Packers Introduce the 'anti-Jared Allen Mullet Offense'

May 5, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: LombardiAve

Protecting Aaron Rodgers on the blindside from players like Jared Allen will be key to the Packers success in 2013.

Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated May 7, 2013

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

What a foolish story.That just opens up Robison and Kevin Williams-Floyd on the other side.
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Bleeds Purple wrote:
What a foolish story.That just opens up Robison and Kevin Williams-Floyd on the other side.
Well maybe it was just a foolish reader or at least you comment was foolish. I think it was supposed to be more funny and light then anything else. But let’s talk about your foolish post.

1. Either KW or Floyd would be "opend up" no matter what happens, left or right side, right? I presume you mean the match up against RG Lang. So of course one will face LG Sitton, not really opening up anything different. Except that is why the Packers want their best Guard on the left side of the line (Rodger’s blind side). It makes sense. I would rather the defense have an advantage on the right side rather than the left side, how about you?

2. Robison already was "open up on the other side" last year against the Pack. He didn’t face Bulaga (out for the year) in either game; he faced rookie back up Barclay both games (Barclay is fighting for the RT job now).

What was your post getting at? The Packers should not make changes to their line? Or their changes won’t matter? Both seem a bit early to “chirp about” don’t you think?

Well never too early to be a WISHFUL THINKER! Keep up the wishful thinking, wishful thinker!
eric

Monroe, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Actually Barclay did a nice job with Run Defense..Pass protection was a bit weak but the guy had only 5 or 6 starts ( including playoffs) and he should improve with that year under his belt. There is a reason why all the Viking fans opened their own thread, the same ole GB sucks,Minn will be great BS
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

eric wrote:
Actually Barclay did a nice job with Run Defense..Pass protection was a bit weak but the guy had only 5 or 6 starts ( including playoffs) and he should improve with that year under his belt. There is a reason why all the Viking fans opened their own thread, the same ole GB sucks,Minn will be great BS
He did do a nice job, actually a great job especially as an undrafted rookie! He still needs to improve (more on pass protection) but a nice start to his NFL career. I really liked his run blocking and hope he can win the open RT job.
eric

Monroe, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Me as well. Although,i believe if Sherrod is healthy,hes the RT and Barclay moves to RG and YES ahead of Lang.Ive read,hes bulked up 10lbs in the offseason.
I would love Bulaga, Sitton, Center not EDS,Barclay,Sherrod/Datko ( L to R)
Bulaga is not a run blocker but solid pass protector hence LT,Sitton is one of the best guards in the game,hence Leftside ( what took Mc. so long to make this move).Barclay should improve run and pass, they should be ok,,UNLESS Barclay can play Center,then put Lang back at RG,Barclay at Center and EDS is depth at C and both Guards.

“Expect No Mercy”

Since: Jun 09

Pensacola, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

eric wrote:
Actually eric, I do aknowledge that the packers are a good team, but as a viking fan you know its natural to smack talk... rivalry and and all that other happy horses**t. My dad was a packer fan, so I cant bring myself to tear them down too much, lol. With the supposed improvement of the vikes receivers, and the supposed improvement of gb's running game, we may be looking at a more evenly matched rivalry? Perhaps more back to the days of a deciding field goal for the win. Vikes Walsh vs gb's Crosby, vikes may have the edge on that one.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
Well maybe it was just a foolish reader or at least you comment was foolish. I think it was supposed to be more funny and light then anything else. But let’s talk about your foolish post.
1. Either KW or Floyd would be "opend up" no matter what happens, left or right side, right? I presume you mean the match up against RG Lang. So of course one will face LG Sitton, not really opening up anything different. Except that is why the Packers want their best Guard on the left side of the line (Rodger’s blind side). It makes sense. I would rather the defense have an advantage on the right side rather than the left side, how about you?
2. Robison already was "open up on the other side" last year against the Pack. He didn’t face Bulaga (out for the year) in either game; he faced rookie back up Barclay both games (Barclay is fighting for the RT job now).
What was your post getting at? The Packers should not make changes to their line? Or their changes won’t matter? Both seem a bit early to “chirp about” don’t you think?
Well never too early to be a WISHFUL THINKER! Keep up the wishful thinking, wishful thinker!
Youre wrong there.If you move Bulaga to left tackle and Sitton to left guard they will not be facing Kevin Williams or Floyd unless Floyd takes over for Guion.Kevin Williams doesnt play next to Jared Allen.Its Guion and the rotation with Fred Evans.Kevin Williams plays between Guion and Robison.Which would now be youre weakside.So thats youre wishful thinking.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Although maybe youre right cause theyd be open even with Bulaga at right tackle.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
He did do a nice job, actually a great job especially as an undrafted rookie! He still needs to improve (more on pass protection) but a nice start to his NFL career. I really liked his run blocking and hope he can win the open RT job.
What do you mean he did a good job.You had 51 sacks tops of all 32 teams.Plus you had one of the poorest running games.Youre best running back Green was #38...3.4 yards per carry....http://espn.go.com/nf l/statistics/player/_/stat/rus hing/sort/rushingYards

