Steelers kicked to curb

Steelers kicked to curb

There are 1147 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Jan 6, 2008, titled Steelers kicked to curb. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Faced with one of the biggest flops in NFL history, the Jacksonville Jaguars found a way to escape just as quarterback David Garrard did all last night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 58
Next Last
Steeler fans suck

Towson, MD

#1 Jan 6, 2008
so sweet to hear the hometown support at the end of the half. such classy people.
Cal Frez

Melbourne, FL

#2 Jan 6, 2008
Now maybe the Steelers will get an offensive line. You can't have an OFFENSE without an OFFENSIVE LINE!
liquidfox

Dover, DE

#3 Jan 6, 2008
It was just good to see the Steelers lose.
Cal Frez

Melbourne, FL

#4 Jan 6, 2008
liquidfox wrote:
It was just good to see the Steelers lose.
Sounds like you had your feelers hurt by the Steelers sometime in the past. Poor baby! Did your mommy change you nappies for you when the Steelers beat your precious team?
From the cheap seats

Middle River, MD

#5 Jan 6, 2008
Steelers were beaten, skins lost, great day all around. Hey, cal frez sounds like you are upset and have issues with the steeler's loss. So sorry. Good luck next season but for this year your team is OUT!
Ben

Frederick, MD

#6 Jan 6, 2008
I loved watching smiley face Hines Ward during the game. His smileys turned into that sad defeated look.
Michael

Willis, MI

#7 Jan 6, 2008
1 and DONE! Justice was served last night. Even though it made me nervous I am glad the steelers came back and took the lead only to squander it in the final minutes. I wish I could have been there to see the fans' disappointment.
Richard H

Washington, DC

#8 Jan 6, 2008
Man what a great start to the year of 2008. This definately was the game of the day yesterday. Jacksonville had the Squeelers down and out, but they were able to come back and hold the lead for a moment. It's nice to see the Jags hold on and advance. It's even nicer to see the Squeelers packing it up and heading home. To all of the Squeelers fans you guys are Definately 1 pump chumps in the playoffs. Sounds like FOOTE is already complaining about someone holding. Nothing but excuses. Take some ownership your done. Only thing that would be better is to see the Jags beat the patriots,
Beamer

United States

#9 Jan 6, 2008
Championship teams overcome bad officiating. The Steelers couldn't overcome the bad offciating in last nights loss to the Jags. Steelers will be back! I am however surprised Tomlin went concervative on us with 2.5 minutes to go and turned the ball over to the Jags relying on our defense to win it. The Steeler offense was on a roll, coming back being down 21 to 7 at the half and making it 28 to 29 with minutes left. Let our offense go for the first downs and ultimately the TD. Learn from this one Tomlin! The better team did not advance last night though.....
Black and Fold

Washington, DC

#10 Jan 6, 2008
Here we go Squeelers!! Here we go HOME. Here we go Squeelers!! Here we go HOME!! Here we go Squeelers!! Here we go HOME!! Sounds like a wonderful anthem to me. Man go break out the Freezer Bag zip locks. Looks like those terrible towels have been put on ICE. What a wonderful outcome looks like 08 is off to a great start!!!!!!!!!!
Black and Fold

Washington, DC

#11 Jan 6, 2008
Beamer wrote:
Championship teams overcome bad officiating. The Steelers couldn't overcome the bad offciating in last nights loss to the Jags. Steelers will be back! I am however surprised Tomlin went concervative on us with 2.5 minutes to go and turned the ball over to the Jags relying on our defense to win it. The Steeler offense was on a roll, coming back being down 21 to 7 at the half and making it 28 to 29 with minutes left. Let our offense go for the first downs and ultimately the TD. Learn from this one Tomlin! The better team did not advance last night though.....
Dude your in denial. Jacksonville was the better team. I believe they already beat the squeelers once this year and to top it off it was at HEINEE FIELD. Squeelers Blow!!!
Bill

Dundalk, MD

#12 Jan 6, 2008
At least Pittsburgh scored 29 points last night, unlike last year's stellar effort of 6 points for the Blackbirds, at home! At one point, in the first half I though Kyle Boller was quarterbacking for the Steelers. Good luck winning six games next year Ravens.
Cal Frez

Melbourne, FL

#13 Jan 6, 2008
Richard H wrote:
Man what a great start to the year of 2008. This definately was the game of the day yesterday. Jacksonville had the Squeelers down and out, but they were able to come back and hold the lead for a moment. It's nice to see the Jags hold on and advance. It's even nicer to see the Squeelers packing it up and heading home. To all of the Squeelers fans you guys are Definately 1 pump chumps in the playoffs. Sounds like FOOTE is already complaining about someone holding. Nothing but excuses. Take some ownership your done. Only thing that would be better is to see the Jags beat the patriots,
What color is the sky on the planet you're on???? The Jags beating the Patriots? Have you even been watching the Pat games, lately?

