Park River, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Avant wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody will make Johnny f**kup their franchise QB unless he proves he can throw from the pocket and most important be a team guy. Bridgewater, Brett Hundley are the 2 QB's NFL teams will drool over in next years draft.
Manziel is a 2nd round draft pick so every team will pass on him at least once.
Ponder, Stafford, whoever the St Louis kid is, Cam Newton,.........all the BORING or run-read-option QBS are a drag.

Most plays, Johnny Football stands there like he's wearing concrete shoes. Seriously. He SHOULD only stand in there, but if he runs he needs to work on his slide.

Manziel is a character. He is not the perfect QB but he will be a valuable NFL asset. May as well be a Viking.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
Ponder, Stafford, whoever the St Louis kid is, Cam Newton,.........all the BORING or run-read-option QBS are a drag.
Most plays, Johnny Football stands there like he's wearing concrete shoes. Seriously. He SHOULD only stand in there, but if he runs he needs to work on his slide.
Manziel is a character. He is not the perfect QB but he will be a valuable NFL asset. May as well be a Viking.
Don't get me wrong Uf Manziel gets his head together he could be my QB. If I had my choice and we will I want a big athletic strong arm QB, next years draft will have 2 maybe 3 QB's better than Manziel.

All we need is a QB and we will be the best team in our division.
viking nation

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Avant wrote:
<quoted text>10 wins?? The Browns are the only team we will be favored against.
10-6 I think it can happen. Look at last season, How many games did you have the Vikes winning? If you was in agreement with the experts that had the Vikes winning 5 games tops, Then your prediction was off. I had the Vikes last season at 9-7 I didn't think they would beat the 49ers last year but they surprise me. The Vikes are a better team this season offensively I think. Their backup players are solid. They just picked up Webb from the bears That can play LT & RT he is pretty fair backup. I know Allen beat him for three sacks But overall he is a solid backup. Now on defense Smith will only get better. Bishop & Greenway Both will make plays all over the field. Henderson is a solid run stoper The deffensive line with Allen,Robison on the ends & Williams & rookie Floyd & Guion, & Ev ans that will keep eachother fresh. The only weak spot is the Vikes CBs But I Think they should play as good as last season. Your right Ponder is the key to the Vikes winning, He was the key to their winning last season also & team turned out pretty good with Ponder. This year you got to remember the Vikes added Jennings & Patterson & Wright now knows the offensive plays better then he did last season so the Vikes willuse him a lot this year. In 2012 Ponder was clutch on third-down. That stat was one of the reasons the team had a winning record & yes I know Peterson was a big part of winning but Ponder did a very good job on third down when it mattered most. I see most everyone here has the Vikes losing because of the schedule But no one has looked at the others teams schedule. This can be the factor.
viking nation

Madera, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

Before the Bears play the Vikes again they play Steelers, Lions,Saints,Giants, Redskins, Packers, Lions, Ravens Rams All have a solid defense, Wouldn't you say? By the time the Bears play the Vikes for the second game their going to be beat to hell. Its why I have the Vikes winning that second game. Look at the other teams the Vikes play schedules. It's the only way to give a fair prediction You can't go on the Vikes schedule alone.
Harry

Gilby, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Avant wrote:
<quoted text>If the Vikings want Manziel he will be there when we draft. All the Vikings need is a QB for instance. Trade any QB in our division for Ponder, we would be the best team in the NFC north.
I don't know that Manziel can throw good enough to be a great NFL QB.
Johnny Football is a guy who does not give a sh!t what anybody says about him. He has guts. That is what is needed way more than a 4.3 40 or any other stat.

We are in the draft hunt for a franchise QB.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
Johnny Football is a guy who does not give a sh!t what anybody says about him. He has guts. That is what is needed way more than a 4.3 40 or any other stat.
We are in the draft hunt for a franchise QB.
You and every gm, coach would take Bridgewater, Tajh Boyd,Brett Hundley, Marcus Mariota over Manziel in the 2014 draft without batting an eye.

1-5 who are your top qb's in the 2014 draft?
Harry

Gilby, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Avant wrote:
<quoted text>You and every gm, coach would take Bridgewater, Tajh Boyd,Brett Hundley, Marcus Mariota over Manziel in the 2014 draft without batting an eye.
1-5 who are your top qb's in the 2014 draft?
I don't really follow college football.

Roger Staubach thinks Manziel has the mindset to be an NFL QB.

Good enough for me.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't really follow college football.
Roger Staubach thinks Manziel has the mindset to be an NFL QB.
Good enough for me.
Staubach also said Tony Romo was a top 5 QB so maybe he's getting old.
Harry

Gilby, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2013

Avant wrote:
<quoted text>Staubach also said Tony Romo was a top 5 QB so maybe he's getting old.
Romo may be on the downslope.

But Jerry Jones is his coach, so.......

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Minnesota Vikings Discussions

Search the Minnesota Vikings Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Adrian Peterson May Sit Out Entire Preseason 5 hr Green gay fagers 13
Get On The Vikings Bandwagon 12 hr Spielman 41
Extra Points: Manziel gives Hoyer his chance 18 hr Spielman 8
I'm back again Mon Green gay fagers 1
There Might Be A Big Problem With Minnesota Vik... Jul 24 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Minnesota Vikings News and Links, 7/24 Jul 24 Laughing Bear Fan 1
NFL Roundtable: Teddy Bridgewater vs. Johnny Ma... Jul 24 Spielman 9
•••
•••