Shane Lechler ecstatic about signing with Houston Texans

Mar 24, 2013 Full story: Rant Sports

The Houston Texans landed one of the league's best punters in Shane Lechler . While it's not exactly a homerun, adding the veteran punter is a move that will help the Texans win the field position battle throughout 2013.

Full Story
mdlovesdemraider s

Concord, CA

#1 Mar 24, 2013
Im beginning to really dislike Reggie. Phillips Wheeler, Brandon Myers, DHB, now Shane! I've had it 2013 is going to suck!
raiderfaith

Clayton, NC

#2 Mar 24, 2013
I would have liked keeping Lechler, but it was a good business decision. We have a talented young guy in King. And that saves us money. Plus, Lechler is getting long in the tooth. Lechler has been Awesome for us and I wish him all the best.
mdlovesdemraiders wrote:
Im beginning to really dislike Reggie. Phillips Wheeler, Brandon Myers, DHB, now Shane! I've had it 2013 is going to suck!
OneNation

Phoenix, AZ

#3 Mar 24, 2013
It's a new era kings day is coming! We need to worry about signing a good veteran cornerback like terence newman! Lechler chose his path we need a punter that can move when needed king is that plus he can punt large yards he just needs to work on the hang time it's a science he must get down to play in the nfl!

Since: Jun 12

El Monte, CA

#4 Mar 25, 2013
Well from his comments he makes is sound like he never wanted to be a raider he just couldnt pass up the money dont get me wrong he did good for us but if thats the way he feels then so long shane hello king

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#5 Mar 25, 2013
He is from around the Houston area so I think he's a good fit there. He was proud to be a Raider when he was first drafted by us, but once we were no longer a playoff contender and after all the coaching changes, he was more interested in leaving where he had a chance to be on a winning team until Al Davis offered him money he couldn't refuse.

I thank him for his time as a Raider and as an Aggie and wish him the best

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Houston Texans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Show of support for ex-SJSU player David Quesse... 4 hr Fatty McFlatus 2
Dallas, Houston Police Fire "Shots" At Each Oth... Oct 13 Flatulence Fred 4
Houstona s Foster criticizes Thursday night games Oct 7 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
Pitt WR Santonio Holmes in denial (Mar '10) Oct 1 Lunch Money Bandit 6
Doug Marrone talks about how Bills can stop J.J... Sep 30 That Fart Guy 2
Texans Receiver Made One Of The Most Incredible... Sep 23 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
The Buffalo Bills Will See a Familiar Face When... Sep 23 OBriens Butt-Chin 1

Houston Texans People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE