Kony 2012: Campaign to arrest war crim goes viral

Mar 7, 2012 Full story: www.news.com.au 152

A campaign to bring accused war criminal Joseph Kony, the fugitive head of Uganda's Lord's Resistance Army rebels, to justice has gone viral on the internet.

Full Story
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Stag_r_lee

Scottsdale, AZ

#159 Mar 12, 2012
bottlecap wrote:
<quoted text>
A "mainstream outlet"??? That is a TOTALLY TRADEGY as BIG MONEY International Bankers have a lock on information flow and have had a lock since the advent of coast to coast television in the 1950's.
Libya doesn't get any play because it DOES NOT fit into their agenda.
As far as blaming Islam for the ongoing atrocities I think the facts speak for themselves.
Yes Christians, mainly the Spanish and Portugese, were involved in slavery, and that cannot be discounted. 30 MILLION is an inflated figure---closer to 12 MILLION.
BUT the ARAB/MUSLIM SLAVE TRADE was far worse in BRUTALITY, SCOPE, NUMBERS and TIME LINE.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =8zM_MzkLKPYXX
Re: UTUBE: SEE BELOW WHAT A PROFESSIONAL SOURCE SHOULD LOOK LIKE.

All I've ever asked of Islamophobes is that they provide reliable sources for claims regarding Islam/Arab involvement in African slavery. It's only been about four years. Seems you folks should be able to come up with something. LOL
The number 12 million is a revisionist number.(12 million is actually an estimate of British slaves that survived.) Reliable scholars, counting those enslaved but died during transport . they put the total at 24 million and that is a conservative number. Also, the focus of James Walvin'a Black Ivory (Howard 1992) was British slavery. His focus would not include the genesis of chattel slavery in the Netherlands, for example

With respect to providing sources: allow me to give you a clue to what a real professional historian looks like.
CR Boxer, Historian:
Awards:
Awards and honours

Honorary doctorate, University of Utrecht, 1950

Honorary doctorate, University of Lisbon, 1952

Fellow of the British Academy, 1957

Honorary doctorate, Universidade Federal da Bahia, 1959

Honorary doctorate, University of Liverpool, 1966

Member of the China Academy, Taiwan, 1966

Papal Knight of the Order of St. Gregory the Great, 1969

Honorary doctorate, University of Hong Kong, 1971

Honorary doctorate, University of Peradeniya, 1980

Gold Medal, Institute Historico e Geografico Brasileiro, 1986.

Caird Medal of the National Maritime Museum, 1989

Other awards:

Order of Santiago da Espada (Portugal)

Grand Cross of the Order of Infante D. Henrique (Portugal)

BRING REFERENCES IF YOU WISH TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!
Stag_r_lee

Scottsdale, AZ

#160 Mar 12, 2012
NOTES ON
The Arab Muslim Slave Trade Of Africans, The Untold Story
A Video intended for fools. LOL
Here's why:
1. We are not told who narrates this video. Sounds like a Middle East person, but who can really say.
2. Since we don't know who the narrator is, we cannot question his credentials.
3. Of equal importance, he claims that there are statistics to back up his claims, but provides not a single source.(He does provide photos, but who has tested them for authenticity.)
4. Given that the narrator has provided no substantial info regarding his knowledge of the Arab slave trade, he goes on to make statements about the European slave trade, again--no credentials, no data to back up his accusations, not specific sources.
5, the narrator goes so far as to indicate that there was institutionalization of Black slavery. This is a damaging admission, since if the practice was institutionalized, then there must be laws, rules and written records detailing the role and number of slaves.
6, Another damning admission, the narrator claims that slaves were taken during war. This would not be the case in European slavery, as among Europeans, the aggressor against innocent people was always the European.

