Christian Ponder takes control of Vikings

There are 20 comments on the May 3, 2012, Buffalo News story titled Christian Ponder takes control of Vikings. In it, Buffalo News reports that:

From the moment Christian Ponder took over the Minnesota Vikings offense in Week 5 of his rookie season, the quarterback never stopped scrambling.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Buffalo News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“FORUMS LONGEST POSTING MEMBER ”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#1 May 3, 2012
Exactly what I have been telling everybody.

Quote, he completed more than 52 percent of his passes just once in his last four starts, and too often took off and ran before checking all his options on passing plays, leading to injuries to his right hip, right hand and a concussion. He finished the season with a 54.3 percent completion rate,

The Offensive line did a good job last year, the sacks were because of Ponder.

Location hidden

#2 May 3, 2012
I should never have a push-back when it comes to the QB position.

CALLING the best rookie of all time Cam Newton should have clinched it.

Location hidden

#3 May 3, 2012
I want ponder to stand tall in the pocket without flinching and be accurate.

Location hidden

#4 May 3, 2012
http://min.scout.com/2/1183389.html

If Gerhart starts Ponder will fail. He doesn't have the agility Ponder needs for his play action passes.

Ponder needs a big-time running game to be successful.
Viking fan says

Maple Grove, MN

#5 May 3, 2012
Ponder needs experience.

Location hidden

#6 May 3, 2012
Viking fan says wrote:
Ponder needs experience.
If Ponder doesn't show significant improvement this year we draft a real 1st round QB 2013.

“Goodbye my friend!”

Since: Jan 07

Pringle Hill.

#7 May 3, 2012
Avant wrote:
Exactly what I have been telling everybody.
Quote, he completed more than 52 percent of his passes just once in his last four starts, and too often took off and ran before checking all his options on passing plays, leading to injuries to his right hip, right hand and a concussion. He finished the season with a 54.3 percent completion rate,
The Offensive line did a good job last year, the sacks were because of Ponder.
Exactly what I've been telling you for six years is you are a retard, and......everybody believes me.

Anybody who thinks our OL did a good job at pass protection last year either didn't watch the actual games or, has the same mental deficiencies as you.

Our coach and GM know we needed big help as evidenced by our first draft pick. You and....the Buffalo news, Hootie and the Blowfish and, some of the other laughable news sources you've spouted on about over the years such as.."Cold Pizza"....the sports show for chicks you used to watch,.......KNOW...... NOTHING!

We went out and got help at WR in the draft and that kid from the Bengals if he works out plus, help at OL so, we'll see.

Fact is, you're still sore about your big failure in TJ and Culpooper Boulevard. Get over it!

They stink and, so do you.

This thread is now null and void.

Location hidden

#8 May 3, 2012
Gonzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly what I've been telling you for six years is you are a retard, and......everybody believes me.
Anybody who thinks our OL did a good job at pass protection last year either didn't watch the actual games or, has the same mental deficiencies as you.
Our coach and GM know we needed big help as evidenced by our first draft pick. You and....the Buffalo news, Hootie and the Blowfish and, some of the other laughable news sources you've spouted on about over the years such as.."Cold Pizza"....the sports show for chicks you used to watch,.......KNOW...... NOTHING!
We went out and got help at WR in the draft and that kid from the Bengals if he works out plus, help at OL so, we'll see.
Fact is, you're still sore about your big failure in TJ and Culpooper Boulevard. Get over it!
While you were on the 60 day disabled list with a hip, Childress has come around to my position on Ponder. He pick him in the 11 draft now he's looking for his replacement in the 2012.

It's a QB league, Childress now realizes that at Ponder's best he will always be the worst QB in our division.

Location hidden

#9 May 3, 2012
Gonzo wrote:
<quoted text>
CASE CLOSED!
http://walterfootball.com/draft2013.php

“Goodbye my friend!”

Pringle Hill.

#10 May 3, 2012
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>While you were on the 60 day disabled list with a hip, Childress has come around to my position on Ponder. He pick him in the 11 draft now he's looking for his replacement in the 2012.
It's a QB league, Childress now realizes that at Ponder's best he will always be the worst QB in our division.
1. You're a liar.
2. Childress is my friend, not someone who tells me what to say like the goofs you listen to tell you. Man!!....you are a GOOF!
3. I think this Ponder kid has a chance. Did I predict....
A. Ponderton???
B. Kahil Hill???
C. TOBY CREEK???!!!!!!?

