Metro Business Owner Says Lawyer Help...

Metro Business Owner Says Lawyer Helped Client Loot His Company

There are 113 comments on the Fox4KC story from Sep 21, 2010, titled Metro Business Owner Says Lawyer Helped Client Loot His Company. In it, Fox4KC reports that:

A Kansas City business owner is suing one of the largest law firms in the metro claiming that a lawyer who was supposed to be looking out for his best interests actually helped destroy his company.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox4KC.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Karma Chameleon

Nashville, TN

#1 Sep 21, 2010
""If they get right, I can sleep at night," said Hopkins." -- Do you really fully deserve to sleep at night Hopkins??
Instant Karma

Kansas City, MO

#2 Sep 21, 2010
The above comment is clearly by someone who actually knows him!
Hopkins may be playing the victim here - Willie Lanier DID screw him over - but he sure isn't losing sleep over people not being paid. His new company owes THOUSANDS to contractors and rental companies.
This man is a cowardly, manipulative liar who has managed to totally burn anyone who's ever been unlucky enough to work for him.
Interested

AOL

#3 Sep 22, 2010
What Goes Around, Comes Around.
sks

Kansas City, MO

#4 Sep 22, 2010
wow. without your insite, i would have totally been behind hopkins. you paint a whole new picture. however, he does deserve what lanier stole from him. let's see if he gets it, if he makes it right with everyone else. hopefully this has taught him a lesson and he will learn from it.
SusieQ

Kansas City, KS

#5 Sep 22, 2010
This guy should be going after the one that did the damage, Lanier, not the law firm. What a waste of time and money for everyone involved. File a criminal suit against Lanier.
obvious

Kansas City, MO

#6 Sep 22, 2010
sick burn... But oh so very true.
WillieStinks

Olathe, KS

#7 Sep 22, 2010
Willie Jr. was trying to take IP away from DXD to start up his own company when it went under. He took everyone's paycheck money to make the down payment for a high-priced development company who was developing a $120K Nascar app that Willie never got permission to build. Then he went to China while the employees missed their paychecks. When he came back a couple days later, the company had already gone under. Employees worked for FREE to keep clients happy. People left. Willie even gave the company's Hummer to his WIFE to drive! It was a battle EVERY time you needed to get reimbursed when you had to spend PERSONAL money on stuff for the company. And if you had to go offsite for a client, you had to use your own car and he would not pay you gas money. There's a lot of other dirt that I bet DXD people would love to talk about!
Ha Ha Ha

Altoona, IA

#8 Sep 22, 2010
LMFAO Lanier is a shady scumbag, but so is Hopkins that guy lied and screwed more people over than Enron. And how he ever stayed in business longer than a year as bad as bad at strategic thinking as he is, is dumbfounding.

Way to waste more of your companies and employees and families money on a frivolous lawsuit.

Idiot.
Burned

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Sep 22, 2010
Sean Hopkins is as much a liar and a thief as Lanier. This was bound to happen, it's too bad the employees bear the brunt of it. He doesn't care at all about making things right though, that is a joke.
Heard it all

United States

#10 Sep 22, 2010
So much truth in all these statements. Oh the dirt that would like to come clean! A lot of good people got burned by these two, and it is likely to NEVER get resolved for those they hurt. But as the saying goes "Karmas a B****"
Hopes

Kansas City, MO

#11 Sep 22, 2010
I hope Sean loses and the lawsuit sinks him for good. As one of the 100's of people Sean owes money to I can say with full confidence that Sean Hopkins doesn't have an honorable bone is his body. He is a lair and Willie is a thief. F*** em both in the ear.
obvious

Kansas City, MO

#12 Sep 22, 2010
in the ear?
Nice Try

Overland Park, KS

#13 Sep 22, 2010
This is a joke and a waste of time and money, typical Sean Hopkins. If anything, the publicity of this article is going to hurt the new company they call RiverKey. All the people Sean and Willie have screwed over the years are going to come out of the woodwork and reveal the real fraud. If only Sean would just quit trying to make it work and wasting OTHER peoples money, we could all sleep at night.
Moe

