3 Packers fined $5,000 each for actions against Minnesota Vikings

There are 20 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Nov 6, 2009, titled 3 Packers fined $5,000 each for actions against Minnesota Vikings. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The NFL fined Green Bay Packers Johnny Jolly, Al Harris and rookie B.J. Raji $5,000 each for actions in Sunday's loss to the Minnesota Vikings.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

GBPfan

Fountain, CO

#21 Nov 7, 2009
Joe Rogers wrote:
National Fraud League: view the game, be honest and see what a bunch of trash it is. NFL should be ashamed.
Yeah, it's getting nearly as bad as college women's soccer. LOL
Al Harris got fined

New Albin, IA

#22 Nov 7, 2009
for grabbing the helmet opening while tacking Berrian on the touchdown play. Unfortunately, the refs didn't even call a penalty (despite how obvious it was.)
From the opening series, when they inexplicably whistled a play dead as a running back is getting knocked on his butt (not wrapped up)costing the vikings a fumble recovery, to the end of the game the refs just stunk.
Rich Cambell

Saint Paul, MN

#23 Nov 7, 2009
I smell an update to the dirtiest players in the league list!!!
Slim Shady

Minneapolis, MN

#25 Nov 7, 2009
They should have fined the fans for the rudeness and child like attitudes they had
Tanko72

Eau Claire, WI

#26 Nov 7, 2009
Al Harris got fined wrote:
for grabbing the helmet opening while tacking Berrian on the touchdown play. Unfortunately, the refs didn't even call a penalty (despite how obvious it was.)
From the opening series, when they inexplicably whistled a play dead as a running back is getting knocked on his butt (not wrapped up)costing the vikings a fumble recovery, to the end of the game the refs just stunk.
Just wondering if the you watched the first game between the two, when the refs obviously got the make sure Favre gets the win no matter what memo. The network even stopped showing replays on grossly overlooked calls. It was pathetic. By the way it is called forward progress you idiot
What The

United States

#27 Nov 7, 2009
Tanko72 wrote:
<quoted text>
If packer players are so classless, why does the Queens organization keep coveting them. It was long ago they had a guy named Moss and the Williams boys aren't exactly top notch citizens.
I would caution Queen fans from criticizing any other fans in the NFL. When the wind changes Minnesota Fans will write off their teams in a second.
Pack signing Mr. drunk Koren Robinson ? Hope you are drowning in the TANK Tanko !
kelly

Duluth, MN

#28 Nov 7, 2009
Tanko72 wrote:
<quoted text>
If packer players are so classless, why does the Queens organization keep coveting them. It was long ago they had a guy named Moss and the Williams boys aren't exactly top notch citizens.
I would caution Queen fans from criticizing any other fans in the NFL. When the wind changes Minnesota Fans will write off their teams in a second.
your hamper just called, asked you to keep an eye on najeh davenport next time he stops by.
vyx

Paris, France

#29 Nov 7, 2009
Tanko72 wrote:
<quoted text>
Moss was the man. When he mooned the Packers fans was great. The packers fans moon the opposing teams bus when it arrives, brett favre said it after the game in gb, and Moss was responding.
Mister Minnesota

Minneapolis, MN

#30 Nov 7, 2009
And for the record, I would like to point out that despite their illegal tactics, the Green Bay Packers STILL lost, because they are, like everyone in Wisconsin, LOSERS. With the help of Brett Favre, we thrashed you, Green Bay! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
pacfan

Madison, WI

#31 Nov 7, 2009
Mister Minnesota wrote:
And for the record, I would like to point out that despite their illegal tactics, the Green Bay Packers STILL lost, because they are, like everyone in Wisconsin, LOSERS. With the help of Brett Favre, we thrashed you, Green Bay! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Make sure your mommy knows you are using the internet, with your mentality it could be dangerous.
Freedomdancer

