NFL Quarterbacks That Shouldn't Be St...

NFL Quarterbacks That Shouldn't Be Starting

There are 16 comments on the BleacherReport story from May 11, 2013, titled NFL Quarterbacks That Shouldn't Be Starting. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

These are some of the most notable quarterbacks in the National Football League.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

viking nation

Madera, CA

#1 May 11, 2013
I think the writer pretty much nails it.

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

#2 May 12, 2013
All but Sanchez may be being written off prematurely and a few of them may be suffering from the David Carr syndrome (lack of a decent supporting cast). Many college stars at QB played behind solid offensive lines and when a young QB is suddenly thrust into a situation where he is not getting adequate pass protection, he is going to have problems adjusting to such adverse conditions. Even an elite NFL QB would have a hard time succeeding behind a weak offensive line.

“MN Viking fan in Kansas”

Since: Apr 13

Huron, South Dakota

#3 May 12, 2013
Damn easy to espouse negative comments. Notice how he made no workable solutions? Arm-chair QB, red-neck noise....that's all it was. Remember how everyone was all about Webbs ability? How did that work out? Before you throw Ponder under the bus, tell us WHO should be replacing him. Then we'd know if YOU KNOW what you're talking about.

“Expect No Mercy”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#4 May 12, 2013
Kanfan wrote:
Damn easy to espouse negative comments. Notice how he made no workable solutions? Arm-chair QB, red-neck noise....that's all it was. Remember how everyone was all about Webbs ability? How did that work out? Before you throw Ponder under the bus, tell us WHO should be replacing him. Then we'd know if YOU KNOW what you're talking about.
First time in a long time that I attempted to read an article from bleacher report. It reminded me of why I quit reading them in the first place. Bunch of amatuer wanna-be journalism.
Sports Reposeurs

Miami, FL

#5 May 13, 2013
The Belcher Report is written by residents of a colony of blind lepers with no radio or tv access and no stadium transportation.

“UCLA Bruin Voice Of Reason!”

Since: Jun 11

West Hollywood, CA

#6 May 13, 2013
I just wish my UCLA Bruins even had a quarterback in the NFL that we could include in this article :/

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

#7 May 13, 2013
Locker gabber Sanchez are the only ones that shouldn't be starting

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#8 May 13, 2013
The_Solution wrote:
Locker gabber Sanchez are the only ones that shouldn't be starting
Gabbert might be OK if they give him time to throw for a change.

“MN Viking fan in Kansas”

Since: Apr 13

Huron, South Dakota

#9 May 13, 2013
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Gabbert might be OK if they give him time to throw for a change.
Liked Gabbert from college but his lack of mobility kills him in the pros.

“FORUMS LONGEST POSTING MEMBER ”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#10 May 13, 2013
Reason Sanchez is on the list is because Jets drafted Geno Smith who after mini camp has the entire coaching staff smitten with him.

“FORUMS LONGEST POSTING MEMBER ”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#11 May 13, 2013
flbadcatowner wrote:
All but Sanchez may be being written off prematurely and a few of them may be suffering from the David Carr syndrome (lack of a decent supporting cast). Many college stars at QB played behind solid offensive lines and when a young QB is suddenly thrust into a situation where he is not getting adequate pass protection, he is going to have problems adjusting to such adverse conditions. Even an elite NFL QB would have a hard time succeeding behind a weak offensive line.
David Isotoner Carr had no syndrome he was simply overrated.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#12 May 13, 2013
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>David Isotoner Carr had no syndrome he was simply overrated.
He had a lousy tem and a disaster of an offensive line to protect him. I don't care if he were Sammy Baugh, Johnny Unitas, or Aaron Rodgers. He still would have had problems winning. There are NO Hall of Fame QBs who played most of their career behing a leaky line. He has stuck around for quite a long time as a backup and for the lousy lines he played behind as a starter, his numbers were not all that bad. Had he played behind a strong line, perhaps the results would have been much different. In his rookie season he set a record for being sacked.

vacaville

#13 May 13, 2013
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>David Isotoner Carr had no syndrome he was simply overrated.
I agree. Good college QB but never made the transition to the pros. He had a shot with the panthers but didn't produce there either.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#14 May 14, 2013
The_Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Good college QB but never made the transition to the pros. He had a shot with the panthers but didn't produce there either.
Did you ever check his ststs for the last three years in Houston? They were actually very respectable for playing on a bad team. He has also played well when called upon by the Giants.

vacaville

#15 May 14, 2013
flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>Did you ever check his ststs for the last three years in Houston? They were actually very respectable for playing on a bad team. He has also played well when called upon by the Giants.
I have not checked the stats, I'm just going by memory. I don't recall him playing anything but garbage time with the giants?

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

#16 May 14, 2013
The_Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not checked the stats, I'm just going by memory. I don't recall him playing anything but garbage time with the giants?
I thought he played well with Houston in his last season there and got too much blame for the team's failures which were not nearly all his fault as in scapegoat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Vikings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time for the wish list Jan 12 Purple Faithful 18
News Vikings DE Danielle Hunter one of the 'Top 25 u... Jan 12 Purple Faithful 4
News 3 people arrested in Dakota Access pipeline sta... Jan 10 thvg1994 2
News Vikings' Linebacker Chad Greenway Expected To A... Jan 2 The Wheeze of Trump 2
***Vikings/Bears*** Jan 2 Magnum Man II 8
I rest my case Dec 30 LogDropSoup 8
News What to watch for: Chicago Bears vs. Minnesota ... Dec 30 Frank Flatus 23
More from around the web