“Free Speech in a Free World ”

Since: May 10

Australia

#161 Mar 12, 2012
Stag_r_lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Re: UTUBE: SEE BELOW WHAT A PROFESSIONAL SOURCE SHOULD LOOK LIKE.
All I've ever asked of Islamophobes is that they provide reliable sources for claims regarding Islam/Arab involvement in African slavery. It's only been about four years. Seems you folks should be able to come up with something. LOL
The number 12 million is a revisionist number.(12 million is actually an estimate of British slaves that survived.) Reliable scholars, counting those enslaved but died during transport . they put the total at 24 million and that is a conservative number. Also, the focus of James Walvin'a Black Ivory (Howard 1992) was British slavery. His focus would not include the genesis of chattel slavery in the Netherlands, for example
With respect to providing sources: allow me to give you a clue to what a real professional historian looks like.
CR Boxer, Historian:
Awards:
Awards and honours
Honorary doctorate, University of Utrecht, 1950
Honorary doctorate, University of Lisbon, 1952
Fellow of the British Academy, 1957
Honorary doctorate, Universidade Federal da Bahia, 1959
Honorary doctorate, University of Liverpool, 1966
Member of the China Academy, Taiwan, 1966
Papal Knight of the Order of St. Gregory the Great, 1969
Honorary doctorate, University of Hong Kong, 1971
Honorary doctorate, University of Peradeniya, 1980
Gold Medal, Institute Historico e Geografico Brasileiro, 1986.
Caird Medal of the National Maritime Museum, 1989
Other awards:
Order of Santiago da Espada (Portugal)
Grand Cross of the Order of Infante D. Henrique (Portugal)
BRING REFERENCES IF YOU WISH TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!
Do you mean getting an award for plagiarizing someone else's publication that they plagiarized of someone else and so on until someone wrote down what the government records said of that time ?
Stag_r_lee

Scottsdale, AZ

#162 Mar 12, 2012
Neville Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean getting an award for plagiarizing someone else's publication that they plagiarized of someone else and so on until someone wrote down what the government records said of that time ?
I am not defending historians, per se. I'm simply saying that an academically trained source is a damn sight better than the unsupported garbage we read on TOPIX. For example, when C.R. Boxer noted the unusually high number of Jews active in the African slave trade, We have something that can be challenged, as opposed to wild, and unsupported garbage posted here.
Besides, if you dismiss reliable and traditional historians, that means you must dismiss the political garbage being published under the rubric history. It's up to you. Pay your dime, take your ride.

Australia

#163 Mar 12, 2012
Stag_r_lee wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not defending historians, per se. I'm simply saying that an academically trained source is a damn sight better than the unsupported garbage we read on TOPIX. For example, when C.R. Boxer noted the unusually high number of Jews active in the African slave trade, We have something that can be challenged, as opposed to wild, and unsupported garbage posted here.
Besides, if you dismiss reliable and traditional historians, that means you must dismiss the political garbage being published under the rubric history. It's up to you. Pay your dime, take your ride.
Life is our ride that keeps derailing
jwcool

Gig Harbor, WA

#164 Mar 13, 2012
USA NUMBER ONE wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you are one polite gook ! Here, take that $5 bill to buy a bag of rice for you family :)
dude, you are a real DOOCH-NOZZLE.grow up jerk!

Australia

#165 Mar 14, 2012
Stag_r_lee wrote:
<quoted text>
My Mother can trace her family back through the Scottish House of Stewart towards the Vikings and way back even yonder to a few hunderd years AD which brings thoughts of who wrote the records that are her source.
Tax Fraud

United States

#166 Mar 14, 2012
Phony 2012......
Stag_R_Lee

Scottsdale, AZ

#167 Mar 14, 2012
Neville Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>
My Mother can trace her family back through the Scottish House of Stewart towards the Vikings and way back even yonder to a few hunderd years AD which brings thoughts of who wrote the records that are her source.
Of this you can be absolutely certain: no one here on TOPIX wrote those records, and--unless I miss my gues--few subscribers, here, are aware of the Viking tradition in Scotland. By the way, I'm impressed, and have some minimal acquaintance with Viking lore, Valhalla . Also, it may interest you to know that when the Masons were being suppressed throughout Europe, they fled to Scotland and had a significant influence on the building trade. No, I'm not a Mason. Only the poor son of a Missionary Baptist who has the gall to complain about the rich and powerful plundering, raping and killing poor folks, then running around telling everyone that they are slaughtering folks for humanitarian reasons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valhalla

PBS, also, did a neat documentary on Vikings and their integration into Ireland and northern Europe.