Minneapolis, MN

#32 Nov 8, 2009
Not a very smart move them guys did. They were just jealous cuz the Vikings won. So what!!
How many times have the Packers won against the Vikings? You didn't hear of any Viking player retaliate towards the Packers in that way.
Doesn't pay to get violent & jealous like that. There are almost always a consequence one has
to pay for their actions. My favorite quote I've always given when I first heard of it, is this:
"The choices you make in life determines who you are and your future."
Think about that. Alot of truth in this statement.
May God forgive you as you think about the actions you've made. Jealousy and anger doesn't pay off in the long run.
Go Vikes

Atlanta, GA

#33 Nov 8, 2009
Sport wrote:
This showes the mentality of the players look at all the foolish tatoos. Being paid big bucks and still can't play fair should fire them,that would make them play fair.
Yeah that makes a lot of sense. And why are you so worried about the tattoos? You insult their mentality and you can't even spell *shows* correctly? Spare us the lectures.
Go Vikes

Atlanta, GA

#34 Nov 8, 2009
40for60 wrote:
Seeing they can't compete legally, they try to maim and injure our players on the sly. Harris knew he grabbed helmet and he knew he couldn't keep Berrian out of the end zone, but he hung on anyway. Jolly plays on the edge? LOL, he should be playing on the edge of the bench.
Raji is a McMuffin disciple, overweight and overmatched.
I guess we shouldn't complain seeing as we have a history of going for the knees of opposing QBs. Then we have the Williams' and the steriod masking issue and Jared Allen isn't exactly a clean player. I haven't even gotten to the wizzenator or the love boat incidents. Its all in the context of the game. Lets not over-react.
dumb animals

Minneapolis, MN

#35 Nov 8, 2009
dirty stupid stinking dumb thug animals. better paid than the idiots who watch them.
Go Vikes

Atlanta, GA

#36 Nov 8, 2009
eric113 wrote:
Why only $5000? Good ol' Jolley really threw a massive head-butt...and it's not like $5000 is gonna teach the galoot a lesson...
Every snap for an NFL lineman is a massive head-butt....butt-head...Calm down Nancy
Go Vikes

Atlanta, GA

#37 Nov 8, 2009
Slim Shady wrote:
They should have fined the fans for the rudeness and child like attitudes they had
Better watch out they could fine you for being a whining little biatch then. Go grow a set.

“err-human favregive-divine”

Since: Sep 09

erie

#39 Nov 8, 2009
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it's getting nearly as bad as college women's soccer. LOL
Hey watch it, there can be a lot said for women running around in shorts for 90 minutes, sweating and well you know.....
Joe

International Falls, MN

#40 Nov 8, 2009
They got fined which shows they loss twice on each of those plays. Its part of the game for some players which means they will be watched more closely and the penalty will be more severe for a 2nd offense. Remember this was a hotly contested game and emotions were running high on both sides. Some contained themselves and some did not. How the officials missed the penalty on tackling Berrian by the helment opening is beyond me. It was clearly obvious to everyone but the officials I guess, but then again they are human.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#41 Nov 8, 2009
Go Vikes wrote:
<quoted text>I guess we shouldn't complain seeing as we have a history of going for the knees of opposing QBs. Then we have the Williams' and the steriod masking issue and Jared Allen isn't exactly a clean player. I haven't even gotten to the wizzenator or the love boat incidents. Its all in the context of the game. Lets not over-react.
You are not a Vikings fan, go bother your mother.

“Smack the Pack”

Since: Sep 09

Oslo,Norway

#42 Nov 8, 2009
erie-pa fan wrote:
<quoted text>Hey watch it, there can be a lot said for women running around in shorts for 90 minutes, sweating and well you know.....
The only problem-a lot of 'em look like dudes!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Vikings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Minnesota Vikings Improve Defense with Trae Waynes 7 min Spielman 16
PETITION to get La'el Collins to MN 9 min wildaster 3
mr irrelevant 40 min Empty Lombardi Case 11
2015 NFL Draft Results: Grades for Rounds 1-3 a... 46 min nationfarts 20
News Minnesota Vikings First Wave of Undrafted Free ... 4 hr Falsified IPs 4
Vikings Sign Terence Newman 21 hr Kanfan 109
Mayweather/Pacquiao 23 hr Falsified IPs 3
More from around the web