Cowherd: Ravens Are Most Overrated Te...

Cowherd: Ravens Are Most Overrated Team In NFL

There are 9 comments on the Baltimore Ravens story from Nov 28, 2011, titled Cowherd: Ravens Are Most Overrated Team In NFL. In it, Baltimore Ravens reports that:

Cowherd from Sports Nation just said the Baltimore Ravens are the most overrated team in the NFL.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Ravens.

Rob

Clawson, MI

#1 Nov 29, 2011
I guess Colin did us a favor. As an "editorialist",(his term - a codeword for "I can say whatever I want so long as I entertain and bring in ratings.") so long as the average non-Raven fan doesn't find his statement ridiculous or stupid and it incites the Raven fanbase, then Colin is generating pub for his show and he's done his job.

Having said that, Colin is quite adept at revisionist history, often through ommission. He doesn't like Flacco (fact stated on ESPN radio). Not too long ago, Cowherd thought Aaron Rodgers was overrated and overhyped. Go ask the Packer Nation what Colin said before that magical run to the Super Bowl. Am I saying Flacco is Rodgers? Of course not. I'm saying that Colin Cowherd tries to appeal to a more sophisticated viewer/listener than Skip Bayless, and therefore attempts to be a bit more subtle and eloquent with his "editorialist opinions" designed to garner a reaction. The danger with statements like this one is that if he is discredited too often (i.e. Aaron Rodgers), it will compromise his Colin Cowherd radio personality and send him tumbling into the Skip Bayless scrum.
Ratings

Houston, TX

#2 Nov 29, 2011
Saints #1 in that category...Ravens #2.....both choke in the post season regularly....
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#3 Nov 29, 2011
Careful, there are Bear's fans on this forum.....
Geno

Portland, OR

#4 Nov 29, 2011
Rob wrote:
I guess Colin did us a favor. As an "editorialist",(his term - a codeword for "I can say whatever I want so long as I entertain and bring in ratings.") so long as the average non-Raven fan doesn't find his statement ridiculous or stupid and it incites the Raven fanbase, then Colin is generating pub for his show and he's done his job.
Having said that, Colin is quite adept at revisionist history, often through ommission. He doesn't like Flacco (fact stated on ESPN radio). Not too long ago, Cowherd thought Aaron Rodgers was overrated and overhyped. Go ask the Packer Nation what Colin said before that magical run to the Super Bowl. Am I saying Flacco is Rodgers? Of course not. I'm saying that Colin Cowherd tries to appeal to a more sophisticated viewer/listener than Skip Bayless, and therefore attempts to be a bit more subtle and eloquent with his "editorialist opinions" designed to garner a reaction. The danger with statements like this one is that if he is discredited too often (i.e. Aaron Rodgers), it will compromise his Colin Cowherd radio personality and send him tumbling into the Skip Bayless scrum.
He also, self admittedly, thought the Washington Redskins were from WA state, his own homestate, until he was in his teens.
Cow Moo

Cypress, TX

#5 Nov 29, 2011
Ravens Are the Second Most Overrated Team In NFL....
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#6 Nov 30, 2011
First is probably, the Giants .....
Giant Failures

Houston, TX

#7 Nov 30, 2011
Go Blue wrote:
First is probably, the Giants .....
Could be close...they choke alot like the Saints since winning a SB....
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

#8 Nov 30, 2011
Giant Failures wrote:
<quoted text>
Could be close...they choke alot like the Saints since winning a SB....
I'm counting on the Saints, to knock off the Packers.....
Frozen Brees

Houston, TX

#9 Nov 30, 2011
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text> I'm counting on the Saints, to knock off the Packers.....
Should they meet...it will be like week ones match...unless Brees cant play in the cold of GB...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Houston Texans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Houston Texans to hold training camp in West Vi... Feb 10 Training Pharts 2
Poll Why do the Texans Suck...Still? (Mar '16) Jan 28 LargePharts 6
Poll Why do the Texans Suck? (Oct '15) Jan 28 ClownPharts 11
Repent Repent Houston (Apr '16) Jan 28 WorshipPharts 2
News Raiders vs. Texans playoff preview Jan 28 SharePharts 12
News Texans left with QB questions after divisional ... Jan 25 SamplingPharts 4
News Why Tony Romo won't let Jerry Jones keep him on... Jan 25 ArthurPharts 10
More from around the web