First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Dec 06

Davenport, FL

#1 Jul 1, 2013
NFL Today show.
Loves the skill set,loves the Qb. in general.Like others,he would like to see Ponder do more this year and believes we now have the skill players for Ponder.
He wanted Ponder higher up the Qb list but wants to see it.
But he did say he "loves Ponders skill set".

“FORUMS LONGEST POSTING MEMBER ”

Location hidden

#2 Jul 1, 2013
Hope Jaws is right Ponder shows good skill set. His scouting report out of college was good skill set injury prone and inconsistent.

In a interview after Peterson won best player in the NFL he was gushing over Matt Cassel which threw me for a loop, why throw Ponder under the bus?

Vikings have the personnel to play with any team. It's all up to Christian Ponder.

Location hidden

#3 Jul 1, 2013
Only 28 competitions of over 10 yards. Jaws said he was troubled by that I was horrified. Because the Vikings are so good at every other position NO QB in football has more pressure than our franchise QB.
viking nation

Madera, CA

#4 Jul 1, 2013
A lot of the poor passing stats on Ponder is the receivers blame In the one Bears game Simpson had dropped six of Ponders passes over the course of that game. Here is what Fraizer was saying after the one game...http://profootballtalk. nbcsports.com/2012/11/27/lesli e-frazier-vikings-drops-really -unacceptable/
viking nation

Madera, CA

#5 Jul 1, 2013
viking nation

Madera, CA

#6 Jul 1, 2013
This is what was being saidlast season on the Vikes passing game ....Last season the Vikings got 163 first downs from their passing game, tied for the sixth-fewest in the league, and ranked last in average air yards per thrown (6.43). That speaks in part to quarterback Ponder but also to their limited downfield threats. At a time when the Vikings want to enhance Ponder's options, they have -- for a moment at least -- not a single established NFL receiver on their roster.

Davenport, FL

#7 Jul 2, 2013
Post 3 was 20 yds.Obvious in here and live air,Jimmy can't comprehend.Plus,he's on record for saying we had the receivers.nobody else made that claim.The year before,OL can be found anywhere but that wasn't the problem either.
A riches of embarrassments.

Location hidden

#8 Jul 2, 2013
Ponder had better receivers last year than Tom Brady had every year he won the superbowl. I'm now a Brady fan Cassel was just as good in the Belichick system Why I'm saying is STOP looking for excuses at this point in TJ's career I kicked him to the curved because like POnder he was injury prone and not accurate. Since 2006 nobody on Topix Minnesota Vikings has been a better QB prognosticator than your truly.

vikings nation excuses won't win us a championship. I have been a vikings fan longer than years I have left to live. My NFL biological clock is ticking. Ponder will be aborted if his song remains the same. You and Childress are Ponder's problem. I'm looking for greatness and a super bowl from a vikings QB in the next 10 years seems you guy aren't.

Location hidden

#9 Jul 2, 2013
viking nation wrote:
A lot of the poor passing stats on Ponder is the receivers blame In the one Bears game Simpson had dropped six of Ponders passes over the course of that game. Here is what Fraizer was saying after the one game...http://profootballtalk. nbcsports.com/2012/11/27/lesli e-frazier-vikings-drops-really -unacceptable/
Frazier and Spielman also said Ponder has as much to do with our playoff run last year as our MVP soon to be the best to play the game. NFL Network, ESPN and every other sports network laugh at that notion.

What Frazier/Spielman were doing with Ponder is what Lindsay Lohan and her people do with her. No Matter how she misses a gig or fumbles away an opportunity they tell her she is great.

2013 we have a great receiving core. You can't use that as a excuse anymore like Childress does even tho last year he was searching for Ponder replacement as fickle as he is. It's do or die time. Ponder is in the same boat as Mark butt fumble Sanchez is in. No more chances.
Laughing Bear Fan

Longmont, CO

#10 Jul 2, 2013
Jaws on Ponder? I knew he had the hots for him

Location hidden

#11 Jul 2, 2013

Davenport, FL

#12 Jul 2, 2013
Avant wanted T.Jackson,even after he wasn't signed.Claimed he was best available.It's archived,always was and still is
a liar.
Saying we had receivers,saying the OL was fine,I say Avant is a waste of forum space.All agree.His Qb's ae Culpepper and Jackson,his most laughable predictions.And in reality,
everything out of his mouth.Post 3 was wrong,bad information.That's your biggest forum loser for you.Jst like everything he says.

