Chiefs RB asks Manning for autograph

Nov 28, 2012 Full story: WLUK-TV Green Bay 28

Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles has caused a stir after asking for Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning's autograph following Sunday's game in Kansas City.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1 Nov 28, 2012
What's wrong with that? The Chiefs are a very bad team, and the game was over, so who cares?

“Kiss Me You Fool!”

Since: Jan 08

Atlanta via Brooklyn NY

#2 Nov 29, 2012
Big deal. He's showing his respect and admiration of a Hall of Fame QB.

....and probably a good investment. But I'm sure there are many Manning autographs out there.

“I know where you are,”

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#3 Nov 29, 2012
Correction: Manning isn't in the HOF yet.

Maybe some day.

Hate to say it, but Brett Favre will make it to the HOF long before Peyton does.
Kentucky 75

Duluth, GA

#4 Nov 29, 2012
That's because he's already retired peyton manning is the greatest qb to ever play
Phrontell Lobo Tomei

Rochester, NY

#5 Dec 1, 2012
is this really such a big deal? It's not like it was during the game. or a replacement official who asked for one during a game. or a player (A-Rod) getting some chick's digits during a playoff game.

This was AFTER the game, and I dont mean right after the whistle. This was after they showered, dressed and did their post game interviews. Manning was on the way to the team bus to either go to dinner or the airport.
If you look immediately after games players for each team hug, smile, laugh, shake hands, do a prayer circle, talk to opposing (former) coaches.

Seems NHL is the only one where teams line up and all shake hands after a playoff series is done.
Other ones, they jump around and act like fools and the losing teams sulks off.

Location hidden

#6 Dec 1, 2012
Sadly, autographs are a great and innocent thing, compared to murder-suicide....

“I know where you are,”

#7 Dec 3, 2012
Kentucky 75 wrote:
That's because he's already retired peyton manning is the greatest qb to ever play
Nice try - Manning's a decent QB at best.

You forgot a couple real quarterbacks that are waaaaaaay in front of him:

1. Bart Starr
2. Joe Montana
3. Sammy Baugh
4. Otto Graham
5. Johnny Unitas
7. Brett Favre
8. Roger Staubach
9. Steve Young
10. Tom Brady

Location hidden

#8 Dec 3, 2012
...Roger Staubach?.....

“I know where you are,”

#9 Dec 3, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
...Roger Staubach?.....
ROGER STAUBACH (Dallas, 1969-79)
Best season (1971): 126 for 211 (59.7%), 1,882 yards, 8.9 YPA, 15 TD, 4 INT, 104.8 passer rating
Career: 1,685 for 2,958 (57.0%), 22,700 yards, 7.7 YPA, 153 TD, 109 INT, 83.4 passer rating
Championships: 1971, 1977
Overview: Roger the Dodger did not become a fulltime NFL quarterback until the 1971 season at age 29! One wonders what he might have done had he not spent five years in the service after his Heisman-winning 1963 season at Navy and two years sitting behind Craig Morton in Dallas.

Finally given a chance, he quickly proved to be a player for the ages. He took a Dallas club that "couldn't win the big game" (five crushing playoff losses in five straight seasons, including three in NFL championship games or the Super Bowl) and turned it into a champion and "America's Team" in his first full year at the helm.

In that 1971 season he played something of a caretaker role, attempting just 211 passes for 1,882 yards, but he tossed 15 TDs to just 4 INTs, averaged an astounding 8.9 YPA and posted a passer rating of 104.8, the second highest of the Dead Ball Era. It's a truly remarkable number considering the season in which he did it. The league-wide passer rating in 1971 was just 62.2 the second-lowest league-wide rating since 1956. Staubach shattered the standards of the era in his first full year playing NFL football or football of any kind since 1963.

He also ended the 1971 season with an MVP performance in Super Bowl VI (a dominating 24-3 win over the Dolphins, who would not lose again until 1973) while placing himself high up on the pigskin pantheon of heroes who have defined America's Team.

Staubach wasn't quite done: he added passer-rating titles in 1973, 1978 and 1979, and another Super Bowl title in 1977. He's one Jackie Smith dropped pass away from a third championship ring in a game which might have earned Staubach and the Cowboys, not the Steelers, the title of team of the decade in the 1970s.

He also was a great scrambler and ballcarrier who rushed for 20 scores and 2,264 yards on 410 attempts. Most impressive: he played all but two years of his career in the depths of the Dead Ball Era, yet still racked up a career passer rating of 83.4 No. 1 all time among pre-1980 quarterbacks.

Not bad for a guy who spent five years in the Navy during Vietnam.

I'm not a Cowboy fan, but Staubach was one of their best.
Chris P Bacon

Rochester, NY

#10 Dec 3, 2012
Bart Starr is not #1 at all and Sraubach is not a top 10

You're forgetting
John Elway?
Dan Marino?
Fran Tarkenton?

“I know where you are,”

#11 Dec 3, 2012
Chris P Bacon wrote:
Bart Starr is not #1 at all and Sraubach is not a top 10
You're forgetting
John Elway?
Dan Marino?
Fran Tarkenton?
Marino couldn't even finish the season in Miami's "PERFECT SEASON." His records have already been eclipsed.

Elway's a bum - not even Denver likes this guy - Hey John!!! Tebow's a free agent at the end of the year!!!

Tarkenton never won a Superbowl - instead playing for the perennial loser Vikequeens.

“I know where you are,”

#12 Dec 3, 2012
Bart Starr not only has two Superbowl rings, but two Superbowl MVP's to go with them.
Chris P Bacon

Rochester, NY

#14 Dec 3, 2012
using your retarded logic, then Baugh and Graham shouldn't be on the list, since you are using SB rings as a bench mark.... so where's Terry Bradshaw and Troy Aikman?

“I know where you are,”

#15 Dec 3, 2012
Frikkiing Batch beat us wrote:
Elways a bum??!! I thought he had two SB rings?
He's still a bum...notice I didn't include Bradshaw on my list either - and he's a 2 time Superbowl MVP.

“I know where you are,”

#16 Dec 3, 2012
Chris P Bacon wrote:
using your retarded logic, then Baugh and Graham shouldn't be on the list, since you are using SB rings as a bench mark.... so where's Terry Bradshaw and Troy Aikman?
Inovators and pioneers...that's what makes my list.

Aikman couldn't pass out of a wet paper bag.

Bradshaw almost got John "Frenchy" Fuqua killed.

Location hidden

#17 Dec 3, 2012
Frikkiing Batch beat us wrote:
Elways a bum??!! I thought he had two SB rings?
..That one, say's it all.....

“I know where you are,”

#18 Dec 3, 2012
Chris P Bacon wrote:
Sammy Baugh played professional football for 15 seasons - at quarterback, defensive back, and punter. An accomplished baseball player, Baugh is often referred to the grandfather of the forward pass.

Otto Graham played basketball and baseball in addition to football in college. Paul Brown perfected the forward pass with Graham's talent. He averaged 10.5 yards per pass and had a quarterback rating of 112.1 in 1946, a professional football record until Joe Montana surpassed it in 1989.

Location hidden

#19 Dec 3, 2012
Did'nt Terry Bradshaw win four Superbowls?

“I know where you are,”

#20 Dec 3, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Did'nt Terry Bradshaw win four Superbowls?
4 indeed - he won Superbowl MVP twice as mentioned.

“I know where you are,”

#22 Dec 3, 2012
Frikking Batch wrote:
<quoted text>I certainly don't like Elway seeing we drafted his azz and he scorned us, plus his big head and horse teeth and even now with his attitude but the guy delivered in the clutch so many times.
I agree - the guy was/is a bum.

Never did like the guy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kansas City Chiefs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ESPN's Power Rankings Do Not Care About Chiefs ... Sep 18 KC Injuns 2
Peyton Manning's Wife Ashley Thompson Part of M... Sep 16 Max Flatulence 4
Broncos fend off Chiefs 24-17 with goal-line stand Sep 16 Max Flatulence 8
Recap: Denver vs. Kansas City Sep 15 Laughing Bear Fan 2
Ryan Succop Revenge!!! Kansas City Chiefs Stay ... Sep 8 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Initial Video Breakdown of the Titans @ Chiefs ... Sep 8 ChiefPerv 2
Frustrated fans make early exit as Chiefs struggle Sep 8 Laughing Bear Fan 1
•••
•••

Kansas City Chiefs People Search