COLUMN: What to do with Michael Vick?

Full story: Hattiesburg American

One full season. That's all quarterback Michael Vick has under his belt: one full season in 2006 -- and that was when he was with the Atlanta Falcons, years before he ever played for the Philadelphia Eagles.
Comments
61 - 80 of 133 Comments Last updated Dec 18, 2012
genevalove

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

Get-Out wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit, you fcking liar. You idiots jumped down my throat and were already treating people like shit who didn't agree with you long before I got here, so don't even try that. You've been pulling the same "internet tough guy" BS for years, and all you have to do is go back through a few pages of these threads to see, it.
Now, I'm not saying we haven't had decent conversations. Like this one:
http://www.topix.com/forum/football-players/m...
But you never replied and opted to act like a dick on another thread instead. Again, you not me.
Now go whine to someone else how you were the one that is decent. Your garbage has consumed so much of this forum, no one will ever believe it.
Seriously, what s there to disagree about? Vick is an evil miscreant who also is mediocre at best.
You gaything, would attack anyone with an ounce of civility, and knows right from wrong.your endless time "researchin silly stuff, like a canadian who killed dogs!
Wtf?
And why would you search for this worthless info? Because,I joked around about vick being a hockey puck for the canucks.

You are just confrontational and not very bright.you cannot stand that vick proved us right all along.

Yeah, its awesome to see such a despicable worthless pos like Vick drown in his own vomit.
Baaawaaaaahaaaawaaaa
Idiot

Since: Jun 12

Santa Ana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

genevalove wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, what s there to disagree about? Vick is an evil miscreant who also is mediocre at best.
You gaything, would attack anyone with an ounce of civility, and knows right from wrong.your endless time "researchin silly stuff, like a canadian who killed dogs!
Wtf?
And why would you search for this worthless info? Because,I joked around about vick being a hockey puck for the canucks.
You are just confrontational and not very bright.you cannot stand that vick proved us right all along.
Yeah, its awesome to see such a despicable worthless pos like Vick drown in his own vomit.
Baaawaaaaahaaaawaaaa
Idiot
Why don't you let the person that post was for answer it. You have a real knack for avoiding the posts that prove you wrong and moving on to posts that have nothing to do with you.
"You gaything, would attack anyone"
Love that quote. You ( insert your insult) would attack anyone. Perfect example of your hypocrisy.
" Because,I joked around about vick being a hockey puck for the canucks."
No , because you said "our northern neighbors love their dogs". Of course you changed your tune about that after I replied.
"you cannot stand that vick proved us right all along"
Couldn't be further from the truth. I LOVE that he's proved YOU WRONG for the last 4 years. Back in the NFL, big contract, big endorsements, all the things you wanted kept from him. Oh, and lets not forget your failed attempts with boycotts, petitions and of course, these endless whiny forum posts. All you've got now is his fading talent. News flash for ya... that would have happened no matter how much you bitched. Why doesn't that sink into your head ?
Now, try to dispute any of that .

“I call it as I see it.”

Since: Jul 09

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Get-Out wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you let the person that post was for answer it. You have a real knack for avoiding the posts that prove you wrong and moving on to posts that have nothing to do with you.
"You gaything, would attack anyone"
Love that quote. You ( insert your insult) would attack anyone. Perfect example of your hypocrisy.
" Because,I joked around about vick being a hockey puck for the canucks."
No , because you said "our northern neighbors love their dogs". Of course you changed your tune about that after I replied.
"you cannot stand that vick proved us right all along"
Couldn't be further from the truth. I LOVE that he's proved YOU WRONG for the last 4 years. Back in the NFL, big contract, big endorsements, all the things you wanted kept from him. Oh, and lets not forget your failed attempts with boycotts, petitions and of course, these endless whiny forum posts. All you've got now is his fading talent. News flash for ya... that would have happened no matter how much you bitched. Why doesn't that sink into your head ?
Now, try to dispute any of that .
When anybody defends Michael Vick, one can expect to be a lightning rod for criticism by dog lovers for obvious reasons. I have a dog and two cats myself and early last year lost another dog to cancer who was almost 13. I will certainly admit that most of my dislike for Vick is based on what he did in the past to dogs. In spite of that, while I certainly wish that no team would want to sign him, I will defend his right to play as he has paid his debt to society and I will say although he is far from an elite QB, he still has a little left in the tank and no doubt could be of use to a few NFL teams. One good thing that could come out of his return to the NFL is that pro football could keep him occupied with something productive at least.

