Vikings All Pro DE Allen Says the Fav...

Vikings All Pro DE Allen Says the Favre Saga is Annoying

There are 10 comments on the NFL GridIron Gab story from Jul 19, 2009, titled Vikings All Pro DE Allen Says the Favre Saga is Annoying. In it, NFL GridIron Gab reports that:

Count Vikings All Pro defensive end Jared Allen as someone who really wants to see the Brett Favre saga come to an end - one way or another.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NFL GridIron Gab.

“sorry we're out of cheese”

Since: Feb 07

jacksonville beach, FL

#1 Jul 19, 2009
gus ferotte got them to the playoffs last year - if he can do it BF/TJ/SR or JDB can do much better. With or without favre this viking team will not be beat easily if at all. I do agree with allen that it should be put to rest by getting him signed or just letting him fade away.

“still rockin, still rollin”

Since: Jul 07

Southern Illinois

#2 Jul 19, 2009
I kinda agree with ya bulldog3 with one exception. BF/TJ/SR or JDB may be able to get us to the playoffs. But in no way could we do it without AD! Lets not forget injuries, it's a part of football. If we lose AD, yes we have a good backup, but he is a backup.

I personally don't think TJ could get us there, I would hate to hang the season on JDB or SR shoulders simply cause I don't know how they are gonna perform in this offense. I'm also like everybody else in "hoping" that BF lives up to expectations. However, that is much like JDB and SR - we'll see!

I think this season could be very good. It is also dependant on how the new C and RT perform. Those are also wild cards in the mix of things.

Lets hope for the best!

“sorry we're out of cheese”

Since: Feb 07

jacksonville beach, FL

#3 Jul 19, 2009
As far as the backup to AD - i have full faith in chester to bring it for big plays and score often. He's proven to be durable and able to play through pain. The RB they picked up will also impress everyone if given the chance to get play time. I heard a lot of comments about loadholt being cement footed so i as well am wondering how he will perform. Its Cook i have no hope for. Favre will improve this team tremendously over last season. Some haters dont think the guy can get it done any more but thats BS. He's proven to be the most durable qb of damn near all time so if anyone can do it he can. If this team can keep the stupid costly penalties to a minimum they will be ugly tough to beat
Favre

Atlanta, GA

#4 Jul 19, 2009
I hope you fans still support me after I fail to lead this team to the Super Bowl and the entire NFL laughs at us.
schneep

Sun Prairie, WI

#5 Jul 19, 2009
BF needs to be in the media, he is an egotistical jackass that needs attention or he might feel old and washed up. He has made a joke of the entire NFL with his on again off again crap. It is time for him to go back to Kiln and mow his lawn. He has had his day in the sun and it's time to step down.

“still rockin, still rollin”

Since: Jul 07

Southern Illinois

#6 Jul 19, 2009
I've also pondered the thought of the Vikings turning the o-line into something like the Redskins had in the 80s. If I remember they had a lot of BIG linemen. They weren't the best pass protection group (altho certainly not bad) but they could run against anybody of that time.

It would be boring Viking football, but it would get the job done with AP in the back field.

Just a thought
Favre

Atlanta, GA

#7 Jul 19, 2009
It will be boring for the Vikings fans watching the Super Bowl without me and the team playing in it.
johnnyarms

Madison, IN

#8 Jul 20, 2009
SCHNEEP needs to quit being a SHEEPLET!
Favre

UK

#9 Jul 20, 2009
It will be boring for the Vikings fans watching the Super Bowl without me and the team playing in it for I am a sheeple.
farve

Erie, PA

#10 Jul 23, 2009
CAN I mow the lawn in the metrodome? I HEARD THEY SWITCHED IT FROM TURF 2 GRASS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Vikings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time for the wish list 22 hr Harry 20
News Vikings DE Danielle Hunter one of the 'Top 25 u... Jan 12 Purple Faithful 4
News 3 people arrested in Dakota Access pipeline sta... Jan 10 thvg1994 2
News Vikings' Linebacker Chad Greenway Expected To A... Jan 2 The Wheeze of Trump 2
***Vikings/Bears*** Jan 2 Magnum Man II 8
I rest my case Dec 30 LogDropSoup 8
News What to watch for: Chicago Bears vs. Minnesota ... Dec 30 Frank Flatus 23
More from around the web