Peyton Manning can be better (somehow...

Peyton Manning can be better (somehow) in 2014, Broncos coach John Fox claims

There are 26 comments on the Sporting News story from Jul 19, 2014, titled Peyton Manning can be better (somehow) in 2014, Broncos coach John Fox claims. In it, Sporting News reports that:

"I think so, we talk about that every day," Broncos coach John Fox said on Friday, according to NFL.com .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sporting News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Night Fury

Cypress, CA

#1 Jul 20, 2014
Just read an article by Tim Lynch at the Mile High Report which means he writes for the people of Denver. Unfortunately the facts he uses to explain why Peytonn is the best QB ever belong to Brady. Thats correct, Lynch uses Brady's stats to hype Peyton. Lynch says that Peyton wins 13 games a year and that no one else comes close. Well I hate to burst your bubble but Peyton has played three years longer that Tom and has 167 wins in the regular season over 15 years then is 11-12 in the post season while Brady has 148 wins in the regular season over 12 years then is 18-8 in the post season. Using just the regular season Manning averages 167/15=11.13 wins, when you include the post season Manning averages 178/15=11.86 wins not 13 per season as Lynch states.
Brady averages 148/12=12.33 wins (thats a game a year more than Peyton), when you include the post season Brady averages 166/12=13.83 (now its two more wins per year than Peyton). Using Lynch's own words...only "Brady" (not Peyton) averages 13 wins a season and nobody else comes close.
Seems Mr. Lynch should now flip flop Manning with Brady and make Brady number one and move Peyton down the line but even Brady's four spot seems too high for Peyton.
When a writer has to manipulate the facts to convince people that Peyton belongs at the top of the list, neither Peyton nor the writer deserves the accolades they have been getting.
Peyton is good, very good but not great. Anyone with his support personnel over the years (HoF WRs, HoF RBs and league best supporting Olines all while playing in a dome and at altitude would give any halfway decent QB a huge statistician advantage. What differs with Peyton is that despite all these advantages he still finds a way to lose games he should win. Meanwhile, Brady has no such luxury as a HoF WR corps, no HoF RBs, no league best supporting Oline and has never played his home games anywhere but in the colder, wind riddled, northeast. Yet, Brady is right there in yearly averages with Peyton and has a much superior postseason record. He also has only thrown 134 INTs to Peyton's 219. Guess it is true. Brady does do more with less and is deserving of the insiders number one rating. Legit analysts realize that Peyton's numbers should be taken in context and reduced by 15-20% while Brady's increased. At least that way they are on a level playing field and then it would be easy to see that Peyton is a Brady wannabe, not even in Tom's class. Switch players with their teams and Brady looks near immortal while Peyton becomes a mediocre QB.
Lynch says Peyton is also number one because of his stats but Favre is ahead in every category (but Lynch iverlooks that) and both Brees and Luck are on track to surpass Peyton (they are also dome QBs). Only non-dome QB in the equation is Brady, and he is right there with them in stats yet ahead in wins per year and SBs.
Next time tell the fans the truth and let them decide for themselves. The smart ones will clearly see its Brady by quite a bit. And Brady is still a top QB despite the media downplaying him. Imagine if they hyped him like they do Peyton.....and there is so much more to hype.
Ralf

Cuautitlán Izcalli, Mexico

#2 Jul 21, 2014
Here we have a crazy fan of Brady. The best way to know who is better is asking all the nfl players who have faced these quarterbacks and they will say with absolute certainty that Peyton Manning. At least that have commented many of these players. Fans' opinion is uninteresting
Rubber Room with a PC

Miami, FL

#3 Jul 22, 2014
Ralf wrote:
Here we have a crazy fan of Brady. The best way to know who is better is asking all the nfl players who have faced these quarterbacks and they will say with absolute certainty that Peyton Manning. At least that have commented many of these players. Fans' opinion is uninteresting
Emphasis on "crazy" and "uninteresting"
Janitor

