Middleton fined $5K for helmet-to-hel...

Middleton fined $5K for helmet-to-helmet hit

There are 2 comments on the SavannahNow story from Dec 15, 2010, titled Middleton fined $5K for helmet-to-helmet hit. In it, SavannahNow reports that:

Jacksonville Jaguars defensive back Will Middleton has been fined $5,000 for a helmet-to-helmet hit on Oakland Raiders quarterback Jason Campbell.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SavannahNow.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#1 Dec 15, 2010
middletons is not my teams player but i still find that hit to be a tidius call. somebody in the nfl is pocketting a lot of money for every bullsh.t hit helmet to helmet? "caugh caughgoodell" oops, i ment to say oh well!(LOL) maybe all the money is going to a childrens benefit or something like that? naaahhh!:(
GO RAIDERS!!!
LOL

Tampa, FL

#2 Dec 16, 2010
everyone knows the jag players can't hurt anyone with a hit or tackle.....it was an incorrect call.

and, the low sum of $5000. shows it was a questionable call but, it seems every helmet to helmet hit has to be backed up with a fine of some kind.

It was not a legitiment helmet to helmet hit.....it should have been a personal foul call for slamming the QB to the ground.

because of a very possible lockout next year, Goodell has been working diligently to accumalate enough extra money to cover his income and operating expenses until the money starts flowing again.

BTW.....middleton won't be paying the fine out of his pocket....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacksonville Jaguars Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Brady, Pats unstoppable (Jan '08) May 14 tom wingo 855
News NFL mock draft 3.0: Could Gurley crack top 10? May 13 stewart scott 5
Jags 2015 draft May 6 Marooncat79 1
News Nick Marshall Headlines Undrafted Free Agent Si... May 4 tom wingo 3
News Jacksonville Jaguars Player Takes Teen with Can... May 4 tom wingo 2
News Former UConn Star Jordan Todman Signs 1-Year De... Mar '15 Perfect Panther Fit 1
News NFL mock draft: Jameis Winston and Marcus Mario... Mar '15 Sports Morons 1
More from around the web