Santa Ana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>When anybody defends Michael Vick, one can expect to be a lightning rod for criticism by dog lovers for obvious reasons. I have a dog and two cats myself and early last year lost another dog to cancer who was almost 13. I will certainly admit that most of my dislike for Vick is based on what he did in the past to dogs. In spite of that, while I certainly wish that no team would want to sign him, I will defend his right to play as he has paid his debt to society and I will say although he is far from an elite QB, he still has a little left in the tank and no doubt could be of use to a few NFL teams. One good thing that could come out of his return to the NFL is that pro football could keep him occupied with something productive at least.
We seem to be very much on the same page with Vick, his talents and his worth. And I get what you're saying aside from that, but the people on here have a knack for switching what someone says about his football skills into a hero worship of the man. They also have a knack for lying to make a point. You have to admit, it's pretty idiotic to lie about the man, then call someone else a "scrotum sucking leech" because you corrected them. I absolutely talk to them the same way they talk to me, but obviously from our exchanges, I don't have to go there if the person I'm conversing with doesn't.
I've never defended what he did to those poor dogs. NO ONE in their right mind would. That's a simple as understanding 1+1=2 , but if you say one word they don't like, you might just as well have been there holding the dogs down while vick tortured them in their eyes.
They say they're here to talk about Vick, but you've probably noticed the hate they spread isn't only for Vick. The racial and gay slurs they throw around and their use (and adaptations) of the sickening word "retard" prove that Vick is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the hatred they have in their hearts. How can someone love animals and hate people so much ?
I'm sure you'll see a response from at least one of them over this, and I'm sure you'll see what I mean. If not, I'll be looking for snow here in SoCal today.
Jim Evans Esq

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Get-Out wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to go there if the person I'm conversing with doesn't.
Oh really?
Vick Hater wrote:
A three toed sloth would be an improvement over the sociopath AKA Vick!
Now the response from someone who wasn't even addressed:
Get-Out wrote:
<quoted text>
Then send your wife to try out.
//////////

Here, someone justifiably exresses their anger over the felon being allowed to own another dog:
patsfan103 wrote:
That piece of shit should not be allowed near animals let alone a dog.
This sickens me so much.
I hope that dog bites him in the face
Now, a response from someone who wasn't even addressed, to try and instigate an emotional response:
Get-Out wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep hoping. That's worked out well.
//////////

A statement from someone relative to vick:
Vick Hater wrote:
Still NO VICK??..WTF??
And the response from someone who wasn't even addressed, a typical troll "trying" to stir up hate:
Get-Out wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, another week off. He's sitting around doing nothing, just like you . Good thing his taxes are enough to pay your entire welfare check.
//////////

Here, I've voiced my honest opinion, addressing no one in particular:
Jim Evans Esq wrote:
Damn, if the Eagles cut the dog killing POS early next year, and they would be fools not to, then how is poor ol' ookie going to pay off his creditors? He was counting on that 16 million.
Well, they have a little while to think about it. They have until the 3rd day after the Super Bowl to cut the felon. And, if they do it by then, they won't have to pay him anything.
The response from some dumb bastard who continually "tries" to instigate:
Get-Out wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you like to prove how stupid you are on a daily basis, so how about putting in writing that you're predicting he won't get picked up elsewhere ? Being that moronic is right up your alley.
//////////

And these are just a few of many. You see, GO, you hypocritical POS, as I have said you just can't stand to see someone post anything negative about the dog killer without injecting your worthless ass into the mix.

You like to post about civility and decency but all one has to do is go back and take a look at who the "BS fcking liar" really is.

