Tim Tebow: Breaking Down Top Potential Destinations for Polarizing Quarterback

Dec 19, 2012 Full story: BleacherReport 24

After the Jets imploded on national TV Monday night, coach Rex Ryan opted to bench the hapless Mark Sanchez in Week 16.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chad

Staten Island, NY

#1 Dec 19, 2012
Rex Ryan cannot answer the question, why was Tim Tebow brought here? I personally feel he was brought here to keep fans coming to games & keep the jersey sales rolling. Just like when they brought Brett Fave in, big woop for 1season. It gets the fans amped up & buying at the beginning of the season, then pissed off at the end.
Dean

Duluth, GA

#2 Dec 20, 2012
Rex Ryan should be fired on the spot for his inefficient coaching job for not utilizing Tim Tebow who has proven himself from High Schol, won the national champion, College Football won national champion and Heisman trophy. Rex Ryan have not even accomplished or nothing to prove you better quit before you get fired shame on you not even listening o the owner's advice as well as the fans New York Jets overall wake up!
Gino Torretta

Miami, FL

#3 Dec 20, 2012
Any QB who has proven himself in high school, won a college championship, and won the Heisman is an unquestionable starting-caliber NFL QB. Coaches need to put aside what they've seen in NFL practices and games and give them playing time because they've got a Heisman Trophy dammit. That's just the way it goes. You listening to me, Danny Wuerffel? I got your back.
B Matthews

Tampa, FL

#4 Dec 20, 2012
Anyone that knows anything about football and football players cant say that Tim has ever been given a chance to show what he can do. Just like all the so called experts saying that the spread offense will never work in the NFL. Take a look a RGIII and the comments Now are about how effective the spread offense is and how hard it is to defend against . Maybe we should look at some tape of their comments of last year to determine how expert they are. Give the guy the chance he deserves and then make your comments on his effectiveness. I'll put my money on Tim Every Time, winners are not taught they are born !!!
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#5 Dec 20, 2012
B Matthews wrote:
Anyone that knows anything about football and football players cant say that Tim has ever been given a chance to show what he can do. Just like all the so called experts saying that the spread offense will never work in the NFL. Take a look a RGIII and the comments Now are about how effective the spread offense is and how hard it is to defend against . Maybe we should look at some tape of their comments of last year to determine how expert they are. Give the guy the chance he deserves and then make your comments on his effectiveness. I'll put my money on Tim Every Time, winners are not taught they are born !!!
The difference between Tebow and RG3 is a little thing called accuracy and touch. Tebow's got the touch of a mason, accuracy of a scud missle. This is a QB league and you honestly can't have a QB completing less than 45% of his passes.
Your assertion "winners are not taught they are born" works in pop-warner, high school and to some extent, college. I remind you Tebow did not win games in December last year because he had been "figured out" by defensive coordinators. His playoff win was more of a function of utter lack of respect for him as a QB by Pittsburgh. His playoff loss to New England exposed him as a clueless QB who couldn't beat a team he previously lost to.
Face it, his time is up. He will go down in NFL lore as a mythical first round bust
ISawIt

Miami, FL

#6 Dec 20, 2012
B Matthews wrote:
Anyone that knows anything about football and football players cant say that Tim has ever been given a chance to show what he can do.
That's a stretch. He played in 14 games with Denver last year. He's a mobile option QB with the passing arm of Joe Buck.
FLORIDA SWAMPER

Jacksonville, FL

#7 Dec 20, 2012
Dean wrote:
Rex Ryan should be fired on the spot for his inefficient coaching job for not utilizing Tim Tebow who has proven himself from High Schol, won the national champion, College Football won national champion and Heisman trophy. Rex Ryan have not even accomplished or nothing to prove you better quit before you get fired shame on you not even listening o the owner's advice as well as the fans New York Jets overall wake up!
AMEN! RYAN HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT AN UNDERACHIEVER AS A COACH, WHILE TEBOW HAS DONE NOTHING BUT OVERACHIEVE AS A PLAYER
FLORIDA SWAMPER

