Your Vikings Superbowl dream scenario

Your Vikings Superbowl dream scenario

There are 81 comments on the The Daily Norseman story from Jun 5, 2013, titled Your Vikings Superbowl dream scenario. In it, The Daily Norseman reports that:

Well its June, you know what that means! Only 3 more months of waiting for the regular season to start! Title says it all.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Norseman.

viking nation

Madera, CA

#21 Jun 8, 2013
Im talking about WINS not who has the strongest arm & Cam has had the players to make him a winner but he hasn't won & Ponder won with out the receivers Cam has I am not talking about yards per- game or total yards at the end of a season I am talking about who has won,( the bottom line Wins.) Cam Newton had better receivers then Ponder in Steve Smith , Ted Ginn Jr. TE Greg Olsen & the Panthers front line is solid with all pro center Ryan Kalil your all wrong saying it isn't. The Panthers might not have Peterson but they do have two backs that put up over a 1,000 yards in DeAngelo Williams & Jonathan Stewart, Sorry but I dont think the case is closed.
viking nation

Madera, CA

#22 Jun 8, 2013
I guess I should say if I think Cam is a better QB over all Yes I do think he is but Cam lost more games then he won & a lot of the losses was because of something he did. If you had you pick Cam or Ponder to win a game for you Cam with all the numbers he has put up hasn't showed he is a winner up to this point anyway.

“FORUMS LONGEST POSTING MEMBER ”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#23 Jun 9, 2013
viking nation wrote:
I guess I should say if I think Cam is a better QB over all Yes I do think he is but Cam lost more games then he won & a lot of the losses was because of something he did. If you had you pick Cam or Ponder to win a game for you Cam with all the numbers he has put up hasn't showed he is a winner up to this point anyway.
Stop listening to to Pundits. Winning QB's win because of team. I don't think you understand football. Without the best back in NFL history Ponder would have won 5 games last year benched and we would have drafted a QB in Aprils draft.

Newton carried the Panthers offense and has had statistically the best first two season in NFL history. Don't know how you can compare Newton and Ponder. We can compare Newton with Luck, RG3, Kaepernick and Wilson.

We compare Ponder to Sanchez, Locker and Gabbert.

Tim Tebow's team won games and made the playoffs just like Ponder, I don't want him as my QB.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#24 Jun 9, 2013
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>Stop listening to to Pundits. Winning QB's win because of team. I don't think you understand football. Without the best back in NFL history Ponder would have won 5 games last year benched and we would have drafted a QB in Aprils draft.
Newton carried the Panthers offense and has had statistically the best first two season in NFL history. Don't know how you can compare Newton and Ponder. We can compare Newton with Luck, RG3, Kaepernick and Wilson.
We compare Ponder to Sanchez, Locker and Gabbert.
Tim Tebow's team won games and made the playoffs just like Ponder, I don't want him as my QB.
Thats who I compare Ponder to, is Sanchez. Just good enough to fool you for awhile. A good game here and there to make you think he can become a good QB. But it boils down to inconsistency. I hope they dont fool around with Ponder as long as the Jets did with Sanchez..........
viking nation

Madera, CA

#25 Jun 9, 2013
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>Stop listening to to Pundits. Winning QB's win because of team. I don't think you understand football. Without the best back in NFL history Ponder would have won 5 games last year benched and we would have drafted a QB in Aprils draft.
Newton carried the Panthers offense and has had statistically the best first two season in NFL history. Don't know how you can compare Newton and Ponder. We can compare Newton with Luck, RG3, Kaepernick and Wilson.
We compare Ponder to Sanchez, Locker and Gabbert.
Tim Tebow's team won games and made the playoffs just like Ponder, I don't want him as my QB.
I am going on win loss record only. I have said myself If you look at Ponder's yards per game he looks a lot like Tim Tebow. Newton has a good team. Its Newton making bad decisions for the reason of a lot of the losses. Newton isn't a game manager, Sure he puts up alot of yards Per Game but he has had the receivers. Smith is one of the best receivers in the game today. QB Luck a winner QB RG3 a winner Wilson a winner Kaepernick a winner Newton a loser Ponder like I said is a game manager & a winner even if he don't have the yards Per Game we would like to see, What matters at the end of a game is who got the win in the win column. I really can care less how pretty it was. Ask Denver fans if Tebow would have took them to the super bowl & won if they would have cared how many yards Per Game he put up.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#26 Jun 10, 2013
viking nation wrote:
<quoted text>I am going on win loss record only. I have said myself If you look at Ponder's yards per game he looks a lot like Tim Tebow. Newton has a good team. Its Newton making bad decisions for the reason of a lot of the losses. Newton isn't a game manager, Sure he puts up alot of yards Per Game but he has had the receivers. Smith is one of the best receivers in the game today. QB Luck a winner QB RG3 a winner Wilson a winner Kaepernick a winner Newton a loser Ponder like I said is a game manager & a winner even if he don't have the yards Per Game we would like to see, What matters at the end of a game is who got the win in the win column. I really can care less how pretty it was. Ask Denver fans if Tebow would have took them to the super bowl & won if they would have cared how many yards Per Game he put up.
I think Frazier is the game manager......

Hand the ball off to peterson 30-35 times and dont give Ponder the chance to lose the game..........

