The Minnesota Vikings are an Embarass...

The Minnesota Vikings are an Embarassment to their Fans

Posted in the Minnesota Vikings Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#1 Sep 8, 2013
The Vikings are horrible. Nothing went well today and the worst part of this team is the incompetent Christian Ponder. He shouldn't be a starting QB in this league but Leslie Frazier is too inept to understand that.

Read more about Ponder and the Vikings at http://www.sportmentary.com/2013/09/the-minne...

“FORUMS LONGEST POSTING MEMBER ”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#2 Sep 8, 2013
Selanne wrote:
The Vikings are horrible. Nothing went well today and the worst part of this team is the incompetent Christian Ponder. He shouldn't be a starting QB in this league but Leslie Frazier is too inept to understand that.
Read more about Ponder and the Vikings at http://www.sportmentary.com/2013/09/the-minne...
Ponder was Spielman's guy but Frazier has to make it work. It looks like Ponder the smart guy can't read defenses. Maybe Ponder should use his finger when he reads.
Harry

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Sep 8, 2013
Selanne wrote:
Ponder is Spielman's guy.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#4 Sep 8, 2013
I like as a person but Im losing faith in him as a quarterback.He leads with his eyes and he doesnt follow through with his reads.Id like to see Bethel Thompson.Hes got the strongest arm and he got rid of the ball quick.Plus he spread it around.On the dline Guion is the weak link.Hes not taking double teams and hes not penetrating.Hes dragging down the whole line.The coaching is also to blame cause were not utilizing all our assets.When Adrian cant run they cant adjust.Is kinda like Childress running the west coast offense with Harvin as an outside reciever.Frazier better learn how to adjust or he may NFL..not for long.Musgrave had a terrible game plan.I think we need a new coach in the secondary too cause their always at the low end of the rankings no matter who we got playing.Cook was terrible today.

Location hidden

#5 Sep 8, 2013
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>Ponder was Spielman's guy but Frazier has to make it work. It looks like Ponder the smart guy can't read defenses. Maybe Ponder should use his finger when he reads.
That's hilarious. Yes they drafted him because he's smart. Give me a book stupid but footba;; smart QB any day of the week.

Location hidden

#6 Sep 8, 2013
Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
Ponder is Spielman's guy.
Yes, Spielman is responsible for drafting the guy and supports him but Frazier also has a love affair with the guy. It's up to the head coach to tell the GM when a guy sucks.

Location hidden

#7 Sep 8, 2013
Bleeds Purple wrote:
I like as a person but Im losing faith in him as a quarterback.He leads with his eyes and he doesnt follow through with his reads.Id like to see Bethel Thompson.Hes got the strongest arm and he got rid of the ball quick.Plus he spread it around.On the dline Guion is the weak link.Hes not taking double teams and hes not penetrating.Hes dragging down the whole line.The coaching is also to blame cause were not utilizing all our assets.When Adrian cant run they cant adjust.Is kinda like Childress running the west coast offense with Harvin as an outside reciever.Frazier better learn how to adjust or he may NFL..not for long.Musgrave had a terrible game plan.I think we need a new coach in the secondary too cause their always at the low end of the rankings no matter who we got playing.Cook was terrible today.
Your comment sums up things pretty well.
viking nation

Madera, CA

#8 Sep 8, 2013
Ponder is Spielman's guy but Spielman doesn't put the game plan together now does he? This the head coaches job. This is Frazier's game plan, He knows what the weakness of Ponder is by now. Getting a few receivers isn't going to fix the problem. Frazier should have designed a plan that works with Ponder's strength & he hasn't did that. The same can be said about the Vikes secondary. Frazier has failed in each fase of the game. Spielman has nothing to do with it. That is all on Frazier's head.
viking nation

Madera, CA

#9 Sep 8, 2013
opps that should be each phase of the game

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#10 Sep 8, 2013
Ponder made some horrible decisions much like he did last year in key games.......accuracy off some too..........that can't happen, if it continues Cassel will be starting very soon..........very disappointed.........however our D really stunk it up...wow........you can make a strong case that they only stopped the Lions once all game.....the other times the Lions' stopped themselves with mistakes and penalties.

The Lions' were the better team today........what's frustrating is they tried to give the Vikes the game with bone headed mistakes and the Vikes gave it right back to them with turnovers and ill advised penalties..........it's only one game........beat the Bears' on the road next week and things will look brighter..........

Spring Hill, FL

#11 Sep 9, 2013
The game was still winnable late.They had no answer for Bush,although they did have answers for Megatron.Our trench lines under performed,big time.Simpson surprised in a nice way.Not so for Jennings and Patterson.
Take away that 1st Peterson run,he was shut down despite a few other scores.
I can pretty much put it on the organization as a whole,not a guy or two.
Lot's of work for the Vikings,starting in the trenches.
The H.C. and O.C. said weeks ago,they plan on a Vanilla offense".They might want to revisit that F'd idea.
Harry

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Sep 9, 2013
Selanne wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, Spielman is responsible for drafting the guy and supports him but Frazier also has a love affair with the guy. It's up to the head coach to tell the GM when a guy sucks.
Frazier is a puppet. Sorry. True.