Jacksonville, FL

#8 Dec 20, 2012
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>The difference between Tebow and RG3 is a little thing called accuracy and touch. Tebow's got the touch of a mason, accuracy of a scud missle. This is a QB league and you honestly can't have a QB completing less than 45% of his passes.
Your assertion "winners are not taught they are born" works in pop-warner, high school and to some extent, college. I remind you Tebow did not win games in December last year because he had been "figured out" by defensive coordinators. His playoff win was more of a function of utter lack of respect for him as a QB by Pittsburgh. His playoff loss to New England exposed him as a clueless QB who couldn't beat a team he previously lost to.
Face it, his time is up. He will go down in NFL lore as a mythical first round bust
JOHN ELWAY WOULD HAVE WENT DOWN AS THE BIGGEST QB BUST of ALL TIME OF NOT FOR TERRELL DAVIS. ALL YOU PEOPLE FROM COLORADO SHOULD BE KISSING DAVIS' ASS FOR SAVING ELWAY'S CAREER
blumpkin

Meridian, ID

#9 Dec 20, 2012
TIM tebow needs a start. I don't care where. Everyone says he is "over-rated" but he isn't. He took a losing team to the playoffs and won. What else can you ask for? A superbowl?
Clem

Hamilton, Canada

#11 Dec 20, 2012
entrenched wrote:
60%completion percentage, at least 225 yds per game, more touchdowns than interceptions would be a good start. Best place for him is the vatican!
He's also a pedo-phile
Dave

Marina Del Rey, CA

#12 Dec 20, 2012
Tebow was the best college player I've ever seen in my life and that that I was against him being a Florida state fan,in Denver he finally got his chance and was awesome,broncos sucked he picked them up and took them to the playoffs he was on the cover of every magazine,you can't blame him for the jets not winning he was only in 3 plays a game,why are people looking at him like you suck Tebow the jets can't even win,why you saying that about him he's on the bench,coach Rex sucks,they have no WR's and no running game.i don't even blame Sanchez for them losing....u want to fire someone fire Rex Ryan...
The Elway Freeway

Miami, FL

#13 Dec 21, 2012
FLORIDA SWAMPER wrote:
<quoted text>JOHN ELWAY WOULD HAVE WENT DOWN AS THE BIGGEST QB BUST of ALL TIME OF NOT FOR TERRELL DAVIS. ALL YOU PEOPLE FROM COLORADO SHOULD BE KISSING DAVIS' ASS FOR SAVING ELWAY'S CAREER
Yeah, Elway had a mere THREE SB appearances before Davis came around. He was surely bust material lmao

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#14 Dec 21, 2012
CFL

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#15 Dec 21, 2012
back to Florida
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#16 Dec 21, 2012
He should become a martyr (oh wait he is)
He needs to put on his football gear, clone himself, and get nailed to the cross-bars of every franchise he sat on the bench for. His decomposing body and pure stench would serve as a reminder for the franchises to fully utilize all players talents, no matter how limited they are
Alex

Charlotte, NC

#17 Dec 21, 2012
entrenched wrote:
60%completion percentage, at least 225 yds per game, more touchdowns than interceptions would be a good start. Best place for him is the vatican!
I'll give you that he's not a good passer, but he is a winner. Plus, he makes all the players around him want to play better, he is a leader of men, also he does well when he is under a coach who knows how to use him, in case you haven't notice every QB the first few years of their NFL career they don't look all that great, when Tim was in Denver last season, it was really his rookie season, and he got them to the playoffs. He set records last season, yeah he lost to Tom Brady, most teams do, its Tom Brady. But, even New England's coach said that Tim Tebow is a great QB, "IF" you use him correctly. Tim Tebow is a winner, people last season said he wouldn't make to the playoffs, but he did and got an AFC West Championship. It's time to move on from the old fashsion Football and move on to something new. Tim Tebow and RGIII play a type of offense that everyone said it wouldn't work, but it did. Tim has only had one chance to show what he is capable of, but just think what Denver could have accomplished if he would of had the entire season. You got critics now saying that Jets would of had a much better season with Tim as the starter. Who cares how you look in practice, what can you do for me on the field? Can you win me the game if I put the ball in your hands? And more often than none, Tim will win you the game if you give him the ball and let him play the way he knows how to win. It can be done, watch Tim Tebow will be a great QB in this game. Why, because he will never QUIT!!!!
armless QBs unite

