First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Dec 06

Davenport, FL

#1 Jan 26, 2013
We missed Watts by one pick ahead of us,we drafted Ponder.Reference that draft,I see no player after us,that would have been better.

“Zimmer Turner Overdrive”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

#2 Jan 27, 2013

Since: Dec 06

Davenport, FL

#3 Jan 27, 2013
Purple Faithful wrote:
Nothing of note.Plus we needed a Qb.,time will tell on the Qb we chose.

Since: Dec 06

Davenport, FL

#4 Jan 27, 2013
Purple Faithful wrote:
I only looked at rd 1,in the 2nd I see Kapernick was there.Bummer.But mostly i was looking at 1st round to see if we could have had a blue chip.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#5 Jan 27, 2013
We reached for Ponder in the first when better coaching and general manager work would have gotten us Kapernick from Nevada who I had suggested.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#6 Jan 27, 2013
Childress wrote:
<quoted text>I only looked at rd 1,in the 2nd I see Kapernick was there.Bummer.But mostly i was looking at 1st round to see if we could have had a blue chip.
What do you mean WE? You made it known Ponder was your pick. Just because he's floundering and YOUR qb choosing skills have been called into question he was still YOUR pick,

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#7 Jan 27, 2013
Purple Faithful wrote:
Other than Gabbert and Locker the first 11 picks were hits. 12th pick was horrible Fairly, Quinn, Pouncey, Kerrigan seem to be good players.
Harry

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Jan 27, 2013
Avant wrote:
We reached for Ponder in the first when better coaching and general manager work would have gotten us Kapernick from Nevada who I had suggested.
We're going to need to see the archive.

In the meantime, Rodgers, Cam and RG Knee are going to be jealous of your new crush.

Since: Dec 06

Davenport, FL

#9 Jan 27, 2013
troll alert post 5,6,7.

Since: Dec 06

Davenport, FL

#10 Jan 27, 2013
Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
We're going to need to see the archive.
In the meantime, Rodgers, Cam and RG Knee are going to be jealous of your new crush.
Rg will have no cartilage in his knee.Bone on bone.He'll be done sooner rather than later.
Talk about injury prone.The Redskins are on record as being more than concerned.That was a H.Walker deal right there.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#11 Jan 27, 2013
Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
We're going to need to see the archive.
In the meantime, Rodgers, Cam and RG Knee are going to be jealous of your new crush.
Wish we could all have a crush on our franchise assistant game manager Christian Ponder but injuries and inaccurate passes crushes vikings hearts.

2013 is all Ponder has hope we draft his replacement in the 2nd or 3rd round. Drafting a second qb is in now seeing how well it turned out for shanahan.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#12 Jan 27, 2013
Childress wrote:
<quoted text>Rg will have no cartilage in his knee.Bone on bone.He'll be done sooner rather than later.
Talk about injury prone.The Redskins are on record as being more than concerned.That was a H.Walker deal right there.
With no knee cartilage even you would still take RG3 of YOUR assistant Game manager.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#13 Jan 27, 2013
Mike Glennon, E.J. Manuel are my NFL draft sleepers.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#14 Jan 27, 2013
Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
We're going to need to see the archive.
In the meantime, Rodgers, Cam and RG Knee are going to be jealous of your new crush.
Been doing this since 06 you shouldn't be surprised at my success at selecting great players.
Harry

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Jan 27, 2013
Childress wrote:
<quoted text>Rg will have no cartilage in his knee.Bone on bone.He'll be done sooner rather than later.
Talk about injury prone.The Redskins are on record as being more than concerned.That was a H.Walker deal right there.
It was a fun season. Too high a price though.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#16 Jan 27, 2013
Not a good idea fore Peterson playing in pro-bowl.

“Zimmer Turner Overdrive”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

#17 Jan 27, 2013
Childress wrote:
<quoted text>I only looked at rd 1,in the 2nd I see Kapernick was there.Bummer.But mostly i was looking at 1st round to see if we could have had a blue chip.
Both Dalton & Kaepernick we considered as good or better prospects than Ponder. Also, a number of powerful DT's went. What did Ponder show that made him a better prospect than the other two qb's to justify getting selected 30 slots earlier? Why didn't we trade way down? It was a massive reach based on need to take Ponder at 3 - Spielman's specialty, just like he did with Kalil. Kalil had a decent year, gave up 5.5 sacks, struggled with Peppers & Matthews - which would be expected from a non-top 5 rookie. To keep it in perspective, though, Bryant McKinney gave up 4.75 sacks as a rookie & didn't play a last place schedule. Nor was he a top 5 pick. Vikes constantly reach based on need. The offence last year finished 28th in passing. with Kalil, we improved to 31st in passing. Need to stop reaching for passing components when there are better players available.

171 yards per game passing (down from a whopping 185 in 2011). I kid you not. for that, we need an elite left tackle? because of how long it takes to run a wr screen? or flare? or any other names you wanna call a dump pass at the line of scrimmage?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats...

Vikings won a few games because of defense, defensive touchdowns, special teams touchdowns, and less fumbles. That's it. Problem is, those things you really can't plan for - just ask the streaky bears teams of late. you can plan, however, that the vikings in 2013 will not play a last place schedule. i think you can plan not to sweep detroit next year, too, but just my opinion there.(shame schwartz kept his job, but not for us, lol)

“Lying scumbags need not apply”

Since: Jan 08

Yorktown, VA

#18 Jan 27, 2013
Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
We're going to need to see the archive.
In the meantime, Rodgers, Cam and RG Knee are going to be jealous of your new crush.
Don't bother looking. He was banned last spring and disappeared. He never makes any pre-draft statements anyhow about who he wants for the Vikings. Just claims after the fact in his normal delusional manner that he wanted so and so. Proof is in the archives that he wanted Calvin Johnson for months up until the day before the draft when it became apparent that the Lions were taking Johnson. Then he said he wanted Peterson. Meanwhile the real Vikings fans had been on AD's bandwagon for months.
Harry

Los Angeles, CA

#19 Jan 28, 2013
Stubby wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't bother looking. He was banned last spring and disappeared. He never makes any pre-draft statements anyhow about who he wants for the Vikings. Just claims after the fact in his normal delusional manner that he wanted so and so. Proof is in the archives that he wanted Calvin Johnson for months up until the day before the draft when it became apparent that the Lions were taking Johnson. Then he said he wanted Peterson. Meanwhile the real Vikings fans had been on AD's bandwagon for months.
I know I'm not supposed to feed the troll.

Avant makes it too easy.

“Lying scumbags need not apply”

Since: Jan 08

Yorktown, VA

#20 Jan 28, 2013
I did look earlier in the year when Kaepernick came in and guess what I found? You guessed it, nothing. World's Dumbest Football Poster was not on Kaepernick bandwagon or the Luck bandwagon or the Dalton bandwagon etc.. until after they were winning. The only QBs he has touted have been RGIII and scam. You know, the two guys who look flashy but in the end can't win when it matters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Vikings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teddy Bridgewater wins Pepsi Rookie of the Year... 12 hr Magnum Man II 4
Happy 55th BDay MN Vikings Fri Sammy Hagar 3
Authorities To Ramp Up DWI Enforcement Over Sup... Fri Tanked Johnson 1
Josh Gordon Fri Burger King 34
2015 draft and free agency Fri Jimmy the Greek 20
Deflate gate Fri Flat Ballz Foreplay 68
New bike lanes planned for Vikings stadium Jan 28 SearchTheRolls 4
More from around the web