Per League Source: San Francisco 49ers Clear Front-Runner for Peyton...

Mar 17, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: National Football Authority

Denver, Tennessee, San Francisco - we don't yet know where Peyton Manning will play football in 2012.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
cowboys fan

Maricopa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Judged:

Peyton knows better than to come to the nfc since the cowboys own him.
Matt Atlanta GA

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2012

Judged:

Cowboys suck get over your self. Tony Romo is a terrible QB, "America's Team" should probably go after Manning.

“The trolls hate this guy”

Since: Jul 09

In the heads of trolls

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2012

San Farancisco has a very good starting QB who is almost ten years younger than Peyton Manning. TYhis would be a foolish risk for S.F. as Manning is conning back from serious injury and could be one hit away from forced retirement. It is also questionable whether Peyton Manning being past his prime with the injury history would be an upgrade over Alex Smith who still may not have reached his full potential and could conceivably yet improve his already high level of play. Manning may also demand a higher salary than what Smith would command. My advice: Forget Manning and stick with a proven more healthy younger QB.
Golddust

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2012

Once in a lifetime occurrence.... Peyton manning is "arguably" the best qb active and this is the biggest nfl free agent ever.... The goal is to win!! There are no loyalties and sf owes alex amith nothing.... Peyton manning must be signed!! Guaranteed first round bye in that division. No brainer!

In the heads of trolls

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2012

Golddust wrote:
Once in a lifetime occurrence.... Peyton manning is "arguably" the best qb active and this is the biggest nfl free agent ever.... The goal is to win!! There are no loyalties and sf owes alex amith nothing.... Peyton manning must be signed!! Guaranteed first round bye in that division. No brainer!
A few years ago, I might have agreed with you before the neck injuries.
Alex Smith is a safe bet as he has been maturing and improving while Manning has nowhere to go but down and even if he stays healthy, there is no guarantee that he will return to his former level of play.
Golddust

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2012

Sorry peyton will be fine and is offering out clauses in his next contract!! Besides who better to for kaepernick to learn from.... I think people need to stop treating him like hes paralyzed!! Hes done his workouts and looks fantastic!! You dont forget how to play football! Sign peyton fast! And if its about money then he will go to tennessee if uts about winning then 6 for 6 is coming ;)

Since: Mar 12

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2012

Golddust wrote:
Sorry peyton will be fine and is offering out clauses in his next contract!! Besides who better to for kaepernick to learn from.... I think people need to stop treating him like hes paralyzed!! Hes done his workouts and looks fantastic!! You dont forget how to play football! Sign peyton fast! And if its about money then he will go to tennessee if uts about winning then 6 for 6 is coming ;)
i have to agree with golddust!

In the heads of trolls

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2012

Golddust wrote:
I have seen many athletes proclaim themselves healed only to have the same injury recur shortly thereafter. Anybody who sees Peyton Manning as low risk is in deep denial. If he demands too much guaranteed salary, a career ending injury could result in obligations that could continue to take up salary cap space which could set a team back for years.

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2012

flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>I have seen many athletes proclaim themselves healed only to have the same injury recur shortly thereafter. Anybody who sees Peyton Manning as low risk is in deep denial. If he demands too much guaranteed salary, a career ending injury could result in obligations that could continue to take up salary cap space which could set a team back for years.
i just finished saying peyton would gladly set the contract up so the team has its out and wont get screwed over!!!
Im pretty sure peyton knows hel get paid if he plays

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2012

SNEAKYBEATS wrote:
<quoted text>i just finished saying peyton would gladly set the contract up so the team has its out and wont get screwed over!!!
sorry wrong thread but im sure the 49ers know that and they will protect themselves.... That being said i stand by there pursuit and wish them all the best your 49ers fan from canada good luck sf in attaining his rights!
gotntitans

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2012

as they say in TN u gotta dance with the one who brung you

In the heads of trolls

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2012

SNEAKYBEATS wrote:
<quoted text>
i just finished saying peyton would gladly set the contract up so the team has its out and wont get screwed over!!!
It is doubtful that the 'Niners can afford both Smith and Manning. If Manning signs, Smith will likely have to go. If Manning gets hurt, then who plays QB for them? Smith already has the advantage of knowing the 49er system. Alex Smith is a proven quality QB in his own right. Manning is a big gamble and not a potential long term fixture either. Smith has the potential to rise even higher while Manning has nowhere to go but down.

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2012

flbadcatowner wrote:
<quoted text>It is doubtful that the 'Niners can afford both Smith and Manning. If Manning signs, Smith will likely have to go. If Manning gets hurt, then who plays QB for them? Smith already has the advantage of knowing the 49er system. Alex Smith is a proven quality QB in his own right. Manning is a big gamble and not a potential long term fixture either. Smith has the potential to rise even higher while Manning has nowhere to go but down.
your crazy lol

In the heads of trolls

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2012

SNEAKYBEATS wrote:
<quoted text>
your crazy lol
Not nearly as crazy as one who would take a chance on an old QB whose best days are behind him with an injury history like Manning rather than playing safe with one of the better starting QBs in the NFL in Alex Smith. Of the three teams now believed to be in contention, Denver appears to be in the best position to improve itself in the short term by signing Manning and the 49ers, the least likely to improve themselves. If signing Manning proved to be a mistake, the 49ers would likely have the most to lose as they would have to choose between keeping Alex Smith and having salary cap space to allow them to deal with other necessities.

In the heads of trolls

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2012

I didn't realize that Alex Smith was a free agent. He has been miffed over the 49ers desire to sign Manning. Smith could have been signed for less than was Manning will likely demand (and get) from whomever he signs with. S.F. is now running the risk of losing out on both QBs, although, if Manning signs with Tennessee, it would likely result in QB Matt Hasselbeck's release which would give the 49ers another competent short term possibility at QB.
mk2aw

Miami Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2012

Matt Atlanta GA wrote:
Cowboys suck get over your self. Tony Romo is a terrible QB, "America's Team" should probably go after Manning.
Romo is the second highest rated QB in NFL history. But I see you have let ESPN brain wash you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Indianapolis Colts Discussions

Search the Indianapolis Colts Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Colts to go with Holmes and Costa at center Mar 21 Neil billingsley 1
Colts owner seeks treatment following arrest Mar 19 Irsay Bar Hopping 3
Indianapolis Colts owner Irsay arrested for DWI Mar '14 Horse Shoes and Beer 2
Browns sign free agent RB Ben Tate Mar '14 Tates Crutches 3
irsay arrested Mar '14 just saying 1
Not yet 'put-up-or-shut-up' for Raiders' owner ... Feb '14 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 8
Which Notre Dame players will be NFL Combine st... Feb '14 BigDan 1
•••
•••