Season over for Vikings' Harvin, placed on IR

Dec 6, 2012 Full story: WTSP-TV Saint Petersburg 31

The Minnesota Vikings decided to place wide receiver Percy Harvin on the injured reserve list on Wednesday, ending his 2012-13 campaign.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
steve-o

Middletown Springs, VT

#1 Dec 6, 2012
Percy is too fragile for the NFL. Each year he gets more fragile and since he has the money he will not want tokeep getting hit.
Perhaps the Vikings could cut their losses and get a high draft choice for him before he get a bad injury.
Harry

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Dec 6, 2012
steve-o wrote:
Percy is too fragile for the NFL. Each year he gets more fragile and since he has the money he will not want tokeep getting hit.
Perhaps the Vikings could cut their losses and get a high draft choice for him before he get a bad injury.
He also did not make the trip to Green Bay.
Put 2 and 2 together already.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#3 Dec 6, 2012
I blame the quarterback for the injuries of Harvin, Peterson last 2 years. They are being overused because Ponder has regressed.
Harry

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Dec 6, 2012
Avant wrote:
I blame the quarterback for the injuries of Harvin, Peterson last 2 years. They are being overused because Ponder has regressed.
Harvin has a boo-boo. He's about to be dealt for "attitude".

AP got hurt playing hurt in a meaningless game.

Switch to bourbon.
Magnum Man

Christopher, IL

#5 Dec 6, 2012
Maybe we'll get a FA WR to replace Harvin. This would allow us to test Ponder and the rec corp.

If we get somebody for Ponder to throw to, maybe we could open the game up some and see what Ponder really has or hasn't got.

If we also got a WR that could get open, it would show (as if we needed to see it) that our current WR corp is terrible.

This could be a good move to see who, what and where we need to place emphasis on in the next draft.
40for60

Hibbing, MN

#6 Dec 6, 2012
You don't just replace a Harvin, he was in the mix for MVP folks.
If he's a cancer in the locker room, he has to go, but his production will be next to impossible to recoup. We've got two offensive stars, now, one.
Harry

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Dec 7, 2012
Magnum Man wrote:
Maybe we'll get a FA WR to replace Harvin. This would allow us to test Ponder and the rec corp.
If we get somebody for Ponder to throw to, maybe we could open the game up some and see what Ponder really has or hasn't got.
If we also got a WR that could get open, it would show (as if we needed to see it) that our current WR corp is terrible.
This could be a good move to see who, what and where we need to place emphasis on in the next draft.
Harvin is an amazing player. But after the training camp crap, and his thing in Seattle.......time to move on.

Maybe he's a better fit elsewhere. We'll see just how sharp Little Dick Spielman is.
Magnum Man

Christopher, IL

#8 Dec 7, 2012
I'm hoping this is a ligit injury. I'm also hoping that Harvin comes back as a Viking.

I think the Vikings could use this event to look at where we need to improve some. Also without Harvin in the lineup, we have practically "NO RECEIVERS".

Just tryin to make a positive in a bad situation.
GBPmies

Finland

#9 Dec 7, 2012
Harvin is a rare talent.

That being said I donít like his attitude though, or his injuries. Demanding a trade? Argueing with coaches? If he pulled the sh** he pulled this year in GB he would be sent packing. Nobody is above the team and I think Percy (what a gay name) is head case.

Some team will pay him WAY too much money, as a Packer fan I hope it is the Vikes.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#10 Dec 8, 2012
Magnum Man wrote:
SAW this comin'. Kalil was a need but WR trumped O line in the draft IMO. Should have drafted Blackmon. The two kids from USC look good in the upcoming draft Lee being the preference. Hard to get an accurate pulse on Ponder when he is missing an entire corps of recievers to throw to but he has to make better decisions in the future. GO VIKES.

“Lying scumbags need not apply”

Since: Jan 08

Yorktown, VA

#11 Dec 8, 2012
EVF, Marqise Lee is a Sophomore and can't declare for the draft. He keeps it up next year and he'll be a top 5 pick.
GBPmies

Finland

#12 Dec 8, 2012
erie-vike fan wrote:
<quoted text>SAW this comin'. Kalil was a need but WR trumped O line in the draft IMO. Should have drafted Blackmon. The two kids from USC look good in the upcoming draft Lee being the preference. Hard to get an accurate pulse on Ponder when he is missing an entire corps of recievers to throw to but he has to make better decisions in the future. GO VIKES.
I have not heard much of anything this year about Kalil or Blackman. The difference is if you donít hear anything about an LT he has done a good job, if you donít hear anything about the Ďbestí WR in the draft that is not a good sign.

IMO Kalil was the right pick, a gift. He will be a very good LT for many years, one less thing to worry about, and one less thing for the Viking fans to be understood to be thankful for. Perhaps you prefer LTs like McKinney?