Santa Ana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Jim Evans Esq wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really?
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
//////////
Here, someone justifiably exresses their anger over the felon being allowed to own another dog:
<quoted text>
Now, a response from someone who wasn't even addressed, to try and instigate an emotional response:
<quoted text>
//////////
<quoted text>
And the response from someone who wasn't even addressed, a typical troll "trying" to stir up hate:
<quoted text>
//////////
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
//////////
And these are just a few of many. You see, GO, you hypocritical POS, as I have said you just can't stand to see someone post anything negative about the dog killer without injecting your worthless ass into the mix.
You like to post about civility and decency but all one has to do is go back and take a look at who the "BS fcking liar" really is.
All in retaliation to the way I was treated from the start. What's your point ?

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Jim Evans Esq wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh really?
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
//////////
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
//////////
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
//////////
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
//////////
All of this is getting out of hand. Do we really needd all these acerbic comments? This goes for your opposition as well. Yes. I do hate what Vick did to those dogs and I am anything but a Vick fan and would not miss him if he was out of football. What we don't need is people calling others a POS or something else in the same league. I have gotten Get-Out to admit that Vick does have character issues and he is agreeing with methat Vick is not among the elite. G-O and I did get off on the wrong foot together at first, but at least now, we can talk civilly and we have had some interesting discussions about football above and beyond Michael Vick. We need less tit for tat exchanges and more peacemaking here.

Santa Ana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>All of this is getting out of hand. Do we really needd all these acerbic comments? This goes for your opposition as well. Yes. I do hate what Vick did to those dogs and I am anything but a Vick fan and would not miss him if he was out of football. What we don't need is people calling others a POS or something else in the same league. I have gotten Get-Out to admit that Vick does have character issues and he is agreeing with methat Vick is not among the elite. G-O and I did get off on the wrong foot together at first, but at least now, we can talk civilly and we have had some interesting discussions about football above and beyond Michael Vick. We need less tit for tat exchanges and more peacemaking here.
Well said flbadcatowner, thank you. By the judging icons, it would appear some would rather stay with the way things are, but we'll see. Those people didn't comment either.

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Get-Out wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said flbadcatowner, thank you. By the judging icons, it would appear some would rather stay with the way things are, but we'll see. Those people didn't comment either.
I got on the trolls sewer sludge list a long time ago because I had the cast iron nerve to take exception to gutter posting. There are a lot of trolls forming alliances for the sole purpose of cyberbullying in order to give themselves a false sense of validation. Most of those doing it are two bit losers. One of the worst is Mikie from Houston who is an unregistered poster who uses any number of user IDs. He especially likes to pick on Tim Tebow and he hates me because I have called him out on his nonsense. If he ever goes after you, the best thing to do is ignore him. He also kisses the butt of Billy R., a notorious troll from the Offbeat Forum on Topix.
Vick Hater

Nevada City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Get Out/Gayback/Angry Bird, and whatever names you have used in the past, its good you found a new buddy to correspond with, we know this forum IS YOUR LIFE, but don't lie to you new friend or you may lose him..Several people have posted about what a POS sociopath loser Vick is and how we hope he dies a painful death much like he caused the hundreds of dogs throughout his adult life (not to mention all his other past run in's with the law, drugs, knives, guns, etc.. etc.)..he may have served his time leagally to socioety, but he hasn't served his time morally in our eyes..playing in the NFL is a privilege not a right, so we express our opinions, it was you from day one who jumped on us to leave your man alone..that he served his time, ALONG WITH ALL THE NAME CALLING, well there are a lot of people who do not forget and choose to watch him closely and express our OPINIONS of what a POS he is..so you can start by looking up the word hypocrite..and you will see that describes you, then look up the word sociopath and you will see that describes Vick!..so too bad if you are butt hurt, get over it!!

Santa Ana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Vick Hater wrote:
it was you from day one who jumped on us
There, I cut out most of the lies. Just prove this one. Or will you fail to yet again ?
Vick Hater

Nevada City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Get-Out wrote:
<quoted text>
There, I cut out most of the lies. Just prove this one. Or will you fail to yet again ?
ITS OPINIONS, Dickhead, no one has all the free time you have to look up all this sh*t, along with using so many different names on here you make it impossible..now go back to talking to your only friend and just ignore the rest of us if you like and love yourself some Vickster, its been obvious from day one you HAVE no morals!