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

eric wrote:
Me as well. Although,i believe if Sherrod is healthy,hes the RT and Barclay moves to RG and YES ahead of Lang.Ive read,hes bulked up 10lbs in the offseason.
I would love Bulaga, Sitton, Center not EDS,Barclay,Sherrod/Datko ( L to R)
Bulaga is not a run blocker but solid pass protector hence LT,Sitton is one of the best guards in the game,hence Leftside ( what took Mc. so long to make this move).Barclay should improve run and pass, they should be ok,,UNLESS Barclay can play Center,then put Lang back at RG,Barclay at Center and EDS is depth at C and both Guards.
Datko is on the practice squad.LMAO
eric

Monroe, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Recovering from a shoulder injury,developing nad bulking up,but,coming from a trash talker who couldnt beat the Packers when it counted,well....
40 by Any Other Name

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

eric wrote:
Recovering from a shoulder injury,developing nad bulking up,but,coming from a trash talker who couldnt beat the Packers when it counted,well....
Hi Eric,
You and Purple got a history?
Anyway, with Webb at QB, we had no chance. I'd bet on the Vikings at Lambeau without Rodgers.
Thompson filled some holes in this draft, the bevy of late round receivers should be interesting to keep an eye on. I have a question for you: Why are the Packers fighting the injury bug every year? Including the miracle season of 2010, to me at least it seems the Packers are playing with a ton of players who are replacing starters. Is it the intensity McCarthy instills which promotes injuries, or is it bad physical preparation, or something else?
Hope you and your loved ones are doing well
eric

Monroe, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Hey 40 by A.O.N.
IMHO ( no real fact,again,just my opinion) they are injured every year because they need a new Strength and conditioning routine or coach. They are always near the top in youngest but always near the top in injuries.
I agree with Webb you didnt have as much as you would have with Ponder for sure,but on the other side,do you expect another 2K season from Adrian Peterson? hes a tremendous back and one of my favorite players,that SOB brings it but 2K 2 straight seasons?
Between a few good picks this year and some guys like Perry, Manning and a few coming back,they should be fine.From what ive read about Datone Jones,this kid should be the real thing.A quick pass rusher on the same side as Mathews with Perry on the other side should help the pass rush and i cant imagine they wont be more effective vs the option offense and ironically SF and Washington are game 1 and 2,so they better be ready for it and TT drafted accordingly ( on paper at least) quicker and stronger.Hope you and your loved ones are doing well also,,all my best!
eric

Monroe, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Bleeds Purple wrote:
Although maybe youre right cause theyd be open even with Bulaga at right tackle.
Either way anyone looks at it, with Rodgers being a RH qb,your best pass protector needs to be a LT and thats Bulaga,Newhouse had 2 seasons to prove himself and it didnt work out to well.Sitton also moving to the other guard puts 2 best olinemen on the left.
Minn puts Allen on DE right ( Minn.right,GB left) so Jared vs Bulaga and whoever sits next to Allen will have Sitton.
Robison vs RT ( maybe Sherrod, maybe Barclay,maybe Datko, maybe the rookie from Colorado)
Datko a late 1st early 2nd round talent,fell to late because of a shoulder injury and needed to bulk up and from what ive read,hes progressed nicely on both fronts so you never know..
If i had to guess,id say Barclay at RT ( unless Sherrod is 100%)then Sherrod is it and Barclay just may start at RG over Lang
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Bleeds Purple wrote:
<quoted text>What do you mean he did a good job.You had 51 sacks tops of all 32 teams.Plus you had one of the poorest running games.Youre best running back Green was #38...3.4 yards per carry....http://espn.go.com/nf l/statistics/player/_/stat/rus hing/sort/rushingYards
Wow. I remember thinking last year that the Vikings had nowhere to go but up from that 3-13 record from the prior season. I was right. After your comments, I have to believe that the Packer offense has nowhere to go but up this season. THANKS!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••