More on Matt Schaub

Full story: Raiders 12
Schaub is entering his 11th season in the NFL. He has completed 2,035 of 3,181 of his passes for 24,254 yards and 130 touchdowns in 128 games . Full Story

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#1 Mar 21, 2014
i thought the signing of matt schaub was going to bring a lot of excitement to the nation!?
i know mckenzie was excited.(i believe). at least that's the way he sounded when he was saying "oh i have a great idea who our (qb) is going to be" "quote unquote". sounded so secretive! and dennis allen, he sounds like it's the best thing he's ever done picking up matt schaub. makes it sound like if he was signing tom brady or payton manning!(lol). oh well, i can't knock it, he could either be an upgrade or he can be a flop! hope for the positive!
RAIDERS 2014!!!

“Undertaker Raiders Simona S”

Since: Apr 11

The Blackhole

#2 Mar 21, 2014
I'm for this trade. He was my preference if we were to bring in a veteran

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#3 Mar 21, 2014
Haleys Commet wrote:
I'm for this trade. He was my preference if we were to bring in a veteran
you're not pulling a T_RAIDER on us are you HC?
RAIDERS 2014!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#4 Mar 21, 2014
picked up the rest of his contract and gave up a 6th!
he would have been free on friday!?.
what were the RAIDERS afraid of?
they had already buttered him up?
once he was free, his first choice would have been the RAIDERS.
after all, RAIDERS would have been matt's choice?
RAIDERS 2014!!

“Just Win Baby!”

Since: Sep 09

Raleigh, NC

#5 Mar 21, 2014
They stated he is one of only 4 or 5 QB's in NFL history that has gone 5 years with a 90+ QB rating. So I kind of understand the excitement. It is tempered however by the poor season last year. Just gotta hope he gets back to form. I really think Holmes is going to a break out year and streater will be solid. I definitiely think we go 8-8 this season maybe better. Depends if we can steal a win at Denver, San diego or KC.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#6 Mar 21, 2014
Raider_Faith wrote:
They stated he is one of only 4 or 5 QB's in NFL history that has gone 5 years with a 90+ QB rating. So I kind of understand the excitement. It is tempered however by the poor season last year. Just gotta hope he gets back to form. I really think Holmes is going to a break out year and streater will be solid. I definitiely think we go 8-8 this season maybe better. Depends if we can steal a win at Denver, San diego or KC.
most everything looks to be upgraded. yes upgraded with age but good experience. we still have the draft to go through which will be interesting. i don't disagree with the 8-8 cause it is possible. like i was mentioning, it depends how this team plays together or "jells". plus, like you mentioned, the schedule. tough but no excuses! this is it, all marbles in! not bad i say getting exciting. i'm in!
RAIDERS 2014!!!
Reggie McWTF

United States

#7 Mar 24, 2014
Everyone was "for the Carson Palmer Trade" as well. This will be Palmer 2.0

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

#8 Mar 24, 2014
If Reggie was going to get a FA QB, I was all for Schaub also. I think he brings the same experience and leadership that the rest of the FA signings brings. Hopefully, he can bounce back after an off year last season.

My biggest concern is him being able stay healthy for the whole season. But if he goes down, we got McLuvin (or a drafted rookie?) that can get some experience--so I'm not terribly worried about that.

I also was concerned about this looking like the Palmer deal--and at 10+ Mil, I would rather have Palmer. But Schaub has already restructured his contract--something Palmer wouldn't do.
Freddy

Granger, IN

#9 Mar 24, 2014
Zild0405 wrote:
If Reggie was going to get a FA QB, I was all for Schaub also. I think he brings the same experience and leadership that the rest of the FA signings brings. Hopefully, he can bounce back after an off year last season.
My biggest concern is him being able stay healthy for the whole season. But if he goes down, we got McLuvin (or a drafted rookie?) that can get some experience--so I'm not terribly worried about that.
I also was concerned about this looking like the Palmer deal--and at 10+ Mil, I would rather have Palmer. But Schaub has already restructured his contract--something Palmer wouldn't do.
Palmer restructured his contract twice.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#10 Apr 23, 2014
schaub upgraded... went from a 2-14 team, to a 4-12 team (lol).
so does that mean we upgraded? or downgraded with schaub?
guess it means we upgraded cause we got schaub right?
now all we gotta do is win through out the seasonto be sure.
oh, and beat the texans to make it right.
RAIDERS 2014!!!
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#11 Apr 23, 2014
RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
schaub upgraded... went from a 2-14 team, to a 4-12 team (lol).
so does that mean we upgraded? or downgraded with schaub?
guess it means we upgraded cause we got schaub right?
now all we gotta do is win through out the seasonto be sure.
oh, and beat the texans to make it right.
RAIDERS 2014!!!
Just focus on beating the chefs, donkeys and chargless

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#13 Apr 23, 2014
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Just focus on beating the chefs, donkeys and chargless
trying to focus on just putting a team together that functions together!
RAIDERS 2014!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Houston Texans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Texans dump Jags, stay in postseason race Dec 8 Diarrhea Dave 2
Houstona s Foster criticizes Thursday night games Nov 19 OBriens Butt-Chin 8
Is Cleveland's Dream Season Coming to an End? Nov 19 Laughing Queen Fan 1
Foster focused on making an impact on and off t... Nov '14 Fartimus Gordon 3
Foster unsure when hamstring will allow him to ... Nov '14 Larry 4
NFL Playoffs: Foster a threat for Pats (Jan '13) Nov '14 Joe 9
Foster questionable, but not expected to play Nov '14 Getting Paid 2
More from around the web