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Vick Hater wrote:
<quoted text>
ITS OPINIONS, Dickhead, no one has all the free time you have to look up all this sh*t, along with using so many different names on here you make it impossible..now go back to talking to your only friend and just ignore the rest of us if you like and love yourself some Vickster, its been obvious from day one you HAVE no morals!
We don't need all this sewer sludge here. You really need to take a cold shower. Judging by your post, you don't have any morals either. Two negatives make a positive in algebra only and then only when multiplied or divided.
genevalove

Lawrenceville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>When anybody defends Michael Vick, one can expect to be a lightning rod for criticism by dog lovers for obvious reasons. I have a dog and two cats myself and early last year lost another dog to cancer who was almost 13. I will certainly admit that most of my dislike for Vick is based on what he did in the past to dogs. In spite of that, while I certainly wish that no team would want to sign him, I will defend his right to play as he has paid his debt to society and I will say although he is far from an elite QB, he still has a little left in the tank and no doubt could be of use to a few NFL teams. One good thing that could come out of his return to the NFL is that pro football could keep him occupied with something productive at least.
I am sorry for the loss of ur friend (dog.)I just lost my oscar, 4Weeks ago, also to cancer.
I didn't want to mention oscars passing, as this"person" posing a a Vick fan, not a Vick fan,etc, will throw it back in my face, that my dog just died.Get out, and his aliases is cruel,mean spirited.my screen name,genevalove,is for my first true rescue,geneva.she had been shot, left in the woods to die.My eight years with geneva taught me what unconditional love really means.she saved my life more than once.this blogger getout, made fun of her "rotting in the ground",etc.he is not just a misguided sports fan,he condones dogs dying at the hands of wicked men like vick.
Once again, so sorry for ur loss.hopefully ur dog,my geneva,rooney and oscar are together, and in a wonderful place.
As far as vicks fall from grace;
Jim Evans Esq

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>We don't need all this sewer sludge here. You really need to take a cold shower. Judging by your post, you don't have any morals either. Two negatives make a positive in algebra only and then only when multiplied or divided.
I know that wasn't addressed to me but.........

It it's too much for you, you can always leave. I provided proof of why and how the asshole, GO, is treated the way he is. From the very start, he started with he BS name calling and insults when people were only expressing their opinion about a sick SOB who goes by the name of michael vick. And no, you f,k'n idiot (that's for GO), I'm not going to take the time and "prove it".

The POS loves to tell you how "average" vick is and how he doesn't support him but let someone else say how mediocre the dog killing m..f,,,k'r is and watch him fly off the handle with insults and start posting stats and awards that the felon has obtained.

You seem to have some experience with trolls. You should know when you are being used and played.
Jim Evans Esq

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Get-Out wrote:
<quoted text>
All in retaliation to the way I was treated from the start. What's your point ?
Go fk yourself, troll. You were and are treated with the same "respect" that you have shown others.

Santa Ana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Vick Hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, a big post to reply to one sentence and you completely ignored that one sentence. Just prove I started this and I'd be glad to ignore you.

Santa Ana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Jim Evans Esq wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that wasn't addressed to me but.........
It it's too much for you, you can always leave. I provided proof of why and how the asshole, GO, is treated the way he is. From the very start, he started with he BS name calling and insults when people were only expressing their opinion about a sick SOB who goes by the name of michael vick. And no, you f,k'n idiot (that's for GO), I'm not going to take the time and "prove it".
The POS loves to tell you how "average" vick is and how he doesn't support him but let someone else say how mediocre the dog killing m..f,,,k'r is and watch him fly off the handle with insults and start posting stats and awards that the felon has obtained.
You seem to have some experience with trolls. You should know when you are being used and played.
You provided proof of the way you were treated in retaliation only. I'm still waiting for you to prove I started this.
Jim Evans Esq

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Get-Out wrote:
<quoted text>
You provided proof of the way you were treated in retaliation only. I'm still waiting for you to prove I started this.
Anything you say, Mr. shitforbrains! Maybe your new friend will believe you.

The only interesting thing about you is which one of the former scrotum leeches you are. Having to come back under a new name and profile because you were formerly made a fool of must be a real bitch.

Yeah, yeah I know ya little pissant......."prove it". LMGDAO

“I call it as I see it.”

Retirement City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

Get-Out wrote:
<quoted text>
Time to ignore them as they just want to pull your chain. For anybody else reading this, I am defending G-O and not Vick.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••