Since: Dec 06

Davenport, FL

#1 May 1, 2013
I figure we're at worst,7 players from being bonafide elite.Another DT,DE,LB,S,WR.OG and maybe a Qb.Depends on Ponder in 2013.With the trend of trading back into the 1st and keeping late rd picks for depth,coupled with getting 1 top FA,I think we're 2 season's from being all set.
I have 2 scenarios.For starters,accounting for 2 FA's in each season and covering our own FA's we need at best 5.I'm putting LB and OG in the latter depth rounds. Would love a premiere LB,haven't had 1 since Siemon but just don't think Minn will be going that route after what they did in the past draft.
Anywayyyyyyyyyy,
So we need 5 with 2 scenario's
1)Ponder fits the bill,we go any combination of DT<DE<S<WR our own pick,trade back into the 1st and keep our late rd picks,for depth,etc.Plus a FA.Year 2 complete the package in simular fashion.
2)Ponder doesn't fit the bill.With so many Qb's coming out,trade what they need to trade to get the guy.Get the FA,complete the rest in year 2.
So,I'm going either all in on a Qb and FA in 2014
or
Trading back into the 1st for a combo of DT,DE,WR,S.
And I have names.
Prediction.
Resident troll known as Avant will show up with the ALWAYS foul comment,rather than exploring the thought.

Location hidden

#2 May 1, 2013
Childress wrote:
I figure we're at worst,7 players from being bonafide elite.Another DT,DE,LB,S,WR.OG and maybe a Qb.Depends on Ponder in 2013.With the trend of trading back into the 1st and keeping late rd picks for depth,coupled with getting 1 top FA,I think we're 2 season's from being all set.
I have 2 scenarios.For starters,accounting for 2 FA's in each season and covering our own FA's we need at best 5.I'm putting LB and OG in the latter depth rounds. Would love a premiere LB,haven't had 1 since Siemon but just don't think Minn will be going that route after what they did in the past draft.
Anywayyyyyyyyyy,
So we need 5 with 2 scenario's
1)Ponder fits the bill,we go any combination of DT<DE<S<WR our own pick,trade back into the 1st and keep our late rd picks,for depth,etc.Plus a FA.Year 2 complete the package in simular fashion.
2)Ponder doesn't fit the bill.With so many Qb's coming out,trade what they need to trade to get the guy.Get the FA,complete the rest in year 2.
So,I'm going either all in on a Qb and FA in 2014
or
Trading back into the 1st for a combo of DT,DE,WR,S.
And I have names.
Prediction.
Resident troll known as Avant will show up with the ALWAYS foul comment,rather than exploring the thought.
We already have a top 10 defense but old at DE and DT Williams, Allen. We need to replace them next year.
Jarius Wright is going to be all pro one day We are set at tight end. Patterson has hall of fame talent.
Our season depends on childress hand pick QB Christian Ponder.
Teddy Bridgewater, Johnny Manziel, Tajh Boyd, Logan Thomas, are my top 2014 QB's
When you draft a QB early like you did Ponder his fate is yours.

Davenport, FL

#3 May 1, 2013
Jimmy,jimmy,jimmy.
1st off----ding,ding,ding,ding on my prediction.
2nd.....you mean the site I GAVE YOU,Walter's football 2014 QB's
HAHAHAHA
not yours
3rd........you mean playoff Qb of the Vikings,don't you??????AND if you think that playoff injury was minor,you better head to the Daily Norseman.Sugarman saved the day on a scary situation.
Wr should definitely remain up there.Jennings usually gets hurt,others are green.Already covered DT,DE,only because of age though.S-Sanford is ok but as a 7th rounder,I think we can upgrade there.LB and OG,more than likely late rounds as stated.
Qb if needed has been explained.He's either #1 or #2 but Spielman drafted him and we'll see.Thanks for saying I drafted him though.I know you see me as a GM.

Davenport, FL

#4 May 1, 2013
Oh and those Walter's football 2014 Qb's you picked in order,
all are better than that disaster waiting to happen,Smith in N.Y.
And as I said earlier in another thread,this draft class 2013.All are bench warmers,2014 is way better.You of course wanted the Vikings to take the disaster waiting to happen.One would think after TJ,you would stay quiet.
Guru's don't copy what mock people think.
viking nation

Madera, CA

#5 May 1, 2013
viking nation

Madera, CA

#6 May 1, 2013
Giving myself a little pat on the back for saying Henderson would play middle linebacker. I had a great day fishing the other day I found this stream with some nice rainbow trout. its like a hour away. sometimes its nice to get away from it all. you hear the sound of a stream running at night cooking your fish on a open fire. there isn't anything like it. kind of makes you forget the meaningless arguments.
viking nation

Madera, CA

#7 May 2, 2013
Guys on the roster that are 30 & above -- Matt Cassel age 30 Jared Allen age 31 Brian Robison age 30 Chad Greenway age 30 Chris Kluwe age 31 Cullen Loeffer age 32 Kevin Williams age 32 over all the vikes are a young team with 7 players age 30 or more. I would say everyone knows this is a make or break year for Ponder so sure if he is bad as in the past Ponder will be the backup QB You can count on it. a few of them players above are key players so the vikes will need to start to look for replacements but I do think there is a few years to do so. it doesn't all need to be done next year. If you look at Winfield age 35 the seahawks didn't care to much about his age yet. look at Pat Williames age 36 it took him to go into retirement , so I think Greenway age 30, Allen age 31 & Williams age 32. I think the vikes still has 2 to 5 years of play still left in them players. Greenway sure didn't show any signs of slowing down last season.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Vikings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bostick 1 hr Stubby 15
A situational question 2 hr Stubby 17
Mock draft 8 hr GBPmies 15
Adrian Peterson releases statement on ruling 10 hr GBPmies 5
Jerome Felton 13 hr Magnum Man II 4
Judge Overturns Peterson Suspension 23 hr Laughing Bear Fan 2
Vikings rusher Peterson reinstated by US judge 23 hr Laughing Bear Fan 1
More from around the web