Cypress, CA

#4 Jul 22, 2014
Ralf wrote:
Here we have a crazy fan of Brady. The best way to know who is better is asking all the nfl players who have faced these quarterbacks and they will say with absolute certainty that Peyton Manning. At least that have commented many of these players. Fans' opinion is uninteresting
Think you missed it again. Players often can't even perform at a top level at their own position, how are they qualified to comment on a position they don't play unless they have proven they have mastered their own. Rookie backups voting skews results just like uninformed voters do in elections. And many players are held captive by info put out by media writers.
Each year a QB will play 16 games of which three are against a team they have already played in their own division. That leaves 32-13=19 teams that have no experience against a QB so must decide based on the media hype. On the teams that do play against a specific QB you would be lucky to have more than a handful qualified to judge but then they have only seen the one QB. Qualified players that have played against both you can count on your hands. And then what if one QB excelled like Brady did against Bree and Peyton didn't against Brady? And why do Peyton fans conveniently forget not only his debacle against Seattle but Brady's miraculous league leading comebacks, the biggest against Peyton's Broncos by overcoming a 24 point deficit?
Most NFL Players are not qualified to make the determination you claim. Many have not even finished College and the few that have had help getting through their classes. Sorry, you dog won't hunt.
Meanwhile, Ray Lewis who has played against both Peyton and Brady numerous times and did master his position has said that Manning is easier to plan for with disguised defenses because he doesn't read defenses as well but predetermines his throws based on pre-snap reads. Seattle said the same thing and were surprised at the media hailing Peyton as being brilliant 43-8 says a lot. Lewis further said that of all the QBs his Raven defense had to play against, Brady was the toughest to prepare for because he reads the defense in real time and takes advantage of wherever the weak spots are on any given play. Think I will agree with a HoFer with over a decade of experience against the two players in question. Steve Young and Bill Parcells also HoFers think Brady is the better QB when factoring all the key parameters. Raw numbers mislead many and the media are not qualified to analyze. Yes Peyton has more yards passing but Brady wins on average two more games a year. Think I will take the wins. Brady wins more games per season than any QB in NFL History. True analysts who use advanced analytics peg Brady above Montana and Unitas while Peyton comes in below Marino around 8-10.
Yes, Peyton has a SB win while Marino does not, but Manning got his SB win while throwing 7 INTs and only 3 TDs that postseason. That year the Colts won not because of Manning but in spite of him. And given the most support in the league, he still finds a way to throw that game losing INT.
Bob Kraft

Houston, TX

#5 Jul 23, 2014
More Manning research by Janitard....his man crush continues....
Laughing Bear Fan

Arvada, CO

#6 Jul 23, 2014
BeliChickenChokingCheater has re-implemented McDaniels filming walkthroughs
Superbowl in their future
Bob Kraft

Houston, TX

#7 Jul 23, 2014
"Lewis further said that of all the QBs his Raven defense had to play against, Brady was the toughest to prepare for because he reads the defense in real time and takes advantage of wherever the weak spots are on any given play."

Real tough to prepare for, obviously

2012–13 NFL playoffs
AFC Championship Game: Baltimore Ravens 28, New England Patriots 13

2009-10 NFL Playoffs
Wild Card playoffs: AFC: Baltimore Ravens 33, New England Patriots 14
Laughing Bear Fan

Arvada, CO

#8 Jul 23, 2014
I guess Flacco must be a better QB than Brady since he had his number in big games
Dave

Cypress, CA

#9 Jul 23, 2014
Bob Kraft wrote:
More Manning research by Janitard....his man crush continues....
Noyptice a lot of complaints and trash talk but no real info to refute that Brady is superior to Manning. Probably because it doesn't exist.
Dave

Cypress, CA

#10 Jul 23, 2014
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
BeliChickenChokingCheater has re-implemented McDaniels filming walkthroughs
Superbowl in their future
League says teams can tape as long as its from their predetermined site. One foot outside that site and you get Mangini-ed. And morons then bad mouth you without knowing the details (see laughing bear fan).
Dave

Cypress, CA

#11 Jul 23, 2014
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
I guess Flacco must be a better QB than Brady since he had his number in big games
Explains a lot. You just guess.
Josh McDaniels

Houston, TX

#12 Jul 24, 2014
Terry

Cypress, CA

#13 Jul 24, 2014
Josh McDaniels wrote:
This is Superior..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =CnFx5S-wxrQXX
It was just as deprived the first two times you put it out there. Hope this kid sues you and takes away all your electronics somyou cant infect anyone. Somehow I think puting you in prison with a roommate named Bubba would only make you happy.
Jake

