Since: Dec 06

Pinellas Park, FL

#1 May 7, 2012
11:00EST,they start debating before they vote.ProFootballTalk has a link,if you want to watch it live.
If the vote fails and Minnesota decides to move,they retain all rights,including their name(Vikings).It's because in part,they exhausted all avenues,for years now and Minnesota failed them.It's not what happened in Cle/Balt.That story was in the Daily Norsemen months ago,reference it,if possible.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#2 May 7, 2012
A bigger day for the Minnesota Vikings may have never transpired.

Since: Dec 06

Pinellas Park, FL

#3 May 7, 2012
Bye bye Minnesota.
The house wants the Vikings to pay another 105 million.
Wilf is pissed.
I would already be packing if I owned the team.

Since: Mar 07

Denver, CO

#4 May 7, 2012
wow watching the debate, what a waste of time... These people get paid for this crap???

Since: Mar 07

Denver, CO

#5 May 7, 2012
I agree with you Childress, it is not looking good.
MN is too worried about welfare and socialism! Half of the talk is about "how will poor people watch the game" Who cares they don't pay taxes anyway! Sorry, just the way it is.. You want something work for it, don't expect it for free, that is why MN is broke by handing out everything for free for those who won't work.
There is a reason the Stars and Lakers moved!
what a joke, just move Vikings!
ezg357

Madera, CA

#6 May 7, 2012
The People of Minnesota dont deserve a NFL team if they vote this down Once the team packs up & heads out of state the people will see just how much this team gives to the state They dont want to pay higher taxes for a New Stadium There going to end up paying higher taxes anyway. The Vikings give to the schools the state & charitys around town A lot of local jobs lost. A higher Unemployment rate There taxes are going to go up anyway.The Republicans has everyone saying I dont want my taxes to go higher Well Surprise there going up even if the team leaves town. & so many local jobs will be lost The commissioner has said no expansion team will be added The People of Minnesota should be happy with what they got Because its the last NFL team they will see come to Minnesota

Since: Dec 06

Pinellas Park, FL

#7 May 7, 2012
TRPE wrote:
I agree with you Childress, it is not looking good.
MN is too worried about welfare and socialism! Half of the talk is about "how will poor people watch the game" Who cares they don't pay taxes anyway! Sorry, just the way it is.. You want something work for it, don't expect it for free, that is why MN is broke by handing out everything for free for those who won't work.
There is a reason the Stars and Lakers moved!
what a joke, just move Vikings!
In 2005,I was at Minn.home opener against Tampa in Minn.of course.I also caught their 2006 opener against Carolina,Blaine,may have been the talk for that one.
Anyway,they were talking about moving to Blaine,for about the same cost as now.
2005 or 2006 and now 2012 in the midnight hour they want to change what their voting on??????????What a bunch of losers,I'd vote them all out on that alone.NFL has already said it's to late to change the rules.
Wilf should counter with a much tougher deal if they want to play that game.I would.

Since: Dec 06

Pinellas Park, FL

#8 May 7, 2012
ezg357 wrote:
The People of Minnesota dont deserve a NFL team if they vote this down Once the team packs up & heads out of state the people will see just how much this team gives to the state They dont want to pay higher taxes for a New Stadium There going to end up paying higher taxes anyway. The Vikings give to the schools the state & charitys around town A lot of local jobs lost. A higher Unemployment rate There taxes are going to go up anyway.The Republicans has everyone saying I dont want my taxes to go higher Well Surprise there going up even if the team leaves town. & so many local jobs will be lost The commissioner has said no expansion team will be added The People of Minnesota should be happy with what they got Because its the last NFL team they will see come to Minnesota
What I read and posted last week or so,was the tax would be 1 quarter,.25 cents for every 100.00 earned.Equates to 125.00 per 50,000 earned or work backwards if you earn less and forward if you earn more.
That's nothing.
Leonard Tose (sp) when he owned the Eagles talked of moving to Phoenix before they had a team,us Philly people quickly got off the toilet bowl.Recently,Philly and Pittsburgh got new baseball and football stadiums.Philly is big,but Pittsburgh is about the size of Minneapolis.
Minnesota has got to be crazy.Push has come to shove and Minn.is talking real stupid.
Harry

Park River, ND

#9 May 7, 2012
Childress wrote:
<quoted text>What I read and posted last week or so,was the tax would be 1 quarter,.25 cents for every 100.00 earned.Equates to 125.00 per 50,000 earned or work backwards if you earn less and forward if you earn more.
That's nothing.
Leonard Tose (sp) when he owned the Eagles talked of moving to Phoenix before they had a team,us Philly people quickly got off the toilet bowl.Recently,Philly and Pittsburgh got new baseball and football stadiums.Philly is big,but Pittsburgh is about the size of Minneapolis.
Minnesota has got to be crazy.Push has come to shove and Minn.is talking real stupid.
I've been following all this on KFAN.

I gotta say......an amendment to make the Vikings pay more is not what I expected. This, my friend, really sucks.

Zigi and the NFL want a vote, on the original terms, up or down. They already said any other action will be seen as a "no".

This is pathetic.

Since: Dec 06

Pinellas Park, FL

#10 May 7, 2012
Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been following all this on KFAN.
I gotta say......an amendment to make the Vikings pay more is not what I expected. This, my friend, really sucks.
Zigi and the NFL want a vote, on the original terms, up or down. They already said any other action will be seen as a "no".
This is pathetic.
The vote just passed.

Since: Dec 06

Pinellas Park, FL

#11 May 7, 2012
Not sure,what's included,as I put it on as they voted,passed something like 73/58 and we needed like 67.
So we'll see what they voted on in the morning,hopefully that 105 million increase is out and it was a straight up yes or no.
ezg357

Madera, CA

#12 May 7, 2012
Childress wrote:
<quoted text>What I read and posted last week or so,was the tax would be 1 quarter,.25 cents for every 100.00 earned.Equates to 125.00 per 50,000 earned or work backwards if you earn less and forward if you earn more.
That's nothing.
Leonard Tose (sp) when he owned the Eagles talked of moving to Phoenix before they had a team,us Philly people quickly got off the toilet bowl.Recently,Philly and Pittsburgh got new baseball and football stadiums.Philly is big,but Pittsburgh is about the size of Minneapolis.
Minnesota has got to be crazy.Push has come to shove and Minn.is talking real stupid.
I totally agree
ezg357

Madera, CA

#13 May 7, 2012
I am keeping my fingers crossed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Vikings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Running Backs 46 min Magnum Man II 14
Vikings waive Ot J'Marcus Webb 20 hr Waived Farter 6
Vikings at Dolphins 21 hr eric 5
Vikings at Lions 21 hr eric 21
Teddy, Vikings Right on Track Dec 17 GBPmies 2
Minnesota Vikings Should Try to Trade Cordarrel... Dec 14 Farterson 8
Darren Sharper Indicted on Rape Charges: Latest... Dec 14 Tes Ticles 3
More from around the web