Jennings says 'respect' part of ranki...

Jennings says 'respect' part of ranking Favre ahead of Rodgers

There are 53 comments on the WTMJ-AM Milwaukee story from Jul 16, 2013, titled Jennings says 'respect' part of ranking Favre ahead of Rodgers. In it, WTMJ-AM Milwaukee reports that:

Green Bay Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings is shown during the fourth quarter of their game Sunday, September 9, 2012 at Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Wis.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTMJ-AM Milwaukee.

normallylikeyell ow

Altoona, PA

#22 Jul 18, 2013
I look at this the way I look at the "top 100" players. It's great bar talk, but being #1 didn't win Rodgers or AP a championship, did it? In the end, these guys will be looked at as in two different NFL eras. Favre was the best player in the league back in the late 90s, early 00s. Could have conceivably won 4-5 MVPs (he was runner-up 2-3 times). Aaron is the best QB right now. Time will tell...
Laughing Bear Fan

Longmont, CO

#23 Jul 18, 2013
Favre is the all-time interception leader in the NFL...Case closed
timo

Finland

#24 Jul 18, 2013
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>Vikings have a better team than the Packers, QB is the only position they have us at. If we get a consistent full year out of Ponder with the high school defense you have we should win the division by 2 games. I wouldn't be surprised if the vikings win 5 games within the division this year It's our year.
Ooooo... High School defense! That must make the Vikes defense JV! LMAO!

How was the vikings defense better than the Packer last year?

Did the vikings give up less yards? No.
Did they give up less points? No.
Did they create more turnovers? NO.
Did they have more sacks? No.
timo

Finland

#25 Jul 18, 2013
viking nation wrote:
Here are some stats on Jennings You can't tell me jennings isn't going to be missed by the packers This is a big hole he leaves to fill - 2012 jennings was limited playing time due to injuries and eventually hernia surgery, he hauled in 36 receptions, with 22 resulting in a first down (61.1 percent). During his career, Jennings has a drop rate of 3.68 percent, calculated by the number of drops against total targets. To put that into perspective, here's a comparison among the three top receivers from last year over their career:
Calvin Johnson (45/882, 5.10 percent), Brandon Marshall (62/1021, 6.07 percent) and Wes Welker (48/1079, 4.45 percent).
And if you're wondering how that compares to Mike Wallace, the receiver the Vikings reportedly offered more money to than the Miami Dolphins in free agency, he also comes up short (19/403, 4.71 percent).
Sure Jennings will be missed in the fact he is another weapon for Rodgers… and the more the better, however he doesn’t leave a huge hole. Jones and Nelson are better on the outside than he is. Cobb is a better slot WR and a more versatile weapon than Jennings will ever be. Truth is his targets and opportunities would be reduced because of Cobbs emergence as a star! I still like Greg don’t get me wrong I would not mind him staying with the Pack… he is a talented WR and a good guy. I just don’t think there is a huge hole now he is gone. Just like there was no huge hole when he was out for 8 games last year. He is a good boost for the vikes who have jack sh** for WRs since Harvin left. But the Pack have plenty of WRs. Go listen to Greg talk about them in the interview jackass…. LMAO
timo

Finland

#26 Jul 18, 2013
viking nation wrote:
Christian Ponder can hand the ball off to Adrian Peterson knowing he still has a legitimate weapon in the passing game on any down of a drive. Jennings rarely drops the ball. In 2012, he only recorded one drop among his 36 receptions.
As long as Jennings does NOT run more than 10yrds from the LOS he has a shot at Ponder getting him the ball! Good luck with that Greg.

Hey ezg give us some stats on Ponder and yrds/att and his comp % for passes over 21yrds. LOL!

“FORUMS LONGEST POSTING MEMBER ”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#27 Jul 18, 2013
timo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooooo... High School defense! That must make the Vikes defense JV! LMAO!
How was the vikings defense better than the Packer last year?
Did the vikings give up less yards? No.
Did they give up less points? No.
Did they create more turnovers? NO.
Did they have more sacks? No.
Last year we drafted Kalil, Smith, Robinson, Wright among others 2013 Floyd Rhodes Paterson, This division is ours for the foreseeable future other than Rodgers Packers have a injury prone steroid laced linebacker who at most plays 8 games this year. We have seen the best of Clay Mathews.

