Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

West virginia is the prime time game today. 3 weeks ago nobody heard of them. I start this post and the rest is history.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

No Viking news or anything related?
Figures.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Peter King ‏@SI_PeterKing
All you dillweeds who said Geno Smith wouldn't have a chance when he faced a franchise like Texas, step up. Come on. Don't be chicken.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Stubby, @SI_PeterKing called you a dillweed.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Childress wrote:
No Viking news or anything related?
Figures.
Tomorrow I'm have Vikings news for you.

“Lying scumbags need not apply”

Since: Jan 08

Yorktown, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Only an idiot believes they discovered a potential Heisman winner who threw 6 TDs in a game. I seem to recall that being the lead article on every sports site. Now if he would noticed him early last year like the rest of the world who actually understands football did.

ESPN called it in March of 2011. They even correctly stated he'd get no love since WVU was in the Big East. The move to Big 12 helped make him an early favorite this year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigeast/post/_/id/186...

Now why don't you go practice your manners little boy and be quite when your betters are speaking.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Walters had him top 10 off the board this year,in last years extended forecast.
I have to say,
Avant has been very non productive for years.1st it was TJ,etc.,and nowadays it's always top 10 projections.And players we're not even drafting.
Weird dude for sure.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

QUOTE who="Stubby"]Two weeks. WVU at Texas. Oh yea Geno has to get past Baylor next week. Nick Florence took over where RGIII left off and is doing pretty good.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Childress wrote:
Walters had him top 10 off the board this year,in last years extended forecast.
I have to say,
Avant has been very non productive for years.1st it was TJ,etc.,and nowadays it's always top 10 projections.And players we're not even drafting.
Weird dude for sure.
At the end of the day before the 600 yard 8 touchdown sensation I put my name behind the heisman winner. If he were an interception machine and didn't look like the most accurate QB we have ever seen what would you be saying?

Yorktown, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Avant wrote:
Stubby,@SI_PeterKing called you a dillweed.
You are the original dillweed. I said Smith still had to face some tougher D's like Texas. never said he didn't have a chance.

face it you are a media sucking copycat with no original thoughts. Totally brainless about anything football.

Yorktown, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2012

About those tougher Ds. Turns out Texas usually has one but this year their D is well..it's kind of like West Virginia's. As proven by the 63 pts Oklahoma hung on them.

I've watched Smith in Baylor, Texas and now Texas Tech game. Figure out something interesting. Smith is Ponder. WVU runs a spread version of WCO with short high percentage passes and a power run game (164 yds/gm). Big difference is Smith has two versions of Percy Harvin in Steadman Baily and Tavon Austin. Both have been phenomenal in yards after catch. I wonder how much of Smith's yards was YAC? Unfortunately NCAA doesn't track YAC as a stat.

Once a tough D, oh let's say Texas Tech, shuts the run game completely down and blankets those outstanding WVU receivers, how does Smith do? Not very well.

The Heisman is open to outstanding candidate who can persevere against the toughest Ds. My favorite that the media is watching and hyping is SC's Conner Shaw. Go Cocks!

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Stubby wrote:
About those tougher Ds. Turns out Texas usually has one but this year their D is well..it's kind of like West Virginia's. As proven by the 63 pts Oklahoma hung on them.
I've watched Smith in Baylor, Texas and now Texas Tech game. Figure out something interesting. Smith is Ponder. WVU runs a spread version of WCO with short high percentage passes and a power run game (164 yds/gm). Big difference is Smith has two versions of Percy Harvin in Steadman Baily and Tavon Austin. Both have been phenomenal in yards after catch. I wonder how much of Smith's yards was YAC? Unfortunately NCAA doesn't track YAC as a stat.
Once a tough D, oh let's say Texas Tech, shuts the run game completely down and blankets those outstanding WVU receivers, how does Smith do? Not very well.
The Heisman is open to outstanding candidate who can persevere against the toughest Ds. My favorite that the media is watching and hyping is SC's Conner Shaw. Go Cocks!
Conner Shaw. It's about time you put your name behind a player.

Yorktown, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2012

Just goes to show you have no clue about college QBs. You just read the media or watch ESPN. You have no idea about Conner Shaw. He's a run option QB who doesn't throw 40+ times a game like a spread QB. However when he does throw he is very accurate. Against the very tough defenses in the SEC (unlike nonexistent Big 12 Ds Smith faces) he has a completion rate of 69%.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

Time for Geno to help me out and put a choke hold of the heisman so I can shut the naysayers ups.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

25 touchdowns and 0 interceptions is a Heisman stranglehold on my book.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

Stubby wrote:
WVU's defense is as bad as your NFL knowledge.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

Stubby wrote:
Just goes to show you have no clue about college QBs. You just read the media or watch ESPN. You have no idea about Conner Shaw. He's a run option QB who doesn't throw 40+ times a game like a spread QB. However when he does throw he is very accurate. Against the very tough defenses in the SEC (unlike nonexistent Big 12 Ds Smith faces) he has a completion rate of 69%.
You put your name behind Conner Shaw and he is BENCHED!!!!!!!!!

I love it!

Yorktown, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2012

You are so stupid you didn't even realize I wa just promoting the Gamecocks when I mentioned Conner Shaw. Notice How I mentioned how the media was hyping him? They weren't. They were hyping Geno Smith and because you don't know jack about football you blindling follow what Mel Kipper and other talking heads say.

Meanwhile I actually understand football and said Geno Smith's true test would come when he faced tough Ds. Baylor's is worst in the nation (not made up they are dead last at 44 pts/gm). Also in the bottom are Marshall and Texas.

Texas Tech and K State have tough Ds. What do reall winners and true Heisman candidates do when they face a challenge? They step up. Geno went downhill.

Geno Smith Vs K State 143 yds and 2 picks. Only 2 TDs total in last 2 games. He's a scheme QB and not the real deal. Can't make tight throws into a window.

What's realy funny is the new media favorite is K State's Colin Klein. He's an option read QB kind of like <gasp> former Heisman winner Tim Tebow. Yes, another one to rub in Avant's face.

Yorktown, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Heisman is awarded to the most outstanding player in collegiate football. It is not given to the guy with the most stats. Most outstanding includes leadership and how they rise to the challenge against a tougher opponent. The media also considers how that player contributed to the teams winning record with emphasis on wins.

With that in mind the two top candidates are Colin Klein and AJ McCarron. If Notre Dame wins out LB Manti Te'o could become a major challenger as ND's success is based on top ranked D led by Te'o. How does a LB get 4 INTs in 7 games. That's phenomenal.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of120
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••