Cypress, CA

#14 Jul 24, 2014
Bob Kraft wrote:
"Lewis further said that of all the QBs his Raven defense had to play against, Brady was the toughest to prepare for because he reads the defense in real time and takes advantage of wherever the weak spots are on any given play."
Real tough to prepare for, obviously
2012–13 NFL playoffs
AFC Championship Game: Baltimore Ravens 28, New England Patriots 13
2009-10 NFL Playoffs
Wild Card playoffs: AFC: Baltimore Ravens 33, New England Patriots 14
You are funny. Nice cherry picking. Brady is 18-8 in playoff games. What is Peyton? 11-12.
That's seven more wins for Brady in 3 less years of play. Brady also has more SB Championships, AFC Championships and more Division Championships than Peyton and in three less years. In three more years he will have 3 more division Championships, an additional AFC Championship or two and maybe another SB. Get some real facts that carry weight, oh wait, there aren't any because they don't exist. Become a sports writer, they don't pay attention to the context of raw stats either.
Also wanted to Respond to you idiots who say playing at altitude has no effect. Just reported that the Owner of the Broncos is the only owner to win 300 games in 30 years. Looks like that altitude had some effect. In reality this is not proof that altitude is an advantage but is only corroborative info. Science, physics and medicine all prove that training at altitude is an advantage. Only idiots doubt it. Hi all you idiots.
Laughing Bear Fan

Arvada, CO

#15 Jul 25, 2014
What's Brady's playoff record since spygate? below .500?
LMAO
Janitor

Cypress, CA

#16 Jul 25, 2014
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
What's Brady's playoff record since spygate? below .500?
LMAO
Since the new commissioner who wanted to show his power, fined the Pats for filming outside the approved location that allows all teams to film other teams (filming was legal, it just had to be from the box location designated by the league), the Patriots and Brady are 9-8 compared to Peyton's 11-12 career post season numbers. Still a winning record compared to Peyton's losing record.
Notice how I again corrected your misuse of the term spy gate to set the record straight instead of allowing you to make it into something it wasn't. You still can't live with the real facts of what spy gate was. It wasn't cheating as you suggest for your own twisted reasons, but rather a failure of technicality that all teams were guilty of but only enforced against the Pats because Mangini only leveled the complaint against the Pats. The investigation resulted in stiffer penalties for even the slightest technical infractions which pissed the teams off so much that none of them have allowed Mangini, who started this back biting, from working in the NFL for over 7 years now.
Spy Mastergaters

Houston, TX

#17 Jul 28, 2014
Terry, Jake and Janitor masturbate to Manning daily using the same nutty rag and same hand. Then the collective cant wait to post about him on topix. Pure debauchery....
Janitor

Cypress, CA

#18 Jul 29, 2014
Spy Mastergaters wrote:
Terry, Jake and Janitor Manning daily using the same nutty rag and same hand. Then the collective cant wait to post about him on topix. Pure debauchery....
Concerning your pure debauchery, sorry to say I can't disagree with you here. I erased it so as not to repeat it within your comment. The fact that you are proud of it tells us all about your character, or lack of it. You are of your father...When the time comes that you fail to see that your words and action are depraved, you have crossed over to being evil which can often be proven by your then laughing at things that are truly disgusting. Hillary Clinton laughed at a young girl being raped which tells all with ears to hear just who she is. Facilitating her husband to run-around with other women and dead bodies left in her tracks are others. Your comments are meant to injure, which tells us who you are. You have arrived, and have taken your seat at the table of evil.
Your Time is short. Words Jesus once used to another Satan filled worker bee. Condolences. Can you even contemplate just how badly a person has to act to convince another that they are evil? Time to escape your lifestyle if you can.
Janitard Prometheus

Houston, TX

#19 Jul 29, 2014
^^^^ A Mental Midget ^^^^^
Mad Max

Cypress, CA

#20 Jul 30, 2014
Janitard Prometheus wrote:
^^^^ A Mental Midget ^^^^^
That's a good start. Recognizing your limitations is the first step.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Colts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Bizarre Reason The NFL Has Gotten So Lucky ... (Nov '14) Feb 10 One Bizarre Phart 5
News Peyton Manning: Latest News, Rumors, Speculatio... Jan 21 Jay 1
News Manning and Spurrier enter College Football Hal... Jan '17 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Ask the experts (Mar '09) Oct '16 T Lahr 3
News Aqib Talib remains one of game's best cornerbacks Oct '16 Barney Fife 1
News Colts commission artist to create statue of Pey... (Jul '16) Jul '16 Bradylust 2
News Transgender advocates show support at Glendale ... (May '16) May '16 Three Days 1
More from around the web