The purple people eaters are back.
viking nation

Madera, CA

#28 Jul 18, 2013
The Vikes run a west coast offense & short thorws is what Ponder does best. He cut up the packers in that game with short throws. The packers was lucky Webb was playing in that playoff game & not Ponder . Think of this packers fans Ponder the so called worst QB made the packers defense look bad with receivers & a team that was thirty first in passing lol - Jennings was the Packers first down guy, If they needed at first down he was Aaron's first look. Out of 36 receptions 22 of them was first downs them stats tell you lot. You will never get a packer fan to admit Jenning's will be missed, I bet they will say the same about Woodson .( Look at Jones and Nelson's drop passes to jennings.) I think Cobb is the packers best receiver & so does Aaron from the percentage of times he got the ball.
Packer Backer WichitaKs

Wichita, KS

#29 Jul 19, 2013
viking nation wrote:
The Vikes run a west coast offense & short thorws is what Ponder does best. He cut up the packers in that game with short throws. The packers was lucky Webb was playing in that playoff game & not Ponder . Think of this packers fans Ponder the so called worst QB made the packers defense look bad with receivers & a team that was thirty first in passing lol - Jennings was the Packers first down guy, If they needed at first down he was Aaron's first look. Out of 36 receptions 22 of them was first downs them stats tell you lot. You will never get a packer fan to admit Jenning's will be missed, I bet they will say the same about Woodson .( Look at Jones and Nelson's drop passes to jennings.) I think Cobb is the packers best receiver & so does Aaron from the percentage of times he got the ball.
Let's not over-estimate the value of Greg Jennings here. The last 2 seasons his production dropped off and he was injury-prone. Other receivers on the Packers improved over the last few seasons hence making them more valuable to Rodgers. It would have been nice to have had Jennings stay in Green Bay. Let's see how he does with a mediocre QB compared to playing with one of the top 3 in the NFL. Also Ezg, let's see if Jennings can stay on the field and how he deals with being the "go to guy". Having defenses focusing on AP will certainly help the receivers for the Vikings. You had just better hope they don't get in a situation where Ponder has to win you the game. He's just not there yet.
eric

Monroe, WI

#30 Jul 19, 2013
When GB was go in for 6,it was James Jones who was AR target ( led the NFL in TD last year).
Cobb is the main man,Nelson is a terrific 3rd or 4th( as long as his hammy is ready) and Boykins has shown enough for the coaches and fans that he will be a nice piece of the puzzle.Charles Johnson looks alot like a Boykins type WR coming out of college ( although hes in the Patterson of Minn from UT situation,,needs a year to develop).
GBPmies

Finland

#31 Jul 19, 2013
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>Last year we drafted Kalil, Smith, Robinson, Wright among others 2013 Floyd Rhodes Paterson, This division is ours for the foreseeable future other than Rodgers Packers have a injury prone steroid laced linebacker who at most plays 8 games this year. We have seen the best of Clay Mathews.
The purple people eaters are back.
The purple pecker eaters were a bunch of choke artists that could NEVER win the big game. Nothing but wasted talent.

I am happy you smoke crack and think the vikings are great... no one else does. However if you want to bet on it I am game. I am sure you will follow in the footsteps of all the other viking fans that quickly turn yellow when it comes to backing up their "wishful thinking" when the bets are wagered. I don’t blame them, and won’t blame you for not betting on the vikings. I think it is more a matter of betting against the PACKERS than it is betting for the vikings. Betting against the Pack is bad business and we all know why.
GBPmies

Finland

#32 Jul 19, 2013
Avant you failed to answer how the vikings defense was so much better than the Packers last year. Why did you not comment on it? You said the Packers had a high school defense. Did you not know they out peformed the purple pecker eaters?

Here it is again fincase you missed it :)

How was the vikings defense better than the Packer last year?

Did the vikings give up less yards? No.
Did they give up less points? No.
Did they create more turnovers? NO.
Did they have more sacks? No.
Laughing Bear Fan

Longmont, CO

#33 Jul 19, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
How was the vikings defense better than the Packer last year?
They didn't give up 11 miles of offense in the playoffs like the Pack did
Bwahhhaaaaaahhhh howl
Packer Backer WichitaKs

Wichita, KS

#34 Jul 19, 2013
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>They didn't give up 11 miles of offense in the playoffs like the Pack did
Bwahhhaaaaaahhhh howl
That's because the Vikings weren't in the position to do it! HaHa!
eric

Monroe, WI

#35 Jul 19, 2013
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>They didn't give up 11 miles of offense in the playoffs like the Pack did
Bwahhhaaaaaahhhh howl
The Vikings also didnt win a playoff game and Chicago never made the playoffs...
Brian Urlacher stated Green Bay is the team to beat in the NFC North this year,so thats something to think about unless you guys think you know more about the Vikings,Packers,Bears and Lions then Brian Does.
GBPmies

