Jermichael Finley Tweet Sets Off Viki...

Jermichael Finley Tweet Sets Off Vikings Speculation

There are 235 comments on the TheVikingAge story from May 25, 2014, titled Jermichael Finley Tweet Sets Off Vikings Speculation. In it, TheVikingAge reports that:

Oct 20, 2013; Green Bay, WI, USA; Green Bay Packers tight end Jermichael Finley celebrates a play during the first quarter against the Cleveland Browns at Lambeau Field.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TheVikingAge.

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
viking nation

Madera, CA

#1 May 25, 2014
Could be Finley is in twin cities only because theres nothing to do in Green Bay :) If the guy isn't a 100% why would we want him, It's not like he's The Gonk
Janitor

Cypress, CA

#2 May 26, 2014
viking nation wrote:
Could be Finley is in twin cities only because theres nothing to do in Green Bay :) If the guy isn't a 100% why would we want him, It's not like he's The Gonk
Probably just a spelling error but I think yo meant the "Gronk" vice Gonk, referring to Rob Gronkowski of the Patriots.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#3 May 26, 2014
The Vikings recently lost their best wide receiver, pass rusher and one of the better backup RBs in football. The best way to make up for those losses is to sign a TE that drops passes! ROFLMAO
eric

Verona, WI

#4 May 26, 2014
As long as Finley is a back up to Rudolph, thats not bad,or if they played a 2 TE set,thats not bad either since they arent really that deep at WR,,besides Patterson and Jennings,they have a few decent guys but maybe a 2 TE set would be a nice change of pace.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#5 May 26, 2014
Im pretty high on Chase Ford after seeing him last year.Also Rhett Allison seems to catch the ball fine.Reisner hasnt shown a whole lot.Leonard has a pretty good resume.Finley is just to much of a risk.We dont really need him.

Location hidden

#6 May 26, 2014
GBPfan wrote:
The Vikings recently lost their best wide receiver, pass rusher and one of the better backup RBs in football. The best way to make up for those losses is to sign a TE that drops passes! ROFLMAO
Are you still hung up on Jared Allen and Harvin.We have one of the leagues best kickoff returners in Cordarell Patterson and one of the leagues best punt returners in Marcus Sherels.Kick returns were Harvins strong suit.Harvins beat up and now he has bad hips.Wheres this big loss youre talking about?Jared Allen is showing his age and is pretty much just a pure pass rusher now.Not good against the run or pass protection.With Everson Griffen and Cory Wooten we upgraded at the position.Gerhart is a beast but we drafted a running back..Jerick Mckinnon and we still have Matt Asiata who was adequate when Gerhart and Peterson were out.The Packers are going to miss James Jones,Dietrich Smith,Marshall Newhouse,and M.D. Jennings more.
eric

Verona, WI

#7 May 27, 2014
Marshall Newhouse barely played if at all last year as he was that bad,MD Jennings lost his starting job after the first few games and barely saw time after that..EDS was average at best and they drafted a pure center.Jones maybe?
They drafted Adams out of Fresno State who led the nation in Receptions last year and dont forget as good as Adams will be,having a QB like Rodgers makes everyone that much better
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#8 May 27, 2014
Bleeds Purple wrote:
<quoted text>Are you still hung up on Jared Allen and Harvin.We have one of the leagues best kickoff returners in Cordarell Patterson and one of the leagues best punt returners in Marcus Sherels.Kick returns were Harvins strong suit.Harvins beat up and now he has bad hips.Wheres this big loss youre talking about?Jared Allen is showing his age and is pretty much just a pure pass rusher now.Not good against the run or pass protection.With Everson Griffen and Cory Wooten we upgraded at the position.Gerhart is a beast but we drafted a running back..Jerick Mckinnon and we still have Matt Asiata who was adequate when Gerhart and Peterson were out.The Packers are going to miss James Jones,Dietrich Smith,Marshall Newhouse,and M.D. Jennings more.
Are you still hung up on meaningless crap? What trophy do the Vikings win for "one of the leagues best kickoff returners"? I'm just happy your team's management is as clueless as you. I might have to start worrying a little bit if the Vikings cared about winning games. You idiots have been claiming that you have upgraded despite losing your best players. Good luck with that! ROFLMAO
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#9 May 27, 2014
eric wrote:
Marshall Newhouse barely played if at all last year as he was that bad,MD Jennings lost his starting job after the first few games and barely saw time after that..EDS was average at best and they drafted a pure center.Jones maybe?
They drafted Adams out of Fresno State who led the nation in Receptions last year and dont forget as good as Adams will be,having a QB like Rodgers makes everyone that much better
Don't mind the idiot. He doesn't even understand his own team. His stupidity about the Packers is even greater. Jones is the only player that represents a possible significant loss, but he wasn't our best receiver. He wasn't even our second best receiver. And the crop of WRs we drafted may easily make up for his loss. Adams is certainly impressive, but so are Abbrederis and Janis.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#10 May 27, 2014
Our 7th round draft pick Janis had over 400 receptions in his college career, 46 TDs, is 6'3" 219 pounds and runs a 4.4 40. He graded as the second best WR athlete at the combine. He is an amazing athlete and was incredibly productive. That was the 3rd receiver we picked. Abbrederis is said to be a very good route runner and had good success against premier college corners such as Ohio State's Bradley Roby, a first round draft pick by the Denver Broncos. I would be shocked if we don't find a least one rookie to make up for the loss of Jones. And that is to say nothing of Jarrett Boykin who played well last season.
eric