No.....only YOU predict the Viking greats.....LOL!!!

Oh....don't try to bury post #7....it describes you well.

“Goodbye my friend!”

Pringle Hill.

#11 May 3, 2012
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>CASE CLOSED!
http://walterfootball.com/draft2013.php
Link to a 2013???!!!.... mock draft!!???

Sick boy.......SICK!!!!

Pinellas Park, FL

#12 May 4, 2012
Gonzo wrote:
<quoted text>
1. You're a liar.
2. Childress is my friend, not someone who tells me what to say like the goofs you listen to tell you. Man!!....you are a GOOF!
3. I think this Ponder kid has a chance. Did I predict....
A. Ponderton???
B. Kahil Hill???
C. TOBY CREEK???!!!!!!?
No.....only YOU predict the Viking greats.....LOL!!!
Oh....don't try to bury post #7....it describes you well.
I've come to the conclusion that Avant is only interested in getting replies added to his total at all cost.He has over 8,000 replies,of which all have been through trolling at all cost,or talking stupid.All are designed to add to his total.
That's why he "loves this game topix".Best to ignore him.We usually have no problem ignoring other trolls,we can do the same for the Raider fan.I have his post,where he says he is a Raider fan.And I've never found evidence that he is a Viking fan.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#13 May 4, 2012
Viking fan says wrote:
Ponder needs experience.
Ponder needs a new stadium, open air, lush green grass, in LA
One Tanne Hill

Miami, FL

#14 May 4, 2012
Sister Christian was a big 1st round stretch.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#15 May 4, 2012
One Tanne Hill wrote:
Sister Christian was a big 1st round stretch.
A boarding house reach

Since: Mar 07

Denver, CO

#16 May 4, 2012
Rookie Stats-----
Payton Manning: Comp % 56.7 TDs 26 INTs 28
Eli Manning: Comp % 48.2 TDs 6 INTs 9
Christian Ponder: Comp % 54.3 TDs 13 INTs 13

Seriously Avant, if you were judging rookie numbers I would say Ponder is doing pretty well and those guys had full off seasons! No I am not saying that he will be as good as those guys but am not saying he won't, only time will tell. This year he gets a full off season and some help on OL and WR.

Travis

Location hidden

#17 May 4, 2012
TRPE wrote:
Rookie Stats-----
Seriously Avant, if you were judging rookie numbers I would say Ponder is doing pretty well and those guys had full off seasons! No I am not saying that he will be as good as those guys but am not saying he won't, only time will tell. This year he gets a full off season and some help on OL and WR.
Travis
Everybody in the media who has commented on the vikings 2012 season has said it's do or die for injury prone QB. I'm rooting for him but I'm with most experts. I'm scouting the 2013 draft for a QB who can compete with the QB's in our division.

Location hidden

#18 May 4, 2012
TRPE wrote:
Rookie Stats-----
Travis
Cam Newton and Andy Dalton changed the way QB's are judged. You can't look like a rookie anymore.
ezg357

Madera, CA

#19 May 4, 2012
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>Cam Newton and Andy Dalton changed the way QB's are judged. You can't look like a rookie anymore.
People didnt think Dalton was that good. USA Today's NFL Draft Preview* dubbed Dalton “The Best of the Rest” and put him at seventh in QB value, anticipating him as a fifth- or sixth-rounder.
ezg357

Madera, CA

#20 May 4, 2012
One writer said I wasn’t alone in this opinion. Sports Illustrated correctly projected Mr. Dalton into the second round, noting that he “does not always sense the rush. Does not always throw the ball with proper footwork. Struggles with accuracy on deep throws. Needs to put a lot of effort into his motion to get extra velocity on the ball.” They decided that he might become a serviceable “game manager.” One day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Vikings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your Vikings Draft Board 8 hr eric 152
If Amari Cooper falls to Vikings should they dr... 11 hr Magnum Man II 21
News Favre's No. 4 to be retired Thanksgiving night Thu viking nation 12
Avant's HoF QB Thu Magnum Man II 12
News Reports: Dolphins sign WR Greg Jennings to two-... Thu Kanfan 6
News Game-by-game predictions: Minnesota Vikings Thu Falsified IPs 6
News Vikings Quarterback Teddy Bridgewater Selected ... Apr 22 Falsified IPs 9
More from around the web