Location hidden

#13 Jul 2, 2013
I wasn't dubbed Topix QB guru for nothing. Cam Newton RG3, Andy Dalton I won't mention Luck, everybody knew he would be good. Childress wanted Christian Ponder at 7 I want Colin Kaepernick and the rest is history. The guru did it again.
GBPmies

Finland

#14 Jul 2, 2013
With AD bring 8 or 9 in the box this waht he can do?

"Ponder last season was the only quarterback without a touchdown pass of 21-plus yards (minimum 10 throws), per NFL research. Over two seasons, he's 11 for 70 (15.7 percent) on attempts of 21-plus yards through the air. That's netted 436 yards, one touchdown, five interceptions and a 28.0 passer rating. Last season alone, Ponder was 5 of 34 on those longer throws, for a completion percentage of 14.7.

It gets worse: ProFootballFocus ranked Ponder last in accuracy among 33 NFL quarterbacks on passes of 20-plus yards. His receivers were a ragtag group after Percy Harvin was injured in early November, but Ponder's slew of incompletions included just one drop, per the website."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000021459...

A game manger is someone you do NOT want to try and make a play, it is someone you want to NOT F everything up and let the pros handle it.

Davenport, FL

#15 Jul 2, 2013
Post 13??????Not a Viking in the bunch,who cares.Culpepper and Jackson are who you spoke highly of.Plus not one of the mentioned Qb's can be attributed to you.EVERYBODY had them.
LIAR again and again.

Location hidden

#16 Jul 2, 2013
If not for the knee injury Daunte Culpepper would be finishing up a hall of fame career. Culpepper was spectacular. Childress is the only Vikings fan who doesn't understand the QB position enough to know how great Moss, Carter, Smith with Culpepper leading the way. They were as explosive as any offense in NFL history.

Location hidden

#17 Jul 2, 2013
I don't know if there is a 10 most explosive offense in NFL history but is there anybody who would say the 98 Vikings were one of the top 3 offenses in History?
viking nation

Madera, CA

#18 Jul 2, 2013
Avant You keep talking about Newton like he is this great QB & he hasn't been.( Yards don't equil a good QB.) Cam has played in more games then Ponder but has won less games. Cam is always making a dumb throw that cost team. look at the blind throw in the Dallas game to the end zone it was right to Morris Claiborne for a INT. & if you look at Newton's first year to Newton's sophomore year he regressed & Ponder's sophomore year he was better then his first. also Newton acts like a child throwing teammates and coaches under the bus when talking to the reporters after a loss. Ponder has never talked about his teammates even when Harvin talked about him. The bottom line is Ponder has won even if it wasn't as flashy as you might like seeing. Remember all the same draft experts didn't even have Tom Brady on their board. I wouldn't take all they have to say to heart.

Davenport, FL

#19 Jul 3, 2013
They should have left Culpepper on the bench in the 2000 NFC Championship game,he
SUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKED that much.Played in Jan.2001 for stupid.
Plus somebody tell the mis-information,liar of a Viking fan that in 98 it wasn't Culpepper.HAHAHA damn this guy sucks.Viking fan my ass.
Try Cunningham.Who had a MVP season,that he was screwed out of.

Davenport, FL

#20 Jul 3, 2013
Avant doesn't understand anything,including himself.Dope.
A riches of embarrassments.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Vikings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bostick 4 hr Spielman 19
Stefon Diggs 5 hr Spielman 6
2015 NFL Draft Results: Grades for Rounds 1-3 a... 5 hr Spielman 26
PETITION to get La'el Collins to MN 5 hr Spielman 18
News Adrian Peterson: Playing in Dallas 'would be nice' 7 hr Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Vikings pick up 2016 options on Matt Kalil, Har... 13 hr Falsified IPs 8
News Minnesota Vikings Improve Defense with Trae Waynes Mon Spielman 18
More from around the web