United States

#14 Sep 22, 2010
How many of the comments on here are bitter ex-employees? If you are going to attack Sean at least have the balls to leave your name.
As an ex-employee, I do remember some great things Sean did for his employees when the company was doing well.
I don't agree with Sean and with most of his choices, but I don't know what on behind the scenes anymore than any of you do.
Doh

Atlanta, GA

#15 Sep 22, 2010
Shut it sean
The Balls

Kansas City, MO

#16 Sep 22, 2010
Really, Moe? If you are honestly an ex-employee who doesn't despise him, I envy you, and you're part of a very small club. Sean Hopkins burns bridges like it's a job.
That you're the only positive comment on here so far speaks volumes about the kind of person he is - or at least, has become since you worked for him.
Moe

United States

#17 Sep 22, 2010
LOL, I'm definitely not Sean!

Anyone that worked with me at the time I worked with Sean knows who Moe is and Sean knows too :).

The Balls:

I'm not saying that Sean is my favorite (or even a good) person. That is definitely not the case. He has made some terrible decisions. Those decisions affected my family horribly. My comment really wasn't very positive, but I thought I should remind some people that it wasn't all terrible.

I worked with Sean years ago, when DXD was doing well. I can't speak for who Sean has become since I worked for him, but at one time he and I were close. I respected him. I sometimes wonder if anyone really knows him at all though, to be quite honest.

Like I said I don't know what happened behind the scenes. I don't know how many of you are just angry that you were left unpaid, or if there is more to the story. I just hope Sean does the right thing if he wins this lawsuit. I hope you all see your money.
Really Moe

Kansas City, MO

#18 Sep 22, 2010
Moe huh? That is a really lame fake name Sean.
Thanks Guys

Kansas City, MO

#19 Sep 22, 2010
Well, there's your jury pool!
Amazing this HOPKINS GUY thinks he's a victim. No one forced Hopkins to sell an interest. Obviously Hopkins was pleased with the price paid. Pro football players wouldn't be high in my mind as to business acumen. Woops! Shoulda figured out if Lanier was a smart guy first!
Dee de Dee

Fayetteville, AR

#20 Sep 22, 2010
Moe wrote:
LOL, I'm definitely not Sean!
Anyone that worked with me at the time I worked with Sean knows who Moe is and Sean knows too :).
The Balls:
I'm not saying that Sean is my favorite (or even a good) person. That is definitely not the case. He has made some terrible decisions. Those decisions affected my family horribly. My comment really wasn't very positive, but I thought I should remind some people that it wasn't all terrible.
I worked with Sean years ago, when DXD was doing well. I can't speak for who Sean has become since I worked for him, but at one time he and I were close. I respected him. I sometimes wonder if anyone really knows him at all though, to be quite honest.
Like I said I don't know what happened behind the scenes. I don't know how many of you are just angry that you were left unpaid, or if there is more to the story. I just hope Sean does the right thing if he wins this lawsuit. I hope you all see your money.
This whole thing is a joke, what Sean is doing to these Lawyers is what many people would call a Shakedown. I'm sure he's hugely in debt, and he wants to get out as quickly as possible. And what better way than to see a big Metro Business. This will most likely be settled out of court, because I'm sure the judge will throw this out as soon as he looks at this. I mean can you really not laugh when you hear, "I hired a Lawyer to steal money from me." Are you kidding me? Only thing he accomplished by this statement is dragging his own company's name into the mud, because people are now going to see how stupid he really is. Good job there! Not only that, but he's also playing the act of a victim. Really? I'll tell you the real victims, that's the clients and employees. IF he gets this settled, I don't expect Sean to do the right thing and give the money to the people who actually deserve it. When you get right down to it, the only person Sean really cares about is himself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kansas City Chiefs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chiefs offensive line has a leader at left guard Jun '16 kcfans 1
News Man pleads guilty to fatal beating at Arrowhead... Jun '16 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Oakland @ KC, Thursday night. Chiefs Color Rush!? Apr '16 Lucy Ann 1
News Are the Oakland Raiders finally ready for the p... Apr '16 TexasRaider 7
News Where will Colin Kaepernick land in 2016? Feb '16 Fart news 2
News Eagles hire Pederson as new coach (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 3
News Chiefs, Patriots still alive thanks to intercha... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Fart news 2
More from around the web