Mike Wallace Turned Down More Money from the Vikings to Sign With Miami?

Full story: TheVikingAge

Dec 16, 2012; Arlington, TX, USA; Pittsburgh Steelers receiver Mike Wallace prior to the game against the Dallas Cowboys at Cowboys Stadium.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

We can blame Ponder on this.
a dolla makes him holla

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

How much above Miami's offer did the Vikes offer?

In FL there's no state or city income tax, and no intangible asset tax. I'm sure that factored into his decision as well.

Anywho, methinks the Fins overpaid for him. Hope I'm wrong.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

a dolla makes him holla wrote:
How much above Miami's offer did the Vikes offer?
In FL there's no state or city income tax, and no intangible asset tax. I'm sure that factored into his decision as well.
Anywho, methinks the Fins overpaid for him. Hope I'm wrong.
Ryan Tannehill is going to be a superstar. We have Ponder. If you were Mike Wallace with one more contract after the one he just sign and that money depends on your statistics over the next 3 years who would you want to be your QB, the superstar or the question mark?
viking nation

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

viking nation

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Miami & Seahawks offers to Wallace & Harvin was a standard contract offer to a receiver of this caliber. I don't think the Vikes was willing to pay that much here is a list of some of the other receiver contracts...http://www.1500esp n.com/sportswire/Percy_Harvins _645M_extension_made_him_1_of_ NFLs_toppaid_receivers031513
viking nation

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Could be he wanted to play for a franchise that has actually won a superbowl. He didn't want to play for a team that surrenders more often than the French

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

dano2020 wrote:
<quoted text> really, i seriously doubt that one bit
Put yourself in Mike Wallace position. You has one contract to go after the one you just signed. Your last contract depends on your statistics over the next 3 years. Who would you want to be your QB, Ryan Tannehill or the injury prone inaccurate question mark?
Steve Ross Dress For Less

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Avant wrote:
<quoted text> Put yourself in Mike Wallace position. You has one contract to go after the one you just signed. Your last contract depends on your statistics over the next 3 years. Who would you want to be your QB, Ryan Tannehill or the injury prone inaccurate question mark?
The Fins showed him the $$$, and year-round 80-something degree sunny weather is a nice bonus. TanneWho?

Frankly, Ryan Tannehill is a bit of a question mark himself due to his lack of experience. Nobody knows for sure how T-Hill is gonna pan out. He had a solid rookie year, especially considering that his best receiver was Brian Hartline and he had a TE with stone hands, and an inconsistant running game threat. Chances are he'll end up being better than Ponder. But it's hard to sell a top free-agent WR primarily on an unproven 2nd yr QB. If QB play was his main criteria, then he would've stuck with Roethlisberger.
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Steve Ross Dress For Less wrote:
<quoted text>
The Fins showed him the $$$, and year-round 80-something degree sunny weather is a nice bonus. TanneWho?
It's South Beach. Beats the hell out of the MetroDump. Hotties in bikinis and halters, not Carharts and parkas.
Tranny-Who?
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

dano2020 wrote:
<quoted text>
right now at this moment i would take ponder, hands down
Right now you would take Favre...Pants on the floor

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

dano2020 wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be surprised if Matt Cassel is the starting QB sometime this year and he's not that good.
Ponder this

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

dano2020 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hands where? Ponder had a worse rookie year than Tannehill did, and he had a better team around him.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Avant wrote:
<quoted text>Don't be surprised if Matt Cassel is the starting QB sometime this year and he's not that good.
cassel will be backup no matter what. the vikes are going to live or die with ponder this year

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Ponder this wrote:
<quoted text>
Hands where? Ponder had a worse rookie year than Tannehill did, and he had a better team around him.
harvin was a cancer in the locker room, had the randy moss syndrome (me, me and more me) and what happen when harvin got hurt, ponder got better, running game got better, the vikes made the playoffs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 15 of15
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Minnesota Vikings Forum right now

Search the Minnesota Vikings Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MCM 2014 Community Mock Draft: The Minnesota Vi... 10 min viking nation 1
**** 1st Round Draft Pick Is ***** 3 hr viking nation 30
Tom Savage 6 hr viking nation 32
2014 NN community mock draft: With the 8th pick... Wed Lito 1
Darren Sharper: Ex-Viking challenging his no-ba... Apr 16 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Minnesota Vikings 2014 draft preview: Quarterback Apr 15 viking nation 1
2014 NFL mock draft: Vikings select Teddy Bridg... Apr 15 viking nation 10
•••
•••