3 Packers fined $5,000 each for actions against Minnesota Vikings

Full story: TwinCities.com

The NFL fined Green Bay Packers Johnny Jolly, Al Harris and rookie B.J. Raji $5,000 each for actions in Sunday's loss to the Minnesota Vikings.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of60
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Smack the Pack”

Since: Sep 09

Oslo,Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2009

Judged:

Why only $5000? Good ol' Jolley really threw a massive head-butt...and it's not like $5000 is gonna teach the galoot a lesson...
uncle brian

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2009

Judged:

Thank you jolly
sincerly
chilly childress
JohnP

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2009

Judged:

In their next life, they can all do a remake of The Longest Yard III.
Maybe they should give up their daytime jobs and look into the penal system.
In the Past, Pack Mgt was swift in getting rid of alleged criminals and troublemakers... Lofton, Chimura come to mind. Today they encourage "Playing on the Edge"! Maybe they will take that Spikes guy from Fla next year with their HIGH draft pick! He is quite the role model.
Sport

Wyoming, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2009

Judged:

This showes the mentality of the players look at all the foolish tatoos. Being paid big bucks and still can't play fair should fire them,that would make them play fair.
Sport

Wyoming, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2009

Judged:

oh oh tattoos
Brett Favre

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2009

Judged:

Sixth round draft pick, Def Tackle with 2 sacks and one INT in 3 1/2 years with the Packers.

Then he comes out with his smug statement about "I ain't sorry... That's how I play...", even as his dumb penalty was a back breaker for the Packers.

Low production, easily replaced, dumb pentaly and a bad attitude.

I'm honestly surprised they didn't just cut him the next day. If he were playing in MN and did that, I'd want him gone jast to humble his dumb as$.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2009

Judged:

Seeing they can't compete legally, they try to maim and injure our players on the sly. Harris knew he grabbed helmet and he knew he couldn't keep Berrian out of the end zone, but he hung on anyway. Jolly plays on the edge? LOL, he should be playing on the edge of the bench.
Raji is a McMuffin disciple, overweight and overmatched.

“Smack the Pack”

Oslo,Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2009

Judged:

40for60 wrote:
Seeing they can't compete legally, they try to maim and injure our players on the sly. Harris knew he grabbed helmet and he knew he couldn't keep Berrian out of the end zone, but he hung on anyway. Jolly plays on the edge? LOL, he should be playing on the edge of the bench.
Raji is a McMuffin disciple, overweight and overmatched.
Jolley should be playing on a prison team-where headbutts are admired.
normallylikeyell ow

Altoona, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2009

Judged:

The Harris and Raji did not look intentional to me, but neither does getting blocked into QB's legs, so... Jolly is an idiot who is lucky to not be in prison. We can't rid of him because the DT train out of town has taken several others already.
Dombrowski

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2009

normallylikeyellow wrote:
The Harris and Raji did not look intentional to me, but neither does getting blocked into QB's legs, so... Jolly is an idiot who is lucky to not be in prison. We can't rid of him because the DT train out of town has taken several others already.
"We can't rid of him because the DT train out of town has taken several others already."

Man that's some funny stuff... along with a couple of others above...yours actually made me laugh out loud!
MrInside

Dawson, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2009

Judged:

Does everyone realize no matter the fine, it is tax deductible? The players can file it as a business expense. And furthermore the money goes to Charity.

“Smack the Pack”

Oslo,Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2009

Judged:

MrInside wrote:
Does everyone realize no matter the fine, it is tax deductible? The players can file it as a business expense. And furthermore the money goes to Charity.
The charity of dumb overpaid retired atheletes?
muskratbob

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2009

Judged:

mm,tt and mm are rouining the packers and the team is in disary and blaming offense line and other things. But as troy ackman said rogers holds the ball to long things like that he should share the blame and not put it on his offense line. dirty football taking cheap shots is another thing that a disorganized team does and they are showing it.
Joe Rogers

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2009

Judged:

National Fraud League: view the game, be honest and see what a bunch of trash it is. NFL should be ashamed.
Joe Blow

Neenah, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2009

Dirty, filthy team with a legacy of dirt dating back to Forrest Gregg and the numbered *towels*. Talentless team, except for Kampman, who is a genuine, honest quality player who belongs on another team (not a 3-4 team;-).
dumb animals

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2009

Judged:

dumb thug animals
dikencider

Secaucus, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2009

Packers suck. Not too sure why anyone would brag about beat them regardless of being a division foe.

“Great place to live”

Since: Jan 09

Grand Rapids, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2009

Judged:

Things like dead ball head butting go way beyond the run of the mill penalty that results from fast agressive play. The head butt-er should have been fined $50,000 and suspended for a game.

Then the Packers should have released the stupid jerk
normallylikeyell ow

Altoona, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2009

Dombrowski wrote:
<quoted text>
"We can't rid of him because the DT train out of town has taken several others already."
Man that's some funny stuff... along with a couple of others above...yours actually made me laugh out loud!
Touche.
purplenation 4-EVER

Willmar, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2009

Judged:

Their players are almost as classless as their fans.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of60
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Minnesota Vikings Forum right now

Search the Minnesota Vikings Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Tom Savage 1 hr Childress 21
**** 1st Round Draft Pick Is ***** 3 hr Laughing Bear Fan 16
2014 NN community mock draft: With the 8th pick... 22 hr Lito 1
Darren Sharper: Ex-Viking challenging his no-ba... Wed Laughing Bear Fan 1
Minnesota Vikings 2014 draft preview: Quarterback Tue viking nation 1
2014 NFL mock draft: Vikings select Teddy Bridg... Tue viking nation 10
NFL Executives Think Josh Freeman Was Done Wron... Tue Magnum Man II 4
•••
•••