Since: Dec 06

Spring Hill, FL

#27 Jun 10, 2013
It is a known fact,Minnesota asked Ponder to carry the team in the EARLY going last season.Peterson was returning from a devastating injury and was on a carry limitation.
The stats through at least 6 games confirm such.Ponder carried well and the stats back it up.He was the Qb through an undefeated final 4 games,by then,Minnesota was committed to getting Peterson the record.
Spielman has drafted beautifully.I'll wait and see,but Ponder looks very good so far.If not,there are plenty of college Qb's coming out in the next draft.
Anybody can game center the 1st 6 games in 2012,Ponder was stellar and beat some good teams as well,and in is 1st full season,which actually means something.1st full season.

Since: Dec 06

Spring Hill, FL

#28 Jun 10, 2013
Furthermore,Ponder was the last NFL starter to throw an interception,it was as least game 5.
In mid season,he had a knee injury perhaps that slowed him up.Maybe getting married was a distraction,maybe losing his best receiver Harvin for the final7 or 8 games.Who knows?But he finished in style.

Since: Dec 06

Spring Hill, FL

#29 Jun 10, 2013
And a note on Qb comparisons,present NFL and college Qb's coming out.
When Minnesota hired their present OC,he wanted 2 TE sets and a strong ground game.Not a vertical game.
Ponder was drafted after these known facts.Ponder was drafted to be that type of Qb.,with a bomb here and there.Of course receivers would help.
So if your comparing this to that,best to bring in the whole picture, folks.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#30 Jun 10, 2013
Well he's out of excuses now. He has Jennings and the #2 WR off the board, the coaches are once again bragging on Simpson and Jarius wright looked good towards the end of the year, not to mention Rudolph..........

The marriage thing was just weird and ill timed. JMO..........
viking nation

Madera, CA

#31 Jun 10, 2013
Well I got say Avant Childress just closed this argument. "nice post"
viking nation

Madera, CA

#32 Jun 10, 2013
Hay Avant you actually had someone agreeing with you lol just kidding guy, by now you know I mean no ill will to anyone. I am a football junkie & sometimes my opinion isn't that of the average fan like your self.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#35 Jun 10, 2013
Childress wrote:
Furthermore,Ponder was the last NFL starter to throw an interception,it was as least game 5.
In mid season,he had a knee injury perhaps that slowed him up.Maybe getting married was a distraction,maybe losing his best receiver Harvin for the final7 or 8 games.Who knows?But he finished in style.
He did a good job and had not much for targets down field.

Just watch the running game pick up now that we can stretch the field a bit.

Should be a fun year.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#36 Jun 10, 2013
Childress wrote:
And a note on Qb comparisons,present NFL and college Qb's coming out.
When Minnesota hired their present OC,he wanted 2 TE sets and a strong ground game.Not a vertical game.
Ponder was drafted after these known facts.Ponder was drafted to be that type of Qb.,with a bomb here and there.Of course receivers would help.
So if your comparing this to that,best to bring in the whole picture, folks.
Yes the Vikings are no longer running a three deep offense.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#37 Jun 10, 2013
viking nation wrote:
Well I got say Avant Childress just closed this argument. "nice post"
I disagree, the arguement isnt closed till Ponder does something consistently on the field. To this point he hasnt done it.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#38 Jun 10, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Frazier is a good coach. Dungy (former Gopher QB) taught him well and called the Viking and told then to make Frazier their head coach, "trust me it's who you need."
I agree. I give the credit to Frazier as to why they won last year way more then Ponder

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#39 Jun 10, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree, the arguement isnt closed till Ponder does something consistently on the field. To this point he hasnt done it.
I'll just add that it takes a team effort to win. If your going to compare qb's you have to compare the stats. There are just to many variables to compare wins.

“FORUMS LONGEST POSTING MEMBER ”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#40 Jun 10, 2013
viking nation wrote:
Hay Avant you actually had someone agreeing with you lol just kidding guy, by now you know I mean no ill will to anyone. I am a football junkie & sometimes my opinion isn't that of the average fan like your self.
People who agree with me run football teams. Doesn't matter if someone agrees or disagrees with my opinion I'm secure with my knowledge of the NFL and have been proven right since 2006 as one of the first members of Topix Minnesota Vikings MY EGO SAYS.

“FORUMS LONGEST POSTING MEMBER ”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#41 Jun 10, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
He did a good job and had not much for targets down field.
Just watch the running game pick up now that we can stretch the field a bit.
Should be a fun year.
How can the running game pick up any more than what our hall of fame back did last year? Ponder's job is to stay healthy which he has never done in his football career. It's play well or Tebow time for Ponder, CUT free-agent out of the street BEGGING for a 3rd string job behind Ryan Mallett.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#42 Jun 10, 2013
Rider on the Storm wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. I give the credit to Frazier as to why they won last year way more then Ponder
We're lucky we have him. I can see a lot of Dungy and Bud Grant in the way he runs things.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Vikings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It's back.................... 1 hr Space ace 3
Vikings Vs. Eagles Predictions 1 hr Space ace 6
News NFL notes: Jets' Anderson faces numerous charges 9 hr Magnum fartbrady 2
Why do the Vikings suck so much balls? (May '17) 10 hr SFB phartz 35
On To The Championship........ 11 hr SFB phart 32
Cam Newton Sat SFB pharte 61
News Former Minnesota Vikings assistant fired by the... Sat SFB Phart 8
More from around the web