Finland

#41 Jul 19, 2013
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>They didn't give up 11 miles of offense in the playoffs like the Pack did
Bwahhhaaaaaahhhh howl
Yeah the vikes were at home licking their wounds after getting bounced by the Packers. In a related story the bears were at home liking their smelly stink holes. Yes I said holes not just hole but holes.... thier smelly smelly stink holes ;)

“FORUMS LONGEST POSTING MEMBER ”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#43 Jul 19, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
The purple pecker eaters were a bunch of choke artists that could NEVER win the big game. Nothing but wasted talent.
I am happy you smoke crack and think the vikings are great... no one else does. However if you want to bet on it I am game. I am sure you will follow in the footsteps of all the other viking fans that quickly turn yellow when it comes to backing up their "wishful thinking" when the bets are wagered. I don’t blame them, and won’t blame you for not betting on the vikings. I think it is more a matter of betting against the PACKERS than it is betting for the vikings. Betting against the Pack is bad business and we all know why.
We were 16 in total defense last year Harrison Smith Josh Robinson were rookies Cook was drafted the year before with two more starting rookie 2013 who were the best at their position in college.

Since you want to be glib and change the vikings name I'll be just as corny. 2013 and beyond We are the Purple PACKER Eaters.

“FORUMS LONGEST POSTING MEMBER ”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#44 Jul 19, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
Avant you failed to answer how the vikings defense was so much better than the Packers last year. Why did you not comment on it? You said the Packers had a high school defense. Did you not know they out peformed the purple pecker eaters?
Here it is again fincase you missed it :)
How was the vikings defense better than the Packer last year?
Did the vikings give up less yards? No.
Did they give up less points? No.
Did they create more turnovers? NO.
Did they have more sacks? No.
In other words the youth and talent we have we were 16 last year says we will be top 10 this year. Nfl Network said Aaron Rodgers will have to outscore every team if they are to win and your best defensive player is injury prone due to steroids. Clay Matthews is the next Shawne Merriman.
viking nation

Madera, CA

#48 Jul 19, 2013
Who cares what Urlacher said, Last season all of the NFL experts had the Vikings winning 5 games they wasn't right & Look at how the Packers started last season, everyone had them running away with the division last season That didn't happen. anyway getting back to subjuct of ranking QBs - myself I think Favre was a very good QB I am not sure that Aaron could have did what Favre did with the vikings with the front line & receivers favre had to work with & I sure don't think Aaron could do it at the age Favre was at the time. I do think Aaron takes a hit every bit as good as Favre & Both have a great arm. On the Vikes defense The vikes defense I think is stronger over all then the packers but the packers are so strong on offense it covers up the what ever weakness the defense has. Makes them a tough team to beat but the Vikes are taking the right steps to take over the divisionit won't be long...odds are in their favor only because every team must fall.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#49 Jul 20, 2013
As great as Rodgers is ,hes not nearly at the level Favre was.2020: Sacks (Rodgers has 211, needs 525)
2022: Touchdowns (Rodgers has 171, needs 508)
2024: Yards (Rodgers has 21,661, needs 71,838)
2025: Wins (Rodgers has 52, needs 186)
2026: Completions (Rodgers has 1,752, needs 6,300)
2027: Attempts (Rodgers has 2,665, needs 10,169)
2027: Starts (Rodgers has 78, needs 298)
2029: Losses (Rodgers has 26, needs 112)
2032: Fumbles (Rodgers has 36, needs 166)
2045: Interceptions (Rodgers has 46, needs 336.f Rodgers follows in Favre's footsteps and plays until he is 41 (through 2024), and maintains his current paces, he would only break the records for sacks, touchdowns, and yards. I would personally be surprised to see Aaron play that long.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#50 Jul 20, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
Avant you failed to answer how the vikings defense was so much better than the Packers last year. Why did you not comment on it? You said the Packers had a high school defense. Did you not know they out peformed the purple pecker eaters?
Here it is again fincase you missed it :)
How was the vikings defense better than the Packer last year?
Did the vikings give up less yards? No.
Did they give up less points? No.
Did they create more turnovers? NO.
Did they have more sacks? No.
The only statistic the Packers lead in is pass defense which would relate to passing attempts and overall team defense which also leads to pass defense.Thats why we drafted Rhodes. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Vikings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is the better Running Back Tue Stubby 4
rg3 Tue What 13
News MANSOUR: 53-Man Roster Prediction Aug 31 Fart news 9
News Long snapper Cullen Loeffler expresses gratitud... Aug 26 Fart news 20
News Raiders game suspended by severe weather in Min... Aug 25 Fart news 17
News Charles Johnson continues to emerge for Vikings Aug 25 News farts 3
Still want Scherff? Aug 25 What 9
More from around the web