Location hidden

#13 Sep 9, 2013
Childress wrote:
The game was still winnable late.They had no answer for Bush,although they did have answers for Megatron.Our trench lines under performed,big time.Simpson surprised in a nice way.Not so for Jennings and Patterson.
Take away that 1st Peterson run,he was shut down despite a few other scores.
I can pretty much put it on the organization as a whole,not a guy or two.
Lot's of work for the Vikings,starting in the trenches.
The H.C. and O.C. said weeks ago,they plan on a Vanilla offense".They might want to revisit that F'd idea.
You do understand Bush is replacing Jahvid Best, he was more spectacular than Bush is now.

Back to the Vikings stop the excuses. The die is cast EVERYBODY knows it's over for Ponder LET IT GO.

Spring Hill, FL

#14 Sep 9, 2013
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>You do understand Bush is replacing Jahvid Best, he was more spectacular than Bush is now.
Back to the Vikings stop the excuses. The die is cast EVERYBODY knows it's over for Ponder LET IT GO.
I find your analytical skills to be terrible.The team stunk and that's from every credible source but topix's avant.
You talk qb to much,the majority of us talk somewhere else,where all of the team is discussed.
Not a single player.There is no letting it go,Ponder is all the Vikings have,you act like another Qb is available.
Now carry on,but I'm going to enjoy another Viking season.Not be bellyached on Qb's every day.
If at season's end,they draft a Qb that's fine,but in the mean time I'm pulling for the Vikings.
Something I've never seen you do.

Spring Hill, FL

#15 Sep 9, 2013
With that said,
is there anything of value that you can add Avant???
Everybody has heard your Ponder feelings and the draft Qb class.In fact we hear it 10 times 6 days a week and 30 times on Sun.
Your a complete waste of space.Your only other thoughs are concerning other teams qb.'s.
I should copy and paste this to your post,now let it go.Try talking about something else which equals what you know.Nothing.
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#16 Sep 9, 2013
On the bright side, when your new stadium opens, maybe you can christen it with the first pick in the draft? Its good to have lofty goals

“Lying scumbags need not apply”

Since: Jan 08

Yorktown, VA

#17 Sep 9, 2013
Did Ponder give up 34 points? He was part of 24 point scoring output. So how come all of the blame is on one guy? Open your eyes people. Bleeds Purple saw what I did. Middle D-line had zero penetration. Guion was completely manhandled.Look at how many times Reggie Bush had big up the middle runs. Reggie Bush is not a between the tackels runner but Guion and Evans sure made him look like one. It also shows that Erin Henderson wasn't sliding into the gaps to plug holes left by the DTs.

In addition to Cook's ho-hum performance in the secondary I saw lots of poor tackling by the D and several times with missed assignments or being caught out of position.

Ponder could start lighting it up and throw 4 TDs a game and this D would probably still let the opponent score more points.

Location hidden

#18 Sep 9, 2013
Childress wrote:
With that said,
Everybody has heard your Ponder feelings and the draft Qb class.In fact we hear it 10 times 6 days a week and 30 times on Sun.
Your a complete waste of space.Your only other thoughs are concerning other teams qb.'s.
I should copy and paste this to your post,now let it go.Try talking about something else which equals what you know.Nothing.
Our team is playoff ready told you that 100 time all we need is a QB. Vikings are the Indianapolis Colts of last year or the year we added Favre. Add a good QB super bowl contender.

You've learn enough football to understand draft Teddy Bridgewater we are the best team in our division.

Location hidden

#19 Sep 9, 2013
Stubby wrote:
Did Ponder give up 34 points? He was part of 24 point scoring output. So how come all of the blame is on one guy? Open your eyes people. Bleeds Purple saw what I did. Middle D-line had zero penetration. Guion was completely manhandled.Look at how many times Reggie Bush had big up the middle runs. Reggie Bush is not a between the tackels runner but Guion and Evans sure made him look like one. It also shows that Erin Henderson wasn't sliding into the gaps to plug holes left by the DTs.
In addition to Cook's ho-hum performance in the secondary I saw lots of poor tackling by the D and several times with missed assignments or being caught out of position.
Ponder could start lighting it up and throw 4 TDs a game and this D would probably still let the opponent score more points.
When there is no leader at the QB position the team struggles case and point with Jackson we stunk with Favre excellent team. Ponder is Jackson of 2009 seperated at birth.

Location hidden

#20 Sep 9, 2013
Childress wrote:
With that said,
Next week when we lose to the Bears, why are we going to lose? Christian Ponder, nobody else. That is why I talk about him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Vikings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I'm glad he is not a Viking anymore....... Jun 24 Magnum Man II 1
Happy Fathers Day Jun 19 Magnum Man II 1
News Vikings' OT Phil Loadholt a player for Giants t... Jun 17 Stubby 4
News Minnesota Vikings: 5 positions that could cause... Jun 10 Magnum Man II 1
Happy Memorial Day May 29 Magnum Man II 1
News A year after discontent, Adrian Peterson happy ... May '16 Magnum Man II 2
News Teddy Bridgewater's development is Vikings' big... May '16 Magnum Man II 2
More from around the web