On deck for Lions: Titans, Vikings

Sep 17, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Detroit Free Press

Last game: The Titans lost at San Diego, 38-10. And Chris Johnson had another bad game: just 17 yards after gaining 11 in Week 1. Scouting report: This week's Jim Schwartz story line is it's a homecoming for him.

Comments
21 - 40 of 56 Comments Last updated Oct 1, 2012

“Lying scumbags need not apply”

Since: Jan 08

Yorktown, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Judged:

The_Solution wrote:
He can't be blamed for a shitty o line. A running back can only be as good as the line. If you watch he is getting hit as soon as he touches the ball.
Ahem. Peterson has been used to running behind a shitty O line. Plus he's had shity play calling (Childress still sucks). Good backs like AP make things happen. In CJ's career year, he had a better than average O line (Mawae) and good coaching. Turns out that without them he's just not that good of a running back.

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Stubby wrote:
<quoted text>Ahem. Peterson has been used to running behind a shitty O line. Plus he's had shity play calling (Childress still sucks). Good backs like AP make things happen. In CJ's career year, he had a better than average O line (Mawae) and good coaching. Turns out that without them he's just not that good of a running back.
True, the reason I think they have a bad line now is because the main staples of the titans o line that was there when cj had his good years. You may be right it's just my opinion. Vikings have a good run blocking line.
Harry

Park River, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

QBees wrote:
<quoted text>
Leave Cutler out of this....
Cutler is a slug.

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

Stubby wrote:
<quoted text>Ahem. Peterson has been used to running behind a shitty O line. Plus he's had shity play calling (Childress still sucks). Good backs like AP make things happen. In CJ's career year, he had a better than average O line (Mawae) and good coaching. Turns out that without them he's just not that good of a running back.
I just saw the stat on NFL live, and he indeed is getting hit 2 yards deep in the back field on more than half of his carries. So ALOT of blame is on the o line.
Used and Abused

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Peterson will be like Earl Campbell soon...

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/09/18/hall...
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

Peterson will be wearing another uniform when the Vikings new Palacial Stadium opens.
a janitor uni

Yorktown, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Judged:

Locker ran for more yards than CJ. CJ's a greedy chump who got his money and doesn't care about the game.
Chris John Stoned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
He will leave the game gasping for air
I was close...24 yards rushing...lol...
ajschmeits

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

Stafford has got to quit trying to be a Ken Griffey Jr. look alike. He just doesn't have the look. Get your cap on straight, get real, get over last years statistics and move on. This team needs a leader on offense and he just isn't getting it yet.

Ed Hochuloogie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
2 easy wins
..that the refs will cheat them out of...
Bill Romanowski

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

Ed Hochuloogie wrote:
<quoted text>
..that the refs will cheat them out of...
I hochuloogie in Stokes face
Waldo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

Frank Pharts is MIA...

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

It seems Stafford is injury prone and Jay Cutler is a locker room cancer lions have no discipline. The division is winnable.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

ajschmeits wrote:
Stafford has got to quit trying to be a Ken Griffey Jr. look alike. He just doesn't have the look. Get your cap on straight, get real, get over last years statistics and move on. This team needs a leader on offense and he just isn't getting it yet.
The way someone where's his hat has nothing to do with anything. Cutler disgustedly put his hands on his teammate which proves he will never be a leader. He can never win back his locker room.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

Stubby wrote:
Locker ran for more yards than CJ. CJ's a greedy chump who got his money and doesn't care about the game.
If you knew anything about the offensive line you would understand that is the Titans problem not Chris Johnson. It's also the reason Locker has to run for his life. Stop listening to sports talk and bringing that genius here.

Yorktown, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

Listening to sports talk. That's funny seeing as you are the one who is walking talking media quote machine. Also, since you don't have Directv and they haven't been primetime, you haven't even watched a single Titans game. So if you haven't watched a single game how do you know where the problem is.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

Stubby wrote:
Listening to sports talk. That's funny seeing as you are the one who is walking talking media quote machine. Also, since you don't have Directv and they haven't been primetime, you haven't even watched a single Titans game. So if you haven't watched a single game how do you know where the problem is.
I know football is why I know the Titans problem. The favorte thing to do is to criticize the guy who makes the most money instead of being logcal realizing opposing defenses gameplan is to stop Johnson the Titans only playmaker just like teams did when Peterson had young QB's who could not read d's.

You know football better than what this post show stubby, step up your game.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

Indirect TV wrote:
<quoted text>
Since 2009 thier O-Line had an upgrade at Lt Guard...got rid of washed up Kevin Mawae and they are now starting their 2007 4th round pick at RT Guard...which is an upgrade from 2009 starter Jake Scott...Chris Johnson is the issue...
What would you do gameplan to stop the 2000 yard 4.3 Johnson and make Jake Locker prove himself or the other way around. CASECLOSED!

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

CJ Noodle Legs wrote:
Belch....
What we will see if Locker proves himself is the old Chris Johnson because the key is a balance acttack running and passing. Don't make the sports talk misstake of blaming one player for a team problem.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2012

Judged:

CJ Noodle Legs wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe Jake Locker would be able to perform better if CJ didnt have his fat wallet dragging him down...CASE REOPENED...
In 4 years Johnson has over 5600 yards. He has earn his money. I wonder why people let how much someone makes bother them?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••