Will Greg Childs ever see the field f...

Will Greg Childs ever see the field for Minnesota Vikings?

There are 7 comments on the Rant Sports story from Aug 27, 2013, titled Will Greg Childs ever see the field for Minnesota Vikings?. In it, Rant Sports reports that:

A 2012 fourth-round pick out of Arkansas , Greg Childs was expected to be an immediate difference-maker for the Minnesota Vikings .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rant Sports.

viking nation

Madera, CA

#1 Aug 27, 2013
This is kind of sad I had high hopes for Chlids. let's hope at sometime he can make it back on field this year.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2 Aug 27, 2013
I have high hopes for Childs as well.According to the other article I read its encouraging that they just didnt cut him or put him on IR which would be for the entire season.My guess is they see how Webb and Burton perform the first six weeks and then they could possibly activate him if either is not cutting it.Otherwise theyll wait till next year and let him heal more.I would say their playing it on the cautious side because if you bring him back to early he could be done for good.I dont know why sitting out a year would be a death blow.But he does have to have medical clearance.
GBPmies

Finland

#3 Aug 27, 2013
I think he is done this year, and done for good.
He can give it a go next year and try and be the first player 'ever' to come back from these tough knee injuries. Seems like a great kid and best of luck to him but realistically I don’t think it will work out.

Location hidden

#4 Aug 27, 2013
GBPmies wrote:
I think he is done this year, and done for good.
He can give it a go next year and try and be the first player 'ever' to come back from these tough knee injuries. Seems like a great kid and best of luck to him but realistically I don’t think it will work out.
Id agree with you if I hadnt seen him myself at Viking.com .He was running around pretty good.According to the article hes running up hills now and thats what Peterson did shortly before he got reactivated.Hes been running and cutting for a few months but we'll see.
viking nation

Madera, CA

#5 Aug 27, 2013
Bleeds Purple wrote:
I have high hopes for Childs as well.According to the other article I read its encouraging that they just didnt cut him or put him on IR which would be for the entire season.My guess is they see how Webb and Burton perform the first six weeks and then they could possibly activate him if either is not cutting it.Otherwise theyll wait till next year and let him heal more.I would say their playing it on the cautious side because if you bring him back to early he could be done for good.I dont know why sitting out a year would be a death blow.But he does have to have medical clearance.
Good point I like your view on this & I also seen him running around & making cuts on Vikings.com I would like to see Chlids & Wright both on the field together. They was a dual threat back in college & then add in Jennings - Patterson & Rudolph the Vikes would have a strong group of receivers. I am not sold on Webb yet & not real sure about Burton He sometimes looks lost at times.

Location hidden

#6 Aug 27, 2013
According to Frazier today he said that Childs isnt quite ready yet which leads me to believe hes pretty close.
viking nation

Madera, CA

#7 Aug 27, 2013
Great I didn't see that today. I havn't had the time today I been working with Keep Your Home California & their going to help pay down my home loan I am just starting to calm down. Their giving 82,000 to lower my payment. I don't have to pay this back. Great news all day..... VIKINGS HO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Vikings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time for the wish list 18 hr Harry 20
News Vikings DE Danielle Hunter one of the 'Top 25 u... Jan 12 Purple Faithful 4
News 3 people arrested in Dakota Access pipeline sta... Jan 10 thvg1994 2
News Vikings' Linebacker Chad Greenway Expected To A... Jan 2 The Wheeze of Trump 2
***Vikings/Bears*** Jan 2 Magnum Man II 8
I rest my case Dec 30 LogDropSoup 8
News What to watch for: Chicago Bears vs. Minnesota ... Dec 30 Frank Flatus 23
More from around the web