NFL Quarterbacks That Shouldn't Be Starting

May 11, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: BleacherReport

These are some of the most notable quarterbacks in the National Football League.

Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated May 14, 2013
viking nation

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

I think the writer pretty much nails it.

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

All but Sanchez may be being written off prematurely and a few of them may be suffering from the David Carr syndrome (lack of a decent supporting cast). Many college stars at QB played behind solid offensive lines and when a young QB is suddenly thrust into a situation where he is not getting adequate pass protection, he is going to have problems adjusting to such adverse conditions. Even an elite NFL QB would have a hard time succeeding behind a weak offensive line.

“MN Viking fan in Kansas”

Since: Apr 13

Huron, South Dakota

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Damn easy to espouse negative comments. Notice how he made no workable solutions? Arm-chair QB, red-neck noise....that's all it was. Remember how everyone was all about Webbs ability? How did that work out? Before you throw Ponder under the bus, tell us WHO should be replacing him. Then we'd know if YOU KNOW what you're talking about.

“Expect No Mercy”

Since: Jun 09

Milton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Kanfan wrote:
Damn easy to espouse negative comments. Notice how he made no workable solutions? Arm-chair QB, red-neck noise....that's all it was. Remember how everyone was all about Webbs ability? How did that work out? Before you throw Ponder under the bus, tell us WHO should be replacing him. Then we'd know if YOU KNOW what you're talking about.
First time in a long time that I attempted to read an article from bleacher report. It reminded me of why I quit reading them in the first place. Bunch of amatuer wanna-be journalism.
Sports Reposeurs

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

The Belcher Report is written by residents of a colony of blind lepers with no radio or tv access and no stadium transportation.

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

I just wish my UCLA Bruins even had a quarterback in the NFL that we could include in this article :/

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Locker gabber Sanchez are the only ones that shouldn't be starting

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

The_Solution wrote:
Locker gabber Sanchez are the only ones that shouldn't be starting
Gabbert might be OK if they give him time to throw for a change.

“MN Viking fan in Kansas”

Since: Apr 13

Huron, South Dakota

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Gabbert might be OK if they give him time to throw for a change.
Liked Gabbert from college but his lack of mobility kills him in the pros.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Reason Sanchez is on the list is because Jets drafted Geno Smith who after mini camp has the entire coaching staff smitten with him.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

flbadcatowner wrote:
All but Sanchez may be being written off prematurely and a few of them may be suffering from the David Carr syndrome (lack of a decent supporting cast). Many college stars at QB played behind solid offensive lines and when a young QB is suddenly thrust into a situation where he is not getting adequate pass protection, he is going to have problems adjusting to such adverse conditions. Even an elite NFL QB would have a hard time succeeding behind a weak offensive line.
David Isotoner Carr had no syndrome he was simply overrated.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Avant wrote:
<quoted text>David Isotoner Carr had no syndrome he was simply overrated.
He had a lousy tem and a disaster of an offensive line to protect him. I don't care if he were Sammy Baugh, Johnny Unitas, or Aaron Rodgers. He still would have had problems winning. There are NO Hall of Fame QBs who played most of their career behing a leaky line. He has stuck around for quite a long time as a backup and for the lousy lines he played behind as a starter, his numbers were not all that bad. Had he played behind a strong line, perhaps the results would have been much different. In his rookie season he set a record for being sacked.

vacaville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Avant wrote:
<quoted text>David Isotoner Carr had no syndrome he was simply overrated.
I agree. Good college QB but never made the transition to the pros. He had a shot with the panthers but didn't produce there either.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

The_Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Good college QB but never made the transition to the pros. He had a shot with the panthers but didn't produce there either.
Did you ever check his ststs for the last three years in Houston? They were actually very respectable for playing on a bad team. He has also played well when called upon by the Giants.

vacaville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Did you ever check his ststs for the last three years in Houston? They were actually very respectable for playing on a bad team. He has also played well when called upon by the Giants.
I have not checked the stats, I'm just going by memory. I don't recall him playing anything but garbage time with the giants?

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

The_Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not checked the stats, I'm just going by memory. I don't recall him playing anything but garbage time with the giants?
I thought he played well with Houston in his last season there and got too much blame for the team's failures which were not nearly all his fault as in scapegoat.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Minnesota Vikings Forum right now

Search the Minnesota Vikings Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Get On The Vikings Bandwagon 56 min Spielman 41
Adrian Peterson May Sit Out Entire Preseason 2 hr Spielman 4
Extra Points: Manziel gives Hoyer his chance 6 hr Spielman 8
I'm back again Mon Green gay fagers 1
There Might Be A Big Problem With Minnesota Vik... Jul 24 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Minnesota Vikings News and Links, 7/24 Jul 24 Laughing Bear Fan 1
NFL Roundtable: Teddy Bridgewater vs. Johnny Ma... Jul 24 Spielman 9
•••
•••