the system SO, he may just check out whats out there and take less to stay,he may split but Mike Daniels who isnt as big or strong but is faster,quicker and can make plays is still there and producing.
Id almost like to resign Pickett for a few bucks and to be a backup to Daniels and a spot here and there.
Johnny Jolly is another one.
good for him

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Nov 18, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
BJ has had a good year but really is not playing many snaps per game. If he thinks he can get more than great for him. The Pack will need to rebuild the inside of the line next year anyway. Jolly and Pickett are older and FAs too. If I were GB i wouldn't have even offered him 8 mil yet.
just an additional player that wants out of this organization.

please play rogers against the Vikings, this will be the opportunity to TEST the left arm and a prime target when he gets out of the pocket. All the teams will be gunning for the left arm. the weakness is exposed.
GBPmies

Finland

#9 Nov 18, 2013
good for him wrote:
<quoted text>
just an additional player that wants out of this organization.
please play rogers against the Vikings, this will be the opportunity to TEST the left arm and a prime target when he gets out of the pocket. All the teams will be gunning for the left arm. the weakness is exposed.
Maybe he should go to the vikes, they tend to way over pay thier players and things worked out just swell for Jennings.

You are right about teams going after that shoulder, but since the vikes have the WORST defense in NFL and have one of the worst sack ratios (sacks/att) the vikes might be a good team to try it out. That being said... I think they wait for Thanksgiving - 1. They don't need Rodgers to beat the queens 2. They play Sun and Thurs, probably best to wait instead of rushing back on a quick turn around week.
eric

Verona, WI

#10 Nov 18, 2013
When the beat Minn, Rodgers may get a rest for Det and at 6-6 going into the home stretch ( assuming they cant beat Det on Thanksgiving with Tolzien or Flynn) ATL,,At Dallas,Pitts and At Chicago. THey will have to win the last 4 to finish 10-6 and it may or may not be enough but 10 wins is a nice season,again, only time will tell if 10 is enough.

Since: Dec 13

Denver, CO

#11 Dec 17, 2013
Maybe he should go to the vikes, they tend to way over pay thier players and things worked out just swell for Jennings.

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Dec 18, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
he will look great in a BEARS uniform next yr.!!

no one stays @ the slack factory
GBPmies

Espoo, Finland

#13 Dec 18, 2013
Da Bears win NFC wrote:
<quoted text>
he will look great in a BEARS uniform next yr.!!
no one stays @ the slack factory
Thanks for the insight Corky! You are SUPER smart!
For that price the bears can have him, they can over pay him and Peppers for the most over paid dline in NFL history! They have been over paying with Peppers for the last years so why not add another. DUUUUURRRRRR!
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#14 Dec 18, 2013
Raji is worth two Finleys AT LEAST! So 8 million would be a steal for the Packers.
the tie game will cost GB

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Dec 18, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right about teams going after that shoulder, but since the vikes have the WORST defense in NFL and have one of the worst sack ratios (sacks/att) the vikes might be a good team to try it out. That being said... I think they wait for Thanksgiving - 1. They don't need Rodgers to beat the queens 2. They play Sun and Thurs, probably best to wait instead of rushing back on a quick turn around week.
amazing listening to these girls on this thread, you tied mn.
GBPmies

Finland

#16 Dec 18, 2013
the tie game will cost GB wrote:
<quoted text>
amazing listening to these girls on this thread, you tied mn.
Amazingly CHI lost to MN...... DUUUUURRRRRRR!!!!!!
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#17 Dec 18, 2013
GBPfan wrote:
Raji is worth two Finleys AT LEAST! So 8 million would be a steal for the Packers.
Gay Rog has destroyed this team financially because every crappy payer they have thinks they too should get a payday
GBPmies

Finland

#18 Dec 18, 2013
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Gay Rog has destroyed this team financially because every crappy payer they have thinks they too should get a payday
They should go to the bears then and get paid that "Peppers money". You know the kind where you get paid an ass load (9th highest cap hit in the NFL) for ding jack squat.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#19 Dec 18, 2013
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Gay Rog has destroyed this team financially because every crappy payer they have thinks they too should get a payday
Should only one player get paid? With the money Chicago is wasting on Peppers and will soon be wasting on Cutler, you should be the last person to talk! You can stop with the nonsense about Rodgers. Everybody knows he is well worth what he gets paid. This year proved the Packers are underpaying their QB and that Chicago is overpaying theirs!
GBPmies

Helsinki, Finland

#20 Dec 18, 2013
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Should only one player get paid? With the money Chicago is wasting on Peppers and will soon be wasting on Cutler, you should be the last person to talk! You can stop with the nonsense about Rodgers. Everybody knows he is well worth what he gets paid. This year proved the Packers are underpaying their QB and that Chicago is overpaying theirs!
LBF will never get into a ‘football money’ conversation. He runs from them and not once has he ever been able to discuss Rodgers contact and how it affects the Packers financially compared to what he brings (or what Peppers is paid and what he doesn’t bring). He can only jump in with some halved assed ‘one liner’ about Rodgers and then hides. Not many people here can have a discussion about the money side of football. He cannot, will not and most def should not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Vikings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cam Newton 7 hr Janitorial Doodies 35
Adrian Peterson Sat SFB Phart 70
News Brett Favre: Eli Manning 'can be great somewher... Sat SFB Phart 6
The real reason they fired McAdoo Dec 7 SFB phart 6
News NFL Overreactions: Vikings will play Super Bowl... Dec 5 Fartland Raiders 4
News Keidel: Case Keenum Leading Vikings To Top Seed... Dec 5 Juicy Fart Raiders 2
News Keenum named NFC Offensive Player of Month for ... Dec 4 Raider Fart 10
More from around the web