But, I believe it was you who said, this thread is about Kony 2012. It now seems that the U.S. is merely paving the way for another intervention--this time in Africa. Apparently, there is much truth to the claims that KONY is a minimal threat to Uganda, while Black Afrocams are being killed by tens of thousands in neighboring Congo,(not to mention the massacres in Libya) but the Congo killings seem to be in the interest of Western imperialist who seek to control the region.
Phony 2012

United States

#168 Mar 14, 2012
Control all western bowel movements...

Australia

#169 Mar 15, 2012
Stag_R_Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Of this you can be absolutely certain: no one here on TOPIX wrote those records, and--unless I miss my gues--few subscribers, here, are aware of the Viking tradition in Scotland. By the way, I'm impressed, and have some minimal acquaintance with Viking lore, Valhalla . Also, it may interest you to know that when the Masons were being suppressed throughout Europe, they fled to Scotland and had a significant influence on the building trade. No, I'm not a Mason. Only the poor son of a Missionary Baptist who has the gall to complain about the rich and powerful plundering, raping and killing poor folks, then running around telling everyone that they are slaughtering folks for humanitarian reasons.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valhalla
PBS, also, did a neat documentary on Vikings and their integration into Ireland and northern Europe.
But, I believe it was you who said, this thread is about Kony 2012. It now seems that the U.S. is merely paving the way for another intervention--this time in Africa. Apparently, there is much truth to the claims that KONY is a minimal threat to Uganda, while Black Africans are being killed by tens of thousands in neighboring Congo,(not to mention the massacres in Libya) but the Congo killings seem to be in the interest of Western imperialist who seek to control the region.
The Masons built the great castles of Europe and the British Isles & Arabia .
Philip of France owed them a fortune so he hailed them heretic and had them burned at the stake.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#170 Mar 19, 2012
Stag_r_lee wrote:
NOTES ON
The Arab Muslim Slave Trade Of Africans, The Untold Story
A Video intended for fools. LOL
Here's why:
1. We are not told who narrates this video. Sounds like a Middle East person, but who can really say.
2. Since we don't know who the narrator is, we cannot question his credentials.
3. Of equal importance, he claims that there are statistics to back up his claims, but provides not a single source.(He does provide photos, but who has tested them for authenticity.)
4. Given that the narrator has provided no substantial info regarding his knowledge of the Arab slave trade, he goes on to make statements about the European slave trade, again--no credentials, no data to back up his accusations, not specific sources.
5, the narrator goes so far as to indicate that there was institutionalization of Black slavery. This is a damaging admission, since if the practice was institutionalized, then there must be laws, rules and written records detailing the role and number of slaves.
6, Another damning admission, the narrator claims that slaves were taken during war. This would not be the case in European slavery, as among Europeans, the aggressor against innocent people was always the European.
The deal with the Nazis is wiped from the history book. Germany had ambitions for the African Continent and Nelson / Desmond got in the way.
Belgium had the ground game in the Congo, but the war was lost.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Colts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Winners, losers: Did Rodgers kiss MVP goodbye? Dec 17 Bradyrrhea 18
Manning a potential owner? Dec 15 Keith Naugle 1
NFL: Colts complete dramatic comeback over Browns Dec 12 Kevin 10
Jaguars sink to new low vs. Colts Dec 11 Bruce 6
Colts Must Pick Up Ground Game to Make a Playof... Dec 11 TeamBuilding First 1
NFL Week 11 hot reads: Patriots send a message Nov '14 Fartin Fred 8
Brady and Pats are No. 1 in AP Pro32 rankings Nov '14 Flatulence Fred 6
More from around the web