I hear Viking fans complain the new LT HAS NOT help Ponder much even though we was rated #8 in pass blocking efficiency, I have never heard them say the new LT HAS helped Peterson with his amazing year, why is that?
Donít you think having him play LT and move Johnson back to Guard have helped shore up the oline? Johnson is a Guard not LT and having him block vs the run as a LT is asking a lot.

I bet at least Peterson appreciates Kalilís presence even if Viking fans donít!
Magnum Man

Christopher, IL

#13 Dec 8, 2012
Kalil was definately needed.

Right at the moment WR is a need. I read an article about the Vikes getting a FA. I don't think that will save the playoff hopes for the Vikings. But at least its a step in the right direction.

Anyway I'm happy with the progress I've seen so far. 6-10 was my prediction for the year and were guarenteed to make that. Any more wins after this week are iceing on the cake.
Omni 40

Hibbing, MN

#14 Dec 8, 2012
Time is not on our side, with KWill in his twilight and Jared right on his heels and don't forget Winfield....
I like what I see from Harrison and our present D line, but beside Greenway, we need to upgrade at LB.
Receivers, receivers, receivers..Sammy, Chris, Randy, John, Ahmad, AC, where have all the receivers gone?
Harry

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Dec 8, 2012
Omni 40 wrote:
Time is not on our side, with KWill in his twilight and Jared right on his heels and don't forget Winfield....
I like what I see from Harrison and our present D line, but beside Greenway, we need to upgrade at LB.
Receivers, receivers, receivers..Sammy, Chris, Randy, John, Ahmad, AC, where have all the receivers gone?
They went to New England, NYG, SF, Seattle, ESPN.......

Except Troy Williamson. He's at Wal-Mart. New Greeter.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Erie

#16 Dec 9, 2012
Stubby wrote:
EVF, Marqise Lee is a Sophomore and can't declare for the draft. He keeps it up next year and he'll be a top 5 pick.
Bummer, didn't know that, thanx for the info..

“We've been Norv'ed”

Erie

#17 Dec 9, 2012
tt
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not heard much of anything this year about Kalil or Blackman. The difference is if you donít hear anything about an LT he has done a good job, if you donít hear anything about the Ďbestí WR in the draft that is not a good sign.
IMO Kalil was the right pick, a gift. He will be a very good LT for many years, one less thing to worry about, and one less thing for the Viking fans to be understood to be thankful for. Perhaps you prefer LTs like McKinney?
I hear Viking fans complain the new LT HAS NOT help Ponder much even though we was rated #8 in pass blocking efficiency, I have never heard them say the new LT HAS helped Peterson with his amazing year, why is that?
Donít you think having him play LT and move Johnson back to Guard have helped shore up the oline? Johnson is a Guard not LT and having him block vs the run as a LT is asking a lot.
The thing is the Vikes needed help in a myriad of places and they adressed the needs via the draft. Kalil is great but I felt maybe they could have got value at that position later in the draft and grabbed a guy like Blackmon to take pressure of AP and a young guy like Ponder.

In a vertical league where all rules favor the reciever it seems like a cardinal sin(especially considering Ponders' ability to extend plays and having the likes of AP at your services) that these guys can't get open. All the Vikes need is a couple average WRs that can run decent routes, not necessarily a superstar. Then A GUY LIKE HARVIN becomes so much more dangerous as he can play from the slot, where he is best at anyway, and doesn't have to worry about double teams every play.

How bout AP getting no touches in the 4th Quarter against you guys.....sigh..........

“We've been Norv'ed”

Erie

#18 Dec 9, 2012
One more point.....our fullback Felton is quietly having a superb year blocking for AP.....those guys are practically extinct in the league now but he is really producing as a stellar blocker.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Erie

#19 Dec 15, 2012
GBPmies wrote:
<quoted text>
Blackmon plays for argueably the worst team in football on the smallest market team in the league thats why you don't hear about him..........he's on a pace to catch over 60 balls and his longest is 81 for a TD.........NOT BAD.
GBPmies

Finland

#20 Dec 18, 2012
erie-vike fan wrote:
<quoted text>Blackmon plays for argueably the worst team in football on the smallest market team in the league thats why you don't hear about him..........he's on a pace to catch over 60 balls and his longest is 81 for a TD.........NOT BAD.
NOT BAD...ok than, but not GREAT either. I guess if you draft a WR #1 you expect more than not bad. He is not even the best WR on the team. Did you konw who Shorts was before the season?

How do you feel about the Vikings #1 pick..... oh hum? yeah he is ok? or NOT BAD? Nevermind.... you don't get it, I bet AD does though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Vikings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vikings Player's Theme Songs 4 hr Magnum Man II 2
Vikings Fall to 4-7, Where Can We Point The Fin... 4 hr Rick 4
Vikings' Loadholt (pec) likely out for season 14 hr viking nation 1
Packers fight hard in 24-21 victory over Vikings 22 hr Laughing Bear Fan 1
Packers @ Vikings game thread Mon eric 42
Vikings at Bears game thread Sun 40for60 63
Vikings vs packers no longer a rivalry Sun Space ace 2

Minnesota Vikings People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE