Indianapolis Colts Owner Jim Irsay Wa...

Indianapolis Colts Owner Jim Irsay Wants Franchise To Emulate 2001-2004 New England Patriots

There are 2 comments on the Rant Sports story from Aug 3, 2013, titled Indianapolis Colts Owner Jim Irsay Wants Franchise To Emulate 2001-2004 New England Patriots. In it, Rant Sports reports that:

It's rare that a franchise's leader openly admits to modeling his team after the team's most heated rival of the past decade.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rant Sports.

Bartender

La Palma, CA

#1 Aug 3, 2013
Very interesting. The owner of the team that has had Peyton Manning at the helm for 15 years would rather have the infrastructure of the Brady led Pats over his own sports writer loving QB. May the Luck be with him.
Finally, within the same 12 month period we have seen Michael Jordan's own coach, Phil Jackson and Peyton Mannings own owner, Jim Irsay select someone other than their own guys as the way to go.
Jackson said he would pick Russell over Jordan (and Russell picks Oscar Robertson as the best ever as did Russell's coach Red Auerbach).
Irsay wants to follow in the footsteps of the Pats and Brady, not his own Colts and Manning.
Can't wait to hear thse who have been manipulated by the press all these years to cry foul and spin it so what was said doesn't mean what it means. A lot like the Gov't. only common denominator in both is the press. Just another proof text for why we need to learn how to think for ourselves.
The press tells us we are to corinate Jordan and Manning but the folks who know them best say otherwise. The correct answers are Oscar Robertson and Tom Brady. Now you know.
Cabby

La Palma, CA

#2 Aug 4, 2013
Bartender wrote:
Very interesting. The owner of the team that has had Peyton Manning at the helm for 15 years would rather have the infrastructure of the Brady led Pats over his own sports writer loving QB. May the Luck be with him.
Finally, within the same 12 month period we have seen Michael Jordan's own coach, Phil Jackson and Peyton Mannings own owner, Jim Irsay select someone other than their own guys as the way to go.
Jackson said he would pick Russell over Jordan (and Russell picks Oscar Robertson as the best ever as did Russell's coach Red Auerbach).
Irsay wants to follow in the footsteps of the Pats and Brady, not his own Colts and Manning.
Can't wait to hear thse who have been manipulated by the press all these years to cry foul and spin it so what was said doesn't mean what it means. A lot like the Gov't. only common denominator in both is the press. Just another proof text for why we need to learn how to think for ourselves.
The press tells us we are to corinate Jordan and Manning but the folks who know them best say otherwise. The correct answers are Oscar Robertson and Tom Brady. Now you know.
Take fares to the Forum regularly. Amazing to listen to them. Most (but not all) of the general public and current day players accept Jordan and LeBron and of course Kobe as the best but when I get the coaches and their staff and NBA Execs they all agree to disagree between Russell, Robertson and Chamberlain. The best reasoning I've heard said Robertson had not only the best all-around skills but the best skills of any one player. That Russell was the most driven and greatest winner as well as the greatest athlete to ever play. That Chamberlain was a monster of a man that could not be stopped scoring or rebounding (except maybe sometimes by Russell). The old guys who have seen the players from years ago and today seem to agree that today's players are lacking something that made players great years ago. And current day folks have no way to judge the great players of years ago so they go with what they know. Soon all the old coaches and execs will be gone and so will the knowledge of who the greatest players actually were.
I have to admit, it would be nice if the current day players learned to dribble properly without carrying the ball or getting away with extra steps. The game has changed from a skill sport to one of athleticism and we are all the poorer for it.
In hearing all this chatter
I've come to the conclusion that the NBA picks a player every decade or so and markets them as the best ever to bolster their NBA sales and keep the public interested. This decades selection is LeBron. Personally I like Mr. Duncan for this decade, at least so far, larger body of work, and a very nice man, good tipper.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Colts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colts commission artist to create statue of Pey... Jul 15 Bradylust 2
News Transgender advocates show support at Glendale ... May '16 Three Days 1
News Manning changed the way we play, and watch, foo... Mar '16 Fart news 2
News Peyton Manning to Retire from the NFL Mar '16 Fart news 2
News Football fans still love quarterback Tim Tebow Mar '16 Fart news 2
News Peyton Manning cited in lawsuit against Univers... Mar '16 Fart news 10
News Colts waive LB Newsome after marijuana arrest Feb '16 Fart news 2
More from around the web