Could The Raiders Have Interest in Former Jaguars QB David Garrard?

Sep 8, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NFL GridIron Gab

The Raiders are famous for picking up castoffs. With the sudden release of David Garrard by the Jaguars yesterday, the Raiders might have some interest in Garrard according to Steve Corkran of the Contra Costa Times.

Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Sep 9, 2011

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#1 Sep 8, 2011
Man, if it were still preseason, I'd say go for it. I think Campbell is a decent quarterback as well as Garrard. I've never been a fan of Boller, but Garrard would have to learn a whole nother playbook. Then again Pryor is out at least 5 games as of now unless otherwise told so that would give us a decent option as a 3rd QB. I honestly think Garrard would push Campbell to be the starter and that would put a huge kink in our offense because Campbell played his best ball when he was the unquestioned starter. Tough decision all around
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#2 Sep 8, 2011
TexasRaider wrote:
Man, if it were still preseason, I'd say go for it. I think Campbell is a decent quarterback as well as Garrard. I've never been a fan of Boller, but Garrard would have to learn a whole nother playbook. Then again Pryor is out at least 5 games as of now unless otherwise told so that would give us a decent option as a 3rd QB. I honestly think Garrard would push Campbell to be the starter and that would put a huge kink in our offense because Campbell played his best ball when he was the unquestioned starter. Tough decision all around
Better hope not or that Klu-Kluxer from Virginia will be writing 'updates' daily. Actually I like Garrard, he's a physical QB with an arm. I think he'd be an upgrade from Campbell

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#3 Sep 8, 2011
(lol) va., looks at t.v. by himself (if they haven't stole that too) with no neighbors around. his neighbors only go over there to steal his vintage couch and his nice ford truck. other than that he's a borrrrring mutha efr! but anyways,
i too kind of tend to think garrard would be an upgrade from campbell. right now, campbell is doing fine. if continues to do good this year like he did last year, we're set for a while. he could be the next r gannon! trust me, gannon wasn't my favorite but he could put up some numbers connecting with his receivers! oh yea, he could.
RAIDERS 2011!!!
raidking

Long Beach, CA

#4 Sep 9, 2011
cambbells gonna get it done for now pryors gonna be a beast the next mike vick i seen him play live dudes real!!!!!
Bwwaaahhahaa

Newark, CA

#5 Sep 9, 2011
Raiders? Hahahaha
Farva

Bedford, IN

#6 Sep 9, 2011
Pryor will tank in the NFL, and Garrard has already proven he can't lead a team. Campbell may have been decent at one time, but all the crap he went through in Washington has ruined him.
If Al Davis wasn't drunk when he drafted, the Raiders would be a dominate team in their division.
You Radiers fans should hope your team tanks, so you can throw your name in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes... although Al probably wouldn't take him anyway.
Raiderfaith

United States

#7 Sep 9, 2011
Would be dominate in our division? We were 6-0 in the AFC West last year...we ARE dominate in our division. Yes we need improvements for sure and coaching changes have probably set us back this year...but we are heading in the right direction.
Farva wrote:
Pryor will tank in the NFL, and Garrard has already proven he can't lead a team. Campbell may have been decent at one time, but all the crap he went through in Washington has ruined him.
If Al Davis wasn't drunk when he drafted, the Raiders would be a dominate team in their division.
You Radiers fans should hope your team tanks, so you can throw your name in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes... although Al probably wouldn't take him anyway.
Farva

Bedford, IN

#8 Sep 9, 2011
Raiderfaith wrote:
Would be dominate in our division? We were 6-0 in the AFC West last year...we ARE dominate in our division. Yes we need improvements for sure and coaching changes have probably set us back this year...but we are heading in the right direction.<quoted text>
Good point.
Now if you could just dominate the other 28 teams...
Raiderfaith

United States

#9 Sep 9, 2011
Agreed.
Farva wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point.
Now if you could just dominate the other 28 teams...

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#10 Sep 9, 2011
the thing here is, did we switch coaches for the better? the pre-season certainly didn't say so. monday night you will see a team put together.53 MEN! even after this first game. there will always be room for improvement and throughout. look at saints coach last night? did damn good vs packers, and he felt ashamed and down about his loss. room for improvement? yea. but his team didn't play bad. you'd think he went 4-0 in pre-season!
RAIDERS 2011!!!
the way it is

Spring Hill, FL

#11 Sep 9, 2011
Al Davis has instructed his top football people to go dumpster diving.
He's provided them with gloves and flashlights.

“PLAY TO WIN”

OG, "so cal."

#12 Sep 9, 2011
the way it is wrote:
Al Davis has instructed his top football people to go dumpster diving.
He's provided them with gloves and flashlights.
and found nothing but shitty nfl teams. good thing they were wearing gloves!
RAIDERS 2011!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacksonville Jaguars Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jaguars sticking with Henne over Bortles at QB 15 hr FLORIDA SWAMPER 9
5 Worst Teams In NFL Heading Into 2014 Season 15 hr Flatulence Fred 21
First game a big game for Jaguars WR Tandon Doss 17 hr TealTards 1
Falcons, Jaguars trying to settle O-line in fin... 17 hr TealTards 1
Red Bryant still motivated by release 17 hr TealTards 1
Jacksonville Jaguars Cut to 75 17 hr TealTards 1
CBS Sports says Toby Gerhart is a better fantas... 17 hr TealTards 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000