Miami, FL

#18 Dec 21, 2012
Alex wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll give you that he's not a good passer, but he is a winner. Plus, he makes all the players around him want to play better, he is a leader of men, also he does well when he is under a coach who knows how to use him, in case you haven't notice every QB the first few years of their NFL career they don't look all that great, when Tim was in Denver last season, it was really his rookie season, and he got them to the playoffs. He set records last season, yeah he lost to Tom Brady, most teams do, its Tom Brady. But, even New England's coach said that Tim Tebow is a great QB, "IF" you use him correctly. Tim Tebow is a winner, people last season said he wouldn't make to the playoffs, but he did and got an AFC West Championship. It's time to move on from the old fashsion Football and move on to something new. Tim Tebow and RGIII play a type of offense that everyone said it wouldn't work, but it did. Tim has only had one chance to show what he is capable of, but just think what Denver could have accomplished if he would of had the entire season. You got critics now saying that Jets would of had a much better season with Tim as the starter. Who cares how you look in practice, what can you do for me on the field? Can you win me the game if I put the ball in your hands? And more often than none, Tim will win you the game if you give him the ball and let him play the way he knows how to win. It can be done, watch Tim Tebow will be a great QB in this game. Why, because he will never QUIT!!!!
You know, I myself am a lot like Tebow. I too have played on winning teams, I also don't quit, and I'm also not a good passer. Maybe I too should be an NFL starting QB.
armless QBs unite

Miami, FL

#19 Dec 21, 2012
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
He should become a martyr (oh wait he is)
He needs to put on his football gear, clone himself, and get nailed to the cross-bars of every franchise he sat on the bench for. His decomposing body and pure stench would serve as a reminder for the franchises to fully utilize all players talents, no matter how limited they are
lmao

...but, but, but he doesn't need to be a good passer. He's a weiner!
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#20 Dec 21, 2012
Alex wrote:
<quoted text> Tim Tebow is a winner, people last season said he wouldn't make to the playoffs, but he did and got an AFC West Championship. Tim Tebow will never be a great QB in this game. Why? because HE WILL QUIT!!!!
what the hell is an AFC Championship? A mythical title for a mythical QB? Dumbass, he lost the last 3 games of the regular season and backed into the playoffs. Tebow spends all of his time talking about how hard he works. Peyton Manning spends all of his time working and leading his team mates to work harder in practice. Tebow doesn't do that. If there is a photo-op for him he'll be there instead of studying game plans
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#21 Dec 21, 2012
armless QBs unite wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I myself am a lot like Tebow. I too have played on winning teams, I also don't quit, and I'm also not a good passer. Maybe I too should be an NFL starting QB.
Correction:
Maybe I too should be an NFL BENCH-RIDING QB

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacksonville Jaguars Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jaguars: Suspended Blackmon 'doing very well' Oct 2 Marley Time 2
NFL Takeaways: What Is Up With the New England ... Sep 26 Jim 24
NFL Power Rankings Week 3: Predicting Post-"Mon... Sep '14 Reggie McWTF 6
Jaguars WR Hurns wants to repeata Sep '14 IPISS 3
Jacksonville Jaguars: 10 Bold Predictions For T... Sep '14 Mark Brunell 3
Jaguars Forever; Forever Jaguars Sep '14 FLORIDA SWAMPER 2
Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Philadelphia Eagles: B... Sep '14 Loseruars 1

Jacksonville Jaguars People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE