Green Bay Packers Scheduled Meeting With Center Jeff Saturday

Mar 19, 2012 Full story: Rant Sports

The Green Bay Packers lost veteran center Scott Wells to free agency and desperately need to find a good replacement.

Full Story
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#1 Mar 20, 2012
Saturday would be a good replacement for Wells, but my guess is that he follows Peyton to the Broncos.
eric

Marshfield, WI

#2 Mar 20, 2012
w/o reading the article,Do they need another Center in Denver?I do get the comfort factor of playing with him but again does Denver need a Center?
I would also think he would be a good replacement,but,im high on Genus from last year and a year on the P.S. and i think Evan D-S can do the job well and its been said TJ Lang could play Center,if GB can find a Guard or if Ray Dominguez or Marshall Newhouse bulks up a bit steps up ( M.N. we also have to consider if Chad Clifton will be with us next year,is Derrick Sherrod healed up after that horrible leg injury.Ive heard both ways,Some M.N. is a Tackle,some better at Guard,so there are some options there.but, again im not the GM and they are talking with other Centers so.....
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#3 Mar 20, 2012
The Broncos center is not great and reports are that Manning wants Saturday. So I doubt Saturday signs with the Packers although I'd like to see it happen. The Packers may have other options at center, but depth on the O-line is ALWAYS desirable, especially when a team has a top QB to protect.
eric

Marshfield, WI

#4 Mar 20, 2012
well, if your going to drop that kind of Cash on Manning,might as well get the help he wants..
So how do you like resigning Jarett Bush for 3 years?
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#5 Mar 20, 2012
I would like to think the training camp competition will beat him out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indianapolis Colts Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Winners, losers: Did Rodgers kiss MVP goodbye? 10 hr Bradyrrhea 18
Manning a potential owner? Dec 15 Keith Naugle 1
NFL: Colts complete dramatic comeback over Browns Dec 12 Kevin 10
Jaguars sink to new low vs. Colts Dec 11 Bruce 6
Colts Must Pick Up Ground Game to Make a Playof... Dec 11 TeamBuilding First 1
NFL Week 11 hot reads: Patriots send a message Nov 18 Fartin Fred 8
Brady and Pats are No. 1 in AP Pro32 rankings Nov '14 Flatulence Fred 6