I like the Jags, and they are a strong team, but they aren't Superbowl winners yet. Let's see them beat a rested NE team.
Cal Frez

Melbourne, FL

#14 Jan 6, 2008
Black and Fold wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude your in denial. Jacksonville was the better team. I believe they already beat the squeelers once this year and to top it off it was at HEINEE FIELD. Squeelers Blow!!!
You Maryland boys are just jealous. What did the RAVENS do this year???
Rich

United States

#15 Jan 6, 2008
Cal Frez wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of stinking it up at home, with the 2nd most overrated QB in the league (DA of Browns #1), the Raven's get a high draft pick! What a waste for the Steelers! Rothlesbuerger can always be counted on to be a TURNOVER MACHINE!(Even in their Superbowl win he stunk!) What an embarrassment!

-Was also great to see the Redskins lose. Now Ravens fans don't have to hear about Redskins/Steelers anymore. Losing in the 1st round stinks! Almost as bad as not making the playoffs, except we get a high draft pick!!!!!!! Go Ravens!!!!
Black and Fold

Washington, DC

#17 Jan 6, 2008
Cal Frez wrote:
<quoted text>
man why would we be jealous?? We are ELATED THAT THE SQUEELERS GOT BOUNCED. So much so that I had my diet dr pepper this morning went in and took my morning constitutional and wiped my HEINEEZZ with my yellow terrible towel. What a great start to the new year. Stop your Squeeling Cal Frez just because you got your feelers hurt that the sqeelers choked once again. Hey at least you have those grey skies to look forward to up in steel town. P.S. could you send your girlfriend down to baltimore I could employ her. I need my house cleaned...
Rob

Las Vegas, NV

#18 Jan 6, 2008
Hines ward grabs Brian Willams by the face mask and drags him into the endzone and willams is called for pass interference....either the ref's are senile or the bias the steelers receive from the officials is blatant...obviously the stealers are the NFL's big moneymaker when it comes to sales and marketing, but it's gotten ridiculous.... is this the NFL or the WWF.....even in their dysfunctional state the Ravens have more substance than this product of Biased NFL officiating will ever have....the stealers are a fraud, and Hines psyc ward is the dirtiest player in the leauge and the king of the cheap shot artist.... and Im glad I wont have to see his ugly smiling face again until next year when hopefully someone pokes him in his eye or twist his face mask so he can see what it feels like.... and when they put him in the hall of fame I hope they make sure they write how dirty of a player he was on the inscription.....bye bye rustbuckets C-ya............
dan

Hyattsville, MD

#19 Jan 6, 2008
HA..HA....makes the Ravens win against the Paperlers look even more impressive! raven's ran all over the Bid Steelers defense and so did the Jag's QB. All of you Steeler fans in Bawl enjoy your miserable winter. Actually, why don't you all just move to Pittsburgh and you can all commiserate together! Go Raven's!
cindy

Hyattsville, MD

#20 Jan 6, 2008
What a great day! Steelers lost, Redskins lost and if Indy loses...ahhhhh, the Trifecta!
Slick McSteel

Slippery Rock, PA

#21 Jan 6, 2008
I guess when you root for a perennial no show team like the baltimore ravens your only recourse is to root against the team that annually kicks your behind in league standings. The Steelers record is way better than the ravens record year in and year out. 5 super bowl rings etc. But look at the bright side for your team, there's nowhere to go but up! I didn't check but did you guys or the bengals finish lastplace this year?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 58
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacksonville Jaguars Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bengals' Green says Ramsey 'got under my skin' ... Nov 7 Fart Echo 6
News Jaguars deactivate RB Fournette for violating t... Nov 6 Good Farts 2
News Ray Lewis defends kneeling with Ravens in Londo... Sep '17 VikingPhart 2
News About 2 dozen NFL players kneel for national an... Sep '17 Viking Phartt 7
News Bye, bye Bortles? Jaguars open up quarterback c... Aug '17 HavingPhartx 4
News Jaguars' Bortles striving to 'change narrative'... (May '17) May '17 Striving phartt 2
News Jaguars owner Shad Khan frustrated, wants 'brea... (Mar '17) Mar '17 WantsPhartx 2
More from around the web