Verona, WI

#11 May 27, 2014
I saw Abbrederis on several occasions over the past few years and he is a hell of a receiver. He can return punts and Kicks as well,so thats a plus.
Janis may be the sleeper of the group.
w/o Cobb,the Packers still have 5 WR over 6 2, over 210 w/good speed.
Between
Nelson Adams,Boykin Abbrederis and Janis thats 5 big WR
I mention that as i would not be shocked of Nelson took a bit less and signed a 5 yr deal wth 8M per and they let Cobb go,,great talent but if Cobb is looking for a huge deal and with who they have, they can use the money somewhere else,,I love Cobb but again.
and none of us mentioned Chris Harper former pick of Seatte from KS. but he m ay be odd man out, I really like Tyrone Walker ( on P.S. last year) and he may be gone as well ( no room) and Myles White as well.,,although if they plan on letting Cobb walk,1 of the 3 mentioned could be kept on the P.S. but again,the way TT and MM find WR,they just may let the others go and find another in next years draft
eric

Verona, WI

#12 May 27, 2014
Our questions now are,,TE ( Quarrless has done ok) but will this kid from Oregon clean up his act and be that 1st or 2nd round talent folks think he is,or will Richard Rodgers be that blocking TE we could use?
RT
WSJ had a real nice article on Chris Adams Tackle on the P.S. 6 4 305-310,,Left Packers squad to sign with Cleveland,then Cleveland cut him to go on their PS.but he chose GB PS instead,,someone to look at seeing as our situation at RT is questionable with Bulaga/Sherrod,,Barclay did a nice job but you need depth.
IF we fix the TE and RT situation,that offense will be tops and if the Defense improves a bit, the Packers are a legit SB contender for sure.the Packers defense ranks low20s upper 30s and if they can improve to higher 20s/ low teens ( which really isnt much) that should be more then good enough and if Rodgers gets injured again,at least Flynn will be there the whole year, not great but the Packers can win with Flynn unlike with Senace Wallace. Tolzien maybe solid in another year or 2 of learning and a year of playing
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#13 May 27, 2014
A good receiving TE certainly would be a bonus. But with the emergence of the run game, blocking may be just as important, or more so.
eric

Verona, WI

#14 May 27, 2014
im wondering if Richard Rodgers is the right pick,i was thinking more like Crocket Gilmore out of Colorado State and Baltimore took him 1 pick after the Packers took Rodgers but we can use some blocking from the TE spot and Finley def. was not one of those.Quarless isnt a real solid blocker either,so maybe RR or the kid from Oregon can block and maybe even for a change of pace run a 2 TE set

Location hidden

#15 May 27, 2014
eric wrote:
Newhouse had versatility and added depth.MD Jennings added depth as well.Adams may be a great reciever but youre still going to have development.I doubt he starts right away.You may have two pure centers but youre still talking rookies that need development.You got lucky with Baktiari starting right away.Wouldnt it be nice if we could draft and just start everybody right away.HA HA.

Location hidden

#16 May 27, 2014
GBPfan wrote:
Our 7th round draft pick Janis had over 400 receptions in his college career, 46 TDs, is 6'3" 219 pounds and runs a 4.4 40. He graded as the second best WR athlete at the combine. He is an amazing athlete and was incredibly productive. That was the 3rd receiver we picked. Abbrederis is said to be a very good route runner and had good success against premier college corners such as Ohio State's Bradley Roby, a first round draft pick by the Denver Broncos. I would be shocked if we don't find a least one rookie to make up for the loss of Jones. And that is to say nothing of Jarrett Boykin who played well last season.
I thought you said before Jeremy Ross was the next great Packers reciever.Now hes with the Lions.I wouldnt count on any of those guys making it.Wishful thinking.The Vikings recievers are proven.I havent seen enough of Boykin to say that.
GBPmies

Finland

#17 May 27, 2014
GBPfan wrote:
A good receiving TE certainly would be a bonus. But with the emergence of the run game, blocking may be just as important, or more so.
Agreed. I would rather have a guy good at both then only great at receiving. Plus Finley was not great at either.... His potential was great.LOL...

Lacy was a beast last year and he will improve even more this year...blocking is where its at!
GBPmies

Finland

#18 May 27, 2014
Bleeds Purple wrote:
<quoted text>I thought you said before Jeremy Ross was the next great Packers reciever.Now hes with the Lions.I wouldnt count on any of those guys making it.Wishful thinking.The Vikings recievers are proven.I havent seen enough of Boykin to say that.
Ross was not a 2nd round pick was he....
you said the same crap about Rhett Elison being great.... Now it is some other TE you have purple hard on for.... What about Carlson last year you were high on?

Boykins pretty muched matched Greg Jennings and Simpson's numbers last year as the Packers #4... But did it with less snaps. Did you see enough of Greg Jennings last year? LMFAO! I was not impressed by Jennings after all of his big talk... Were you? LOL! I bet you were.... But not Boykin... Sure sure that makes sense.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#19 May 27, 2014
Bleeds Purple wrote:
<quoted text>Newhouse had versatility and added depth.MD Jennings added depth as well.Adams may be a great reciever but youre still going to have development.I doubt he starts right away.You may have two pure centers but youre still talking rookies that need development.You got lucky with Baktiari starting right away.Wouldnt it be nice if we could draft and just start everybody right away.HA HA.
Development? How long does that take? I seem to recall Viking fans saying it would take no time for Patterson. ROFLMAO You idiots were wrong ... as always! My guess is that the Packers wont have to wait years for our WRs to develop like the Vikings, because our QB doesn't suck!

BTW imbecile, we have started a new center the last 3 seasons running and won the division every time! ROFLMAO How bad are the Vikings when you pathetic fools have to pin your hopes on our center not performing well?
eric

Verona, WI

#20 May 27, 2014
Bleeds Purple wrote:
<quoted text>Newhouse had versatility and added depth.MD Jennings added depth as well.Adams may be a great reciever but youre still going to have development.I doubt he starts right away.You may have two pure centers but youre still talking rookies that need development.You got lucky with Baktiari starting right away.Wouldnt it be nice if we could draft and just start everybody right away.HA HA.
Unfortuntly,Newhouse turned out to be a revolving door at LT,so thats the type of depth you do not need,,MD Jennings 1 play was the INT that wasnt in Seattle,otherwise he didnt do a whole lot either..Thing is about GB,,TT nad MM have a great knack of finding WR and having Rodgers helps as well. Between Cobb,Nelson and Boykin thats solid and they can actually place Adams,Abbredaris and or Janis in spots
You like the HA HA at the end,well HA HA may be the answer there along with Hyde and if HA HA does start and plays well,that allows Hyde to be depth at FS nad play some Slot corner over or instead of or backup Hayward coming back from the hammy. TT can sign a RT cut off the street after cut day for depth and he will play ( at the very least) as good as Marshall Newhouse did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Vikings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A year after discontent, Adrian Peterson happy ... Wed Magnum Man II 2
News Teddy Bridgewater's development is Vikings' big... May 24 Magnum Man II 2
News Minnesota Vikings: Examining the options at cen... May 24 Magnum Man II 6
News Vikings send another signal that Cordarrelle Pa... May 9 Laughing Bear Fan 9
Draft Thoughts May 3 Magnum Man II 22
News German WR Moritz Boehringer drafted by Vikings May 2 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Shuffling the O Line May 1 Magnum Man II 2
More from around the web