Christian Ponder Has Shot at Redemption Against the Packers

Dec 26, 2012 Full story: TheVikingAge 29

Dec 23, 2012; Houston, TX, USA; Minnesota Vikings quarterback Christian Ponder scrambles from Houston Texans during the fourth quarter at Reliant Stadium.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#1 Dec 27, 2012
He also has a shot at making a total fool of himself.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#3 Dec 31, 2012
vikeman12 wrote:
<quoted text>Like Cutler?
You better buy your superbowl package while you still can. GL next weekend, take out GB

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#4 Dec 31, 2012
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>You better buy your superbowl package while you still can. GL next weekend, take out GB
It was beautiful, beating down the chest pounding packers and ending the bEarS season all at once.
Now, to do it in dead horse bay is the next challenge for this very confident team.
eric

Poseyville, IN

#5 Jan 1, 2013
Easier said then done though and we will see in a few days i suspect.Good luck to you and all the Viking fans!
Hope you all have a very Happy New Year,a safe New Year and enjoy your respective families!

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Craigville

#6 Jan 1, 2013
eric wrote:
Easier said then done though and we will see in a few days i suspect.Good luck to you and all the Viking fans!
Hope you all have a very Happy New Year,a safe New Year and enjoy your respective families!
We'll need some breaks to win for sure. Sacks, fumbles, interceptions, timely penalties, plus Ponder playing a flawless game.......
What are the odds of that happening?
Happy New Year to you as well Eric!

Chance of snow and a game time temp of around 22F, wind about 9mph.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#7 Jan 1, 2013
I have no confidence in our franchise QB in green bay. I'm not going to be a hypocrite like most Vikings fans one week looking for a new QB for next year now dreaming that he's doing a good job.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Craigville

#8 Jan 1, 2013
I'm going to give credit where credit is due.
Ponder was 16 of 28, 234 yards, 3 TD's and a 120.2 QB rating.
Only three blind mice can't see that Ponder did a Wonderful job.
Go eat cheese
eric

Poseyville, IN

#9 Jan 1, 2013
Ponder did a great job! Granted i haven't watched the Vikes ( except for GB and 1 game vs Det) so i havent seen a whole lot,
that said.
I wonder ( for the Vikes sake) if Ponder can do it in a playoff atmosphere on the road? He did it at home with their butts against the wall,now, he gets to try it on the road vs an opponent they beat less then a week before,both will be tough.
I agree 40,the Vikes will need some Turnovers.Its prob going to be fumbles as AR just doesnt throw to many INTs,unless they can strip him like they did last game.
GB falls in that same category.They have to pickoff Ponder or strip a WR,kick returner ect as AP doesn't fumble a whole lot either.
eric

Poseyville, IN

#10 Jan 1, 2013
Avant wrote:
I have no confidence in our franchise QB in green bay. I'm not going to be a hypocrite like most Vikings fans one week looking for a new QB for next year now dreaming that he's doing a good job.
ITs not being a hypocrite looking for your qb to do a nice job.He played terrific last weekend,They are just looking for a repeat or near repeat performance.Going to be tough,a playoff game on the road vs a rival,but, certainly possible,especially if the Packers dont tackle and put some helmets on Adrian Peterson.He will get his,just hit the man and hit him again,gang tackle him and play 1 on 1 with Minn WR and hope for the best.
eric

Poseyville, IN

#11 Jan 1, 2013
40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll need some breaks to win for sure. Sacks, fumbles, interceptions, timely penalties, plus Ponder playing a flawless game.......
What are the odds of that happening?
Happy New Year to you as well Eric!
Chance of snow and a game time temp of around 22F, wind about 9mph.
If your weather call is proven true,thats not to bad.Bad weather favors the running team.I was glad to see Harris had 14 carries for 70 yards,exactly a 5 per carry average and nothing huge so he was fairly consistent.Nothing spectacular but solid and if Alex Green can play and contribute that would certainly help and the weather doesnt seem to bad to throw in either.Happy New Year.
Watching the Badgers and hoping Wis.becomes the 2nd BigTen to win a bowl game,the Big Ten has sucked so far 1-5 I believe but Stanford is damn tough, but its 17-14 Stanford at this point,early mid 3rd,so lots of football left.

Location hidden

#12 Jan 1, 2013
40for60 wrote:
I'm going to give credit where credit is due.
Ponder was 16 of 28, 234 yards, 3 TD's and a 120.2 QB rating.
Only three blind mice can't see that Ponder did a Wonderful job.
Go eat cheese
Ponder played well but if it takes 200 yards a game from the greatest back of all time foe Ponder to win we won't win many games.

Magnum Man says he doesn't care if we win saturday the season was a success. We have a one man offense and that's a succes in Magnam Man eyes which makes me puke.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Craigville

#13 Jan 1, 2013
eric wrote:
<quoted text>If your weather call is proven true,thats not to bad.Bad weather favors the running team.I was glad to see Harris had 14 carries for 70 yards,exactly a 5 per carry average and nothing huge so he was fairly consistent.Nothing spectacular but solid and if Alex Green can play and contribute that would certainly help and the weather doesnt seem to bad to throw in either.Happy New Year.
Watching the Badgers and hoping Wis.becomes the 2nd BigTen to win a bowl game,the Big Ten has sucked so far 1-5 I believe but Stanford is damn tough, but its 17-14 Stanford at this point,early mid 3rd,so lots of football left.
I'll be at the game, picked up a decent seat. All hotels are booked up in GB, found a bargain in Wausau.
You going?
eric

Poseyville, IN

#14 Jan 1, 2013
Unfortunately,NO,I wish i could though! It would have been cool to run into you and have a beer with ya! Of course what the chance of that happening with 70K folks but....Hope you have a great time,Lambeau Field is a beautiful place.Just dont have to good a time,that would mean Minnesota won!:)
eric

Poseyville, IN

#15 Jan 1, 2013
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>Ponder played well but if it takes 200 yards a game from the greatest back of all time foe Ponder to win we won't win many games.
Magnum Man says he doesn't care if we win saturday the season was a success. We have a one man offense and that's a succes in Magnam Man eyes which makes me puke.
On one hand 3-13 to 10-6 is a tremendous job!On the other hand,making the playoffs and losing to GreenBay would be harsh if your a Viking fan.
eric

Poseyville, IN

#16 Jan 1, 2013
I expect Jennings and Finley will have a big game.Cobb should help Jennings out big and Finley claims he wants to stay in GB and since the word got out that GB will trade or cut Finley,he has played much better,someone lite the fire under his ass and hes playing but it may be to late to save his job in Green Bay.
Jennings,well, this is his last playoff run as a Packer IMO,Unless, he doesnt get that big contract he expects and he signs for the 9M hes getting now,( this is a guess,but, since Jackson in Philly got 11M per year,im fiquring Jennings is looking for more per)

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Craigville

#17 Jan 1, 2013
eric wrote:
Unfortunately,NO,I wish i could though! It would have been cool to run into you and have a beer with ya! Of course what the chance of that happening with 70K folks but....Hope you have a great time,Lambeau Field is a beautiful place.Just dont have to good a time,that would mean Minnesota won!:)
I would have found time for you Eric, I'll get there early to soak it all in(except the beer that is).
Try to enjoy a packer defeat this Saturday, I know I will, lol.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#18 Jan 2, 2013
40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll be at the game, picked up a decent seat. All hotels are booked up in GB, found a bargain in Wausau.
You going?
Awesome.........I'm jealous. Have a great time!
eric

Poseyville, IN

#19 Jan 2, 2013
40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would have found time for you Eric, I'll get there early to soak it all in(except the beer that is).
Try to enjoy a packer defeat this Saturday, I know I will, lol.
That would have been cool, to meet you and shoot the breeze.I would have looked forward to it for sure!
Enjoy the Packer defeat? How we dream young man? how we dream? lol
Have a great time.
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#20 Jan 2, 2013
40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
You going?
How far is it from Green Bay to Wausau?
A 12 pack?

Location hidden

#21 Jan 2, 2013
eric wrote:
<quoted text>On one hand 3-13 to 10-6 is a tremendous job!On the other hand,making the playoffs and losing to GreenBay would be harsh if your a Viking fan.
We have a one man offense. Going from 3-13 to 10-6 all on Peterson back is tremendous. Our quarterback is horrendous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Vikings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Running Backs 1 hr Stubby 12
Vikings waive Ot J'Marcus Webb 7 hr Waived Farter 6
Vikings at Dolphins 8 hr eric 5
Vikings at Lions 8 hr eric 21
Teddy, Vikings Right on Track Wed GBPmies 2
Minnesota Vikings Should Try to Trade Cordarrel... Dec 14 Farterson 8
Darren Sharper Indicted on Rape Charges: Latest... Dec 14 Tes Ticles 3
More from around the web