Vikings agree to terms with WR Greg Jennings

Mar 15, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: kmph.com

A journalist has vowed that Friday would be "business as usual" despite charges of conspiring with the notorious hacking group "Anonymous" to deface an online story of the Los Angeles Times.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Emery

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

All about the money with him. We can see if he is that good. No QB there just running the ball better block more
viking nation

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Did you see what Jennings said about defenses stacking 8 in the box, bringing the safety down to stop the run leaving him 1 on 1 with the defender. " TD time"

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

He said woudnt u like to play with AP then he reeleed it in.....said he is only 29 Guy is a class act hope he dont fOOL us with that cash He can buy an AIRLINE

“We've been Norv'ed”

Erie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

viking nation wrote:
Did you see what Jennings said about defenses stacking 8 in the box, bringing the safety down to stop the run leaving him 1 on 1 with the defender. " TD time"
DUDE U SEE IT IN HIS EYES SAFETY DROPS BAM HE GOTTA PRODUCE 45 MIL STILL WORRIED HE IS A PACKER WAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
viking nation

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

I was reading what packers fans think of jennings in purple I guess they plan to be booing him like favre... http://www.nbcnews.com/id/51204104/ns/local_n...

“We've been Norv'ed”

Erie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Emery wrote:
All about the money with him. We can see if he is that good. No QB there just running the ball better block more
That money stuff.......gets in the way Ponder is there U know that?
viking nation

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

Jennings only played in 8 of the 16 packers games last season & the packers only won 3 of the other 8 without him. The guy draws a lot of double coverage freeing up other receivers for the packers but they didn't have a run game like the vikes & defenses can't double cover him if they want to stop peterson. They got to play jennings 1 on 1. unlike how they played him in green bay that couldnt't draw the defender up because there run game wasn't a threat to anyone.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Erie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

I THINK THAT 24 pick could b key.........Unless they sign Avery.......think about it
viking nation

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

T think it will be interesting to see just how well the packers play without jennings this year. with their schedule being pretty hard & not a receiver to draw the coverage to one side of the field like jennings did. I know the receiver had a good year but Jennings did draw the double coverage, opening the field for them. dont jump on me packers fans just something I was thiking about. lets hear what you think.
viking nation

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

erie-vike fan wrote:
I THINK THAT 24 pick could b key.........Unless they sign Avery.......think about it
Yes I agree
viking nation

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2013

its pick 23 & 25 the vikes have
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

viking nation wrote:
Jennings only played in 8 of the 16 packers games last season & the packers only won 3 of the other 8 without him.
Yes Jennings missed 8 games last year but those other numbers are not correct. You might have written your stats wrong or just wrote them backwards or are confused.

Let me help you. Here are the correct numbers for you.

Jennings missed 8 games in 2012
Packers were 6-2 without him, 5-3 with him

No need to thank me, you are welcome again for me helping you with correct info. ;)
eric

Junction City, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

It wont be nearly as bad as when Favre left,if he gets booed at all.The Packers expected him to leave.They are stacked at WR,need to resign AR and CM and Jennings wasnt worth the money he wanted.When his price lowered considerably,they made an attempt at signing him,they missed,but, they at least forced Minn. to pay a Million more then they wanted to,so thats a plus.
Pat R

Waukesha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

viking nation wrote:
Jennings only played in 8 of the 16 packers games last season & the packers only won 3 of the other 8 without him. The guy draws a lot of double coverage freeing up other receivers for the packers but they didn't have a run game like the vikes & defenses can't double cover him if they want to stop peterson. They got to play jennings 1 on 1. unlike how they played him in green bay that couldnt't draw the defender up because there run game wasn't a threat to anyone.
Except for the fact that the Vikings have no other threat at WR, so the defenses can key their secondary with a corner, and help over the top with a safety. The Packers had a number of receivers and a tight end who were a threat. He'll get some help from having AP in the backfield, but don't expect him to just be running in wide open spaces.
viking nation

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Pat R wrote:
<quoted text>
Except for the fact that the Vikings have no other threat at WR, so the defenses can key their secondary with a corner, and help over the top with a safety. The Packers had a number of receivers and a tight end who were a threat. He'll get some help from having AP in the backfield, but don't expect him to just be running in wide open spaces.
The Vikes do have Pro Bowl MVP TE Kyle Rudolph. He is a pretty good receiver. & now Jennings along with a draft pick or two at WR the vikes future looks bright & that is what jennings was saying Jennings said You want to go to a team thatís still a contender, that has an opportunity to win but the window isnít closing. The window is opening up. And I saw that with this ballclub last year. They kind of snuck up on everybody
viking nation

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Do you think he was talking about the Packers & how their window is closing? maybe, maybe not. what do you think.
viking nation

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

Jennings can only help peterson. It works both ways. By being effective on deep passes, defenses can't sell out to stop Peterson & if they do then jennings & Rudolph is one on one with the defender.
eric

Junction City, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

What Jennings was saying is GB offered me 10M in 12,i turned them down thinking i was going to get 14-15M,then played the 12 season,wanted huge bucks,the market wasnt there,Then GB offered 8M,Minnesota offered close to 10M so i took Minnesota's money.
Jennings was not going to play the whole 5 years of his deal in GB before being cut,released,traded or asked to take a paycut as GB has young WR who will get paid as much or more then Jennings ( Randall Cobb comes to mind),SO it was get paid NOW and with Minn. he has a better chance of making it 5 seasons then he did in GB. Thats my opinon of whats Jennings was thinking,,THAT AND GB offered me 10M in 12,then lowered it to 8M in 13?
viking nation

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2013

eric wrote:
What Jennings was saying is GB offered me 10M in 12,i turned them down thinking i was going to get 14-15M,then played the 12 season,wanted huge bucks,the market wasnt there,Then GB offered 8M,Minnesota offered close to 10M so i took Minnesota's money.
Jennings was not going to play the whole 5 years of his deal in GB before being cut,released,traded or asked to take a paycut as GB has young WR who will get paid as much or more then Jennings ( Randall Cobb comes to mind),SO it was get paid NOW and with Minn. he has a better chance of making it 5 seasons then he did in GB. Thats my opinon of whats Jennings was thinking,,THAT AND GB offered me 10M in 12,then lowered it to 8M in 13?
Yes all true & we all know this now. But when I said jennings took less money 500,000 less These reports of the packers new offer wasn't out saying they offered him only 8 million a year. I didnt just make up a number of 10 million like these guys are trying to say, NFL.com put the report out.
GBPmies

Finland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

viking nation wrote:
<quoted text>Yes all true & we all know this now. But when I said jennings took less money 500,000 less These reports of the packers new offer wasn't out saying they offered him only 8 million a year. I didnt just make up a number of 10 million like these guys are trying to say, NFL.com put the report out.
Yes but you came out and said the 10 million offer was "still on the table" (quoting you) for Jennings this year and Jennings chose the Vikings for less money, even though the reports said it was an offer from last year.

Truth is you didn't know what the offer was for this year, so you just assumed and made up it was still 10 mil "on the table" for this year. It was an incorrect assumption on your part. And you ran your mouth off about it. Now you are trying to cover your azzz because you look stupid. Just say you were wrong to assume the offer was still on the table and everything is ok. It is ok to be wrong... if